It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Under Martial Law! As Declared By The Speaker Last Night!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

We Are Under Martial Law! As Declared By The Speaker Last Night!

www.youtube.com

We Are Under Martial Law! As Declared By The Speaker Last Night! Rep Burgess

Edit: Can't get YT video working, sorry.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by darkmaninperth]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Oh My! This is getting quite serious. And this the fact that the 3rd Infantry Divisions 1st Brigade Combat Team has been transferred under NorthCom's control for operations within the U.S.

I really hope this was a slip of the tongue!

On the other fork of the tongue....

For example, from July 28th of 2006: www.cbpp.org...

"The Leadership apparently intends to use a process known as “martial law” to allow these bills to be brought to the floor very shortly after negotiations are completed, with the result that Members of the House are likely to have virtually no time to examine and consider the details of the legislation before they will be required to vote on it."

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by darkmaninperth]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
its a congressional term that doesn't relate to the martial law that you are inferring... so...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Congressional martial law isn't the martial law everyone is askeered of.
Link

BLANKET MARTIAL LAW RULE THROUGH
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH

To report the martial law rule waiving a requirement of Clause 6(a) of Rule XIII with respect to consideration of any resolution reported from the Rules Committee, through the legislative day of September 29, 2008. It does not apply to any specific measure, but rather grants blanket authority.

(sorry for the crosspost in two threads)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It is quite frankly mindblowing, no less than mindblowing that in this day and age, in such a time of turmoil, with the news of an impending US active duty occupation of its own Country, that one of our elected leaders would even dare utter the words Martial Law in the public eye.

And you know what the litmus test is here? Not even so much as a spin job on the MSM. It just didn't happen.

I would accept nothing less than an explanation from the source (Mr. Burgess) of this whole Martial Law provision in Congress before I would come anywhere near lowering my hackles.

I "personally" no longer live in the land of coincidence...

my .02

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by darkmaninperth

I have the youtube video code.. here it is

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is not martial law as everything thinks it is.

This is a term used figuratively speaking, basically a gag order on the republicans.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
As has been pointed out, there's already been a thread about this in which the subject of Congress in martial law is clarified.

See here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I will be posting this entry into every thread related to this 'martial law' question.

Yes, the name is alarming, and no, it is not related to civilian day-to-day activities.

But don't breath a heart-felt sigh of relief just yet. There is a reason for the alarming nomenclature..., it is extraordinary that they should invoke this process with blanket immunity, especially since we have no idea what 'extras' will be riding on the final measure.

The 'enforcement' of the expediency is very telling of the intent. I hate to say it, because many of us here at ATS are in the unenviable position of being able to claim, 'We told you so." on the current financial crisis (I would much rather have been wrong); but it looks like some of us will be in that very same position in a matter of weeks, if not days. This 'blanket authority to depart from regular legislative process' can be applied to whatever measure they want, since the declaration of legislative martial law escaped the narrow definition of the bailout.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
its a congressional term that doesn't relate to the martial law that you are inferring... so...

So.... I opened it up for discussion and debate. I was quite alarmed when I first heard it, but I did look further into it, as you can see from my post - you did read my post? Didn't you?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here is my thought... Congressional martial law was enacted to force a vote on pressing legislation . The bill was rejected by those that pushed it. Despite being under congressional martial law congress went home today and reconvenes in two days. Bush addresses the nation tomorrow.

Why is there a two day gap.....

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
As pointed out above, there is already an existing thread on this issue, please join the discussion there and share your thoughts.

Pelosi Declared Martial Law last night!

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join