It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All talk and no walk- the list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I did read the guidelines and I believe I am within them. Besides, this has nothing to do with the 2008 election either. I know it is provocing (to some) but it is also an effort in denying the ignorance. The one rule I might be breaking is that I am unsure of wether this is the correct forum for this or not. So, if you Mods think I posted this in the wrong section please feel free to move it (I know you will anyway).

Here are some typical "Chickenhawks", people who are all talk but no walk:

DICK CHENEY
Said to be having "other priorities" than serving in the Vietnam war.

RICHARD PERLE
Was during the Vietnam War a student at the University of Chicago. Later he became deputy minister of defence under president R. Reagan.

RUSH LIMBAUGH
A stone-hard conservative who escaped serving in the Vietnam war due to cyst in the rectum...

PAT ROBERTSON
According to the former republican member of the congress, McCloskey Jr. (who served with Robertson in Korea) he was sent home on request by his father as the war was drawing closer.

JOHN ASHCROFT
This conservative, earlier in the Bush-administration, asked to be relieved from serving in the Vietnam war because he was a teacher at a business school. The request was granted.

BILL O'REILLY
Supported both the war in Bosnia-Hercegovina and Iraq but stood over the Vietnam war due to studies at the university.

TRENT LOTT
During the enlistment process he did not pass the physical requirements and instead joined the cheer leaders in collage...

TOM DELAY
This republican texan and member of congress stated that the military had no place for him because it is crowded with members from different minority groups.

Please, contribute to this list. The truth must be spread. Some of them are pretty hilarious too!

Mod Edit - Edited title at members request

[edit on 14/1008/08 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

RUSH LIMBAUGH
A stone-hard conservative who escaped serving in the Vietnam war due to cyst in the rectum...

That one is a classic.

I think that most politicians who are beating the war drum can fall under this category. I find it odd that McCain seems to be so willing to instigate a war with Iran, simply based off of his history. Especially when you consider that his son is serving and would likely have to fight there as well.

There aren't many politicians that bang the war drum that have a military record that is very impressive. Most that did serve seemed to have been "sheltered" due to their own family contacts.

I don't want to discredit McCain. He served, he was a POW and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. I also want to give credit to Jesse Ventura. The man was a Navy SEAL which is no small task.

Again, most of our politicians are people who were born into privilege and seem to not appreciate the gravity of what they are asking our youth to do for them. Hypocrites are very hard to tolerate.

new topics

join