It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian politics, please help!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
so, I am looking to vote in the upcoming canadian election (which was called 2 or 3 weeks ago and still be finished before the united states election, not all the bull
) lol. It looks as though the conservitive party is going to win based on the polls but i was wondering who should i vote for? i don't know very ,i about the canadian election and based on what this site is, who would someone who uses this site vote for?

Sorry its canadian politics lol

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Here is Canadian politics in a nutshell:

The Conservatives will tell you they will punch you in the face and then punch you in the face.
The Liberals will tell you to look behind you and then punch you in the back of the head
The NDP will spin around in circles until they accidentally punch you in the face
The Green party will be too stoned to do anything and will ask you to punch yourself in the face.

You get hurt no matter who you vote for, just choose your poison.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hi Tyler,

First of all, I would recommend that you visit the websites of all the parties. The conservatives, the Liberals, the NDP, the Green Party, Heck, even check out the Bloq Quebecois if you want. Look at their platforms, etc. then you should make your decision based on what you see rather than what someone tells you.

If you want to look at what other people are thinking check out the thread I started which is Decision 2008 Canada, it is just a few threads below your own here..

Good luck

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Even checking out all the parties and the members running right now, only gives you a drop in the bucket of information.
Unfortunately this is where history comes into play. You need to research the history of each part to a certain degree, the issues they stand for, the policies, and what campaign promises they kept in previous years. It is a misconception that you are voting for just one individual, one representative. They may claim that although they represent a certain party, that they wish to do things far different from there predecessors. Some do make change, others don't. That would be where you need to delve into the personal history of a candidate.
Are they all they claim to be, and how have they lived their life up till now?
A lot of homework I know.
In one respect, the American Election is SUPERIOR to ours, as the population has more time to research and consider their decision. we are not really offered that luxury.
Personally, I'm tired of seeing either Red or Blue, and I plan to Vote Green, just to be pain in the ass.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I agree with RealMckoy. My views on politics may not be the same as yours. I know who I would be voting for and I can give you a whole lotta reasons as to why them and not the other. But I don't want to be offensive. Good luck with your vote!

new topics

top topics

join