It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaking Hands With Palin Earns President Zardari A Fatwa!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Courtesy: New York Times

Christ!! Now how corny can this get?? Pres Zardari of Pakistan shakes hands with Palin and he gets kicked in the butt by Muslim fanatics issuing him a Fatwa. Oh Lord!

LAHORE: The prayer leader of the infamous Lal Masjid in the heart of Islamabad has issued a decree against President Asif Zardari for publicly making indecent gestures towards the American Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin during their Washington meeting, saying the act was un-Islamic and Zardari has shamed the entire Pakistani nation.

‘Indecent gestures’? Shaking hands with a woman is ‘indecent’? According to these Muslim fundamentalists, it is against the will of Allah! Jeez! In all probability these mullahs are fantasizing about Palin more than we can imagine, hiding their desires under the cloak of outrageous fatwas!!

Here’s to mud in their eyes!

www.dnaindia.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the President, he's caught in the middle of trying to improve the standard of living in his country and the religious fanatics that want his head for trying to do that. What a sad and pathetic state that is.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

These extremists are a joke.

I commend the president for trying to bridge the gap between 650 AD and 2008 . These religious extremists are the only true wrench in the gears of progression, and it has nothing to do with modernization.

"Shamed an entire country."

Get real.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I completely agree with you laiguana. I feel sorry for Zardari. He's caught between a rock and a hard place. Muslim fanatics are literally going berserk in Pakistan killing scores in suicide attacks. But unfortunately, he's not in command in Pakistan. The two main power centers are the Army and the infamous ISI that is covertly supporting the Taliban which is spreading its tentacles in Pakistan.

The politicians there are but puppets on a string. Democracy in Pakistan will continue to be a sham unless and until these organizations are brought to heel. But that's easier said than done!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
I completely agree with you laiguana. I feel sorry for Zardari. He's caught between a rock and a hard place. Muslim fanatics are literally going berserk in Pakistan killing scores in suicide attacks. But unfortunately, he's not in command in Pakistan. The two main power centers are the Army and the infamous ISI that is covertly supporting the Taliban which is spreading its tentacles in Pakistan.

The politicians there are but puppets on a string. Democracy in Pakistan will continue to be a sham unless and until these organizations are brought to heel. But that's easier said than done!

AAAA bollocks,,,
i seen this all before...(s

No sorry that was me own country Ireland. Same &^%$ different A$$%*
Peace
Kirky

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Ah yes, god forbid above all else that people be allowed to determine what they believe to be right for their own nation! This isn't even worth discussing, there's so much thinly veiled anti-Muslim sentiment here this might as well be Fox News.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
if he found her so hot, he should have just done her
might as well make the most of the fatwa

new topics

top topics

join