It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sylvia Brown scam.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Oh man you wasted your money on her book, and spent your time and energy to come to the understanding she was a scam???
Looks like she already got you, and so many others! She has already taken from you what she wanted and moved onto the next vitcum.

Time after time I come into these threads and give my warnings about this quack!
Its a shame that she is empowered by this notion of wonderment!

People try to give her the benifet of the doubt, and they do research and try their best to see if what she says is real..

You see she preys upon your hopes and dreams.. And once you have learned she is nothing but a fraud its to late!!! She has already consumed that small part of you and is replaced by another one..

I happen to try to see the best of people.. And yes.. I once befell into the same energy trap as you once did.
But its your job now as you are doing to make sure more dont fall into her web!!

She is a spider. her totem energy is that of an insect! The one who devours! A pest! And she is proclaimed threw TV, and her books.

And more and more people fall into her web everyday..
As more and more people are having a tuff time threw this life, and just want some magical answer. And This Brown stain can claim what ever she wants.. But I dont see how she can look at her haggard face in the mirror..
When I see that woman.. I want to barf!!! and its more of an energy thing presay her bad looks..
She looks like an old evil HAG!!! Not to mention her energy is not soothing to me.. And its my point of veiw..
Feel what you wish! But we here on onto Brown deeply.

The vibe here on ATS is that she is

I would love to find a true beliver.. and have an outright Debate with them on Brown.
Im waiting.. So if you are true to feeling she is for good, and she is 100% right please let me know.. I will make arrangments to set up a debate!

Ive been waiting for this one, and would be happy to fight for justice on this topic!!

Thanks OP for comming around.. And no worries, I did the research and reading too.. but didnt take long before I knew I was duped!

Her book..
Mystical Traveler: How to Advance to a Higher Level of Spirituality
Should be more like.. How Brown advances to a higher level of material things! While you are left sitting there empty. And have 20$ less in your pocket! Not to mention you will never get that time back that you spent.
I went over this before in my post.. But she just stole YOUR energy!
SHE TOOK a part of you and helped herself to a higher level here!

She works a dark magic.. and is one of the higher standing Queens of manipulation in this world.. Watch out!

And on a level at who I am I fight VS this HAG! Shes not a witch, or a medium.. She is a VAMPIRE HAG!!! who uses illusions, and mindcontrol to feed off her prey.
She might not be human either... But dont quote me on that one. Sure her body is human, her mind is human, but her energy is NOT !
This goes beyond our 5 sense world.. I will not explain any further.
If you wish to know more U2 me.. As what I have to say would only strenghten her in to many ways that I would want to some.. while others it would leave her exposed and helpless.. Where is Antar when I need her?
She will understand what Im saying!! Im going to focus on Antar.. And she will show up in this thread later by chance.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by zysin5]

I'm going to believe everything thing you've just stated is absolutely correct!

The sad thing that does exist, Sylvia Browne & many others of her kind. She & the others work for a dark side...whatever you want to call it. They are vampires & love to feed off life/humankind.

I had a friend, zysin5, I want to say very similar to you...& I miss him.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
A person can learn a lot from South Park.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by REVOLUTION_!1!1

Thanks for your kind words and show of support.. However all I ask is that everyone makes up their own minds, and follows their own path to self enlightenment! But I dont mind giving people direction!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I think that she has a talent but she has gotten so caught up with the fame and being right, that now she always has to be right. I mean does the public really want to listen to some one who is only right sometimes? Most people don't understand the psychic abilities aren't always 100 accurate or clear, but that doesn't make for good tv does it?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mateandbucky06

I think that she has a talent but she has gotten so caught up with the fame and being right, that now she always has to be right. I mean does the public really want to listen to some one who is only right sometimes?

She is more than caught up into the fame.. It goes deeper IMO.
No the public I think would be willing to hear more from a person who is honest and doesnt prey upon the weakness of others in their most trying times!!!
Thats what this is about at the base root.. She exploits people who are deeply in pain.. And she uses that to suck them dry.. Not only emotionally but with in other ways too..
Just what talent do you feel she has?
I happen to feel her only talent is manipulation at its finest!
She is saying she has something special!! When you have the same power she has !!! You just chose to feel you dont.. There for you do not belive in yourself enough to dig deep enough to pull it out of you..

Have you ever given a good friend some good advice? Or helped out a stranger with some kind words?

Would you ever consider going up to someone who just lost a loved one, and say.. Well for this amount of money I will tell you what ever you want to hear!!! I sure the heck have never done that, and I think its down right evil to do to people who have a hard time letting go.

Look, when someone dies the body shell is gone.
The person you loved and lost with always be with you!!!
It doesnt take some outside force to tell you something you already know deep down.

And when it comes to the whole finding the dead bodies.. Well that in itself is called cold readings.. And with enough work, and research anyone of us could do what she does..
Honestly.. She is to self important.. And puts to much focus on herself!

She never allows other to say hey this woman told me something that is right.. NO she gets up there and self proclaims!
She has shills who are paided to say yes she helped me find so and so.

Much like Chriss Angel.. He has a team of people who he gets with before hand to ensure his illusions go as planned and seem like he picks people out of the crowd at random..
Trust me.. She hand picks those who speak for her.. And she pays them money to say what they say.. Not because she was right..
But because its an investment, that will make her more MONEY!!

This is all about money to her.. Bottom line.. She would have to get a normal job like the rest of us to pay her bills. And she wouldnt find the time to do half the things she does. Thus thats why her success rate is about 50/50.. Its purely the roll of the dice! And she is wrong.. And then she is right.. But with the volume of people she deals with.. Its only by chance she is right that 50% of the time..

But dont take my word for it.. You must find this out on your own.
And if it honestly helps you deal with whatever.. then so be it..
Im glad you found something that helps you threw this life..
But I wont sit around and watch people buy into another scam..

I will atleast come and speak my mind, and say hey.. Its cold readings.
And we could all DO IT!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Not one single psychic has ever been able to repeatedly reproduce their abilities. Not a single one. Ever. In the hundreds of years of scientific testing of psychic abilities. Surely you'd think, considering the benefit it would be to mankind to understand these phenomena, that one would have come forward?

The reason the psychics were turned down by James Randi is because they wouldn't agree to a rigorous scientific experiment. The only way it can be demonstrated as being true is if they do, and they refused.

Psychic abilities = bollocks. Some simply don't know, and others do and take advantage of the former. Like this broad. Evil.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
Not one single psychic has ever been able to repeatedly reproduce their abilities. Not a single one. Ever. In the hundreds of years of scientific testing of psychic abilities.

Not to you and not to Science. Though I see 'repeated demonstrations' weekly where I work. As do my work colleagues....who are a collection of Nurses, Drs, Social Workers, Psychiatrists and Psychologists, A&D Counsellors and other Allied Health Workers...

...and not guessing games either...actually specifics down to objects in rooms never been in, events and people in others lives they have never met etc...

...thats the way some where I work do things...that is our culture...though of course thats also just all anecdotal heresay as those who do do so because they are called to do so, not because they wish to make names for themselves, win money, gain kudos or leap through hoops at the commandment of others...they also wouldn't call themselves 'psychic' either or any other overly used and abused *title*...

...but then we've had this dialogue many times before...

Peace.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by alien]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Wolf Messing was able to. He was studied by the Soviet scientists and Stalin himself tested his abilities. Mr Messing was able to get into many classified areas by making the guards believe they were seeing Stalin.
Stalin was not the kind of man who could be fooled, and no one ever tried to pull the wool over his eyes. Unless they wanted to be sent to Siberia and their families shot.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Has anyone here ever heard of George Anderson? I truely hope that he is for real because when a dear close friend of mine was murdered, I discovered G. Anderson and it helped me through it all. Anybody know if he is a scam also?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
They are ALL CON ARTISTS!

I know them ALL... There are no psychics... There are only different levels of understanding.

Trust in yourself and your judgement.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho
derek akora (not sure how thats spelt thats how it sounds) hes on radio a lot and in a tv prog most haunted. he destroyed any belief i had in these people when i listened in too one of his radio shows, it went something like this: hi there caller, i see some spirits appearing around you, i think maybe family that have past away, have you lost anyone recently?

no i havent lost anyone for a long time

ok so they must be ansestors then, wait someones saying something, its john, someone called john, you knew someone called john?

no ive never knew anyone called john whos died

ah i see theyre telling me they are not john, john is someone you need to look out for in the future, they'll be important to you
anyway caller thanks for callin weve a lot of people to get through tonight

That's so uncannily accurate, it could actually be a transcription from an interview on TalkSport or similar. The work BadPsychics have done on Acorah and others is fantastic.

Also, one of the reasons you might have found the spelling of his name awkward is because he's lied about that too.

The truth behind the name Acorah?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by imysbbad

From what I understand, George Anderson is the only one no one can debunk.

He has removed himself from mainstream just because of people like sylvia.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Thank you for that info nixie-nox. He always seemed like he was for real and that he really wanted to help people with his gift. I know he charges but he has to make a living, I guess. He didnt seem to be gung ho about it like all the others.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o
I am torn, half of me thinks she is pretty great and other other half thinks she is a fraud. I have read a few of her books and have seen her on tv. She is the one who got me talking to my spirit guide.
With every thing else you can find fault and things wrong.

I like to think she means well.

I know how you feel

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Psychic abilities used to be common. When I was younger they we not thought of as weird, just as intuition. It was common amongst married young women I knew for them to be aware of when their husbands train was arriving, even if he caught a different one each night, and be there to meet them. We took it for granted that we could sense our children from a distance and know if they were in trouble. Predictive dreams were surprising, but most of the people I knew had one occasionally.

I was admittedly strange even by the standards of those days, because I could just shut my eyes and "look" at the clock in my home to tell the time. I didn't understand as a teenager why anyone would wear a watch. Eventually I was given one, and lost that ability.

This world is not as we understand it. Sure, there's a real world in which you will bleed when you're cut, and we must acknowledge this reality. But there is a whole other reality we also live in, and some people get to be a whole lot more at home in this plane than in the blood&guts reality most are based in.

We all have psychic abilities, but certain experiences free up their use and other experiences blind us and atrophy them. Two of the surest things to atrophy white psychic ability are fame and power. So we should stay clear of any so-called psychics who have fame and power, because any ability they are developing now will not be white.

If you need knowledge that is not learnable in the blood&guts plane, listen to your own heart and the feelings of your loved ones. Only share your abilities if someone asks in honest simplicity and if you can remain humble and caring. And never charge or make it public or try to influence a person.

Jesus was teaching this when he washed the feet of his disciples. Using psychic abilities and white magic tunes you into a great universal force of love, wisdom and joy. - If you do it with love and humility and not as an ego trip or a way to enrich yourself. Jesus was opening up his disciples spiritually, and so needed to ensure they were opening to the powers of good, and not the powers of evil.

As a true white psychic, and by that I mean one whose heart is open to what may be, and who lives in love, one is a servant. We must foster an awareness that we share in the faults and weaknesses that we see about us, and never consider ourselves above another.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
HEy I'm with you I've always thought Sylvia brown was a scam. like all psychic hoaxes they tell you to watch out for she gives very general out lines for things and i've watched her on montel a couple of times and she's often wrong more times than not. Also the people in the audience tend to give her alot of information which defeates the point.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I borrowed one of Sylvia Brown's books from the library once in a time of dispair. Personally, I didn't find it helpful in the slightest. I got the impression that she was extremely self centered. I also got the feeling that she just had a bad energy.

Oh well. Better that I learned that for myself.

Zysin5 -
I enjoyed your post and had wanted to send a U2U your way to ask about your comment regarding Brown's non human energy as I was intrigued. Unfortunately because I usually just read the threads but don't contribute much I didn't have enough posts to send a U2U.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Boy, she is a doosy isn't she.
I became intrenched with her plagiarized teachings and books back in 2006. I watched every Wednesday on Montel.
The reason I know it is taken from others books and teachings is because of other books I have read since the 70"s. Linda Goodman for one. I noticed a lot out of her book. And Linda Goodman herself said in one of her books that there is a charlatan that is in California now that is taking everyone for their money. Put two and two together, and that was in the 70's.

I started noticing in her books that she was contradicting herself quite often, and then realized that the angels she was talking about were not the good ones. More like freemasonry. Of course the womens side of freemasonry is the eastern star.

I am posting anonymous because I ended up on the prayer list and ended up basically becoming friends with her son Paul's ex-wife through emails.
What's really weird is that her brother is a Jesuit teacher and professor and when I went to his website to listen to his music he had recorded, I emailed him and told him how wonderful his sister was and her working with Sylvia, this was "before" I realized that Sylvia was a fraud, and talking with her everyday via email, she flat out cut me off after I emailed her brother because he was furious that she was still working with Sylvia
That is when I started becoming really----suspicious.

To make a very long story short, she emailed me and said she was not comfortable talking to me anymore
. I guess, just the mention of Sylvia to her brother was a no-no, cause he didn't know she was still working for her after what Sylvia did to her. I did get it out of her, and she did say, Quote "she didn't believe in most of what Sylvia was doing". Unquote.
So finally, after a couple of more emails to her, I finally asked her if she was "genuine", (she use to do past-life readings with Sylvia's on stage shows traveling), never heard from her again.

Anyway, I found this website accidently, down below, and took all her books to the used book store and sold them just to get them out of my house. She is just out to make millions, and boy did she. Her ex-husband is even on this website. So there it is, I was taken in too. But-------it did put me on a better path, just by realizing that we all have to use our gut instincts to decipher all these false prophets and become stronger spirits bacause of them. If we didn't have these negative spirits here to teach us, we wouldn't learn anything to become stronger. Because with every negative there is a positive and vice-versa. Couldn't have one without the other.

www.stopsylviabrowne.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
just searching her up on google, will reveal she's a fake. I remember just watching some of youtube videos of her, when she was on some a talk show (i believe it was montel), and just shook my head in disbelief that people really believe the things she was saying.

#1 rule - If it cost money, relates to psychics and ufos, its very likely a scam.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I remember one of her last publicised cases that I think should have sent red flags a waving, which was the St Louis Mo boy who was kidnapped. She wanted money to help and was turned down, when she started to get negative press for it she told the parents that the boy was dead.
They not only found him alive but they found another boy that had been kidnapped years earlier.
If she has any abilities they must be dark to be so publicly mean and self centered.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join