It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twins who swapped roles charged with fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

ROME (Reuters) - An Italian woman who worked as a part-time judge as well as a lawyer was substituted by her identical twin sister in court so she would not lose out on legal fees when she had two simultaneous engagements.

The 54-year-old twins from northern Italy have now been charged with fraud and will go on trial in January, Italy's leading newspaper, Corriere della Sera, reported Friday on its website.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source:Reuters

I really thought this would be sexier. But it's funny none the less. Because the Judge didn't want to miss out on being a lawyer so she sent her sister who didn't have a law degree to stand in her place!

Now both are being sued.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
All of which, of course, makes you wonder how often they'd done it before and got away with it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Doesn't it? I mean I wonder how the client figured it out? Cause obviously there would be some sort of preparation by the judge twin to the non lawyer twin on how to proceed. I bet the client started asking questions and was wondering why the other twin didn't respond right.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It would make a great basis for an Agatha Christie novel, huh ?

Clients standing disconsolately in the rain with their lawyer, their life in ruins and they see two dumpy middle aged women furtively swapping clothing inside a car ... light bulb moment !

top topics

join