It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reinhardt Thread - "Suggestions and Predictions"

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OSO in espanol means bear. bear market, eh?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
us.ft.com...

Traders to collect big on slick bet
By Javier Blas in London
Sunday Nov 16 2008 18:40

Investors who placed summer bets that oil prices would fall below $100 a barrel are set to make huge profits on Monday, with some speculators reaping a return of more than 2,000 per cent in less than six months.

The expiry of the December put options - derivatives that give holders the right to sell at a predetermined price and date - means some investors will be selling oil at prices as high as $100-$120 a barrel, well above Friday's close of $57.04 a barrel.

Traders warned the expiry was likely to trigger volatility in the oil market

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Man: You sit here, dear.
Wife: All right.
Man: Morning!
Waitress: Morning!
Man: Well, what've you got?
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam...

www.nytimes.com...

Hormel declined to cooperate with this article, but several of its workers were interviewed here recently with the help of their union, the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union Local 9. Slumped in chairs at the union hall after making 149,950 cans of Spam on the day shift, several workers said they been through boom times before — but nothing like this.

Spam “seems to do well when hard times hit,” said Dan Bartel, business agent for the union local. “We’ll probably see Spam lines instead of soup lines.”

Even as consumers are cutting back on all sorts of goods, Spam is among a select group of thrifty grocery items that are selling steadily.

Pancake mixes and instant potatoes are booming. So are vitamins, fruit and vegetable preservatives and beer, according to data from October compiled by Information Resources, a market research firm.

“We’ve seen a double-digit increase in the sale of rice and beans,” said Teena Massingill, spokeswoman for the Safeway grocery chain, in an e-mail message. “They’re real belly fillers.”

Kraft Foods said recently that some of its value-oriented products like macaroni and cheese, Jell-O and Kool-Aid were experiencing robust growth. And sales are still growing, if not booming, for Velveeta, a Kraft product that bears the same passing resemblance to cheese as Spam bears to ham.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by shermanium]

[edit on 17-11-2008 by shermanium]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaspermartyrphantom
OSO in espanol means bear. bear market, eh?

true but it could also mean (from wikipedia)

a Great President of Hell, ruling three legions of demons (thirty to other authors, and Pseudomonarchia Daemonum gives no number of legions). He makes men wise in all liberal sciences and gives true answers concerning divine and secret things; he also brings insanity to any person the conjurer wishes, making him/her believe that he/she is the creature or thing the magician desired, or makes that person think he is a king and wearing a crown, or a Pope.

Ose is depicted as a leopard that after a while changes into a man.

His name seems to derive from Latin 'os', mouth, language, or 'osor', that who abhors.

given the circumstances ie the previous message and length of time both were up there, i still think it was meant to be sos.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shermanium

one spam goes up as another goes down?
link

The closure of a web hosting firm that is believed to have had spam gangs as clients has led to a drastic reduction in junk mail.

Two US internet service providers have pulled the plug on the firm McColo following an investigation by the Washington Post newspaper.

Anti-spam firm Ironport has seen junk mail levels drop by 70% since McColo was taken offline on 11 November.

finally some good news eh?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
does this mean we can try blair for war crimes now?

Legal advice given to Tony Blair by the attorney general prior to the Iraq war was fundamentally "flawed," a former law lord has claimed.

Lord Bingham said Lord Goldsmith had given Mr Blair "no hard evidence" that Iraq had defied UN resolutions "in a manner justifying resort to force".

Therefore, the action by the UK and US was "a serious violation of international law," Lord Bingham added. t

=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7734712.stm Iraq war 'violated rule of law'

[edit on 18-11-2008 by justyc]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
sorry - we can't do this because it would upset the oil people and we wouldn't want to create more jobs in the coal industry when we've tried so hard to destroy it...

Europe's $14 Billion Clean-Coal Proposal May Go Up in Smoke

A European proposal to spend 11 billion euros ($14 billion) testing how to pump greenhouse gases underground is itself getting buried.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

November 18 2008

18/11/2008

This Banking-Mindset Cannot Be Limited To China Alone

Historically Railroads Have Been Used..

To Get A Lot Of Civil-Wars Built

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Globalization Tip:

Notice How The State-Controlled Media..

Always Tries..

To Portrait The Outsourcing Globalist..

As Being “Dumb”

?

In other words..

“dumb” = obviously not the ”desired outcome”

In other other words “pretending to fail”

This is how history gets so mangled-up.

So, YOU Lost All Your Money..

AND Your Livelyhood..

Because WE Are Dumb

?

Stabilizing Global Wages..

IS NOT DUMB

Stabilizing Global Wages..

is compulsary.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

This is how the king makes peasants..

with scientific skills..

affordable.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I Have Talked To A Few Thousand M.D.s

wink

wink

nod

nod

say no more?

They play the..

“poor poor pitiful us routine”..

every damn administrative change-over.

Here Is The Only Headline..

That Would Make Them Quit

Wise-Investors Are Perfectly Aware:

Without Medicare Fraud..

Physicians Could Only Buy Three..

Summer-Homes

Ask Your Doctor..

Or Your Dentist..

And Your “Democratically-Elected”..

“Public-Official”..

Which Off-Shore Tax-Haven..

They Hide THEIR Nest-Eggs At?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have to disagree with R for a change. I don't think Medicare Fraud has
a thing to do with physicians. It has everything to do with crooked CFO's and government. Physicians do not sign up patients (real or fake), employers and government entities do. Physicians just work their tale off to get paid very little by Medicare. The ones making the money are the corporate higher ups. This article gives very real figures.
salaries
I write the checks for the physicians and do the tax returns for the CEO's I can say without a doubt that the physicians are "earning" their pay.
There are more laws and regulations for physicians than CEO's. Think STARK, HIPAA, Anti-trust, etc.
Thers is plenty of crime in medicine, but it isn't at the Physician level.
Maybe the answer is malpractice insurance for CEO's.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
can everyone hold off posting directly from r's site again please. thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikki6278
I have to disagree with R for a change. I don't think Medicare Fraud has
a thing to do with physicians. It has everything to do with crooked CFO's and government. Physicians do not sign up patients (real or fake), employers and government entities do. Physicians just work their tale off to get paid very little by Medicare. The ones making the money are the corporate higher ups. This article gives very real figures.
salaries
I write the checks for the physicians and do the tax returns for the CEO's I can say without a doubt that the physicians are "earning" their pay.
There are more laws and regulations for physicians than CEO's. Think STARK, HIPAA, Anti-trust, etc.
Thers is plenty of crime in medicine, but it isn't at the Physician level.
Maybe the answer is malpractice insurance for CEO's.

based upon what my doctor friends tell me in private, I have to agree, it's not the doctors per se, it's the top tier of management. R's point is well taken however.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So were trying to start up a civil war in china eh?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
indian public roads alert - completion date in two years time -

India's New Rural Roads May Buffer Economy From World Recession

When the roads program is completed in two years, every village with 1,000 or more inhabitants will have access to all- weather roads, up from 40 percent when construction started in 2003. Spending on the project, run by the National Rural Roads Development Agency, was worth about 5 percent of gross domestic product when it was announced.

---------

they are learning the game quickly though -
as most of the westernised world has been outsourcing to india for a few years, indian companies are now going to outsource to other places -

Infosys Projects to Gain From Increased Outsourcing

Infosys Technologies Ltd., India's second-largest computer-services provider, will gain from an increase in outsourcing at large companies trying to reduce costs, Chief Executive Officer Kris Gopalakrishnan said.

Offshore services, or work done at overseas locations such as the Bangalore-based company's offices in India, will go up because they are "faster, cheaper and better,'' Gopalakrishnan said in a Bloomberg television interview in New Delhi today.

well, cheaper for sure - don't know about the other two as there's much truth in the saying 'when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys'

give it a few more years and they'll be outsourcing to america again as those desperate for (their old) jobs will work for any wage.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The king's men at work.........

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
"A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!"

--------------

China Passes Japan as Biggest U.S. Treasuries Holder

www.bloomberg.com...

China Passes Japan as Biggest U.S. Treasuries Holder (Update1)

By John Brinsley and Rebecca Christie

Nov. 18 (Bloomberg) -- China surpassed Japan in September to become the biggest foreign holder of U.S. Treasuries, as foreign investors sought the relative safety of government debt as stocks plunged 9.1 percent that month.

Total net purchases of long-term equities, notes and bonds increased a net $66.2 billion in September from $21 billion the previous month, the Treasury said today in Washington. Including short-term securities such as stock swaps, foreigners bought a net $143.4 billion, compared with net buying of $21.4 billion the month before.

China led all foreign official investors in September by posting a net increase in U.S. Treasuries for the sixth month in the past seven, bringing its total ownership close to $600 billion. Japan was a net seller of Treasuries for the fourth month in the past six.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by shermanium]

[edit on 18-11-2008 by shermanium]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
so I wanted to throw this out there....

wanna figure out a way to consolidate this thread and the one at glp...

i feel we have two sets of great minds, sometimes passing each other in the fog...

we need to get it together somehow.... I personally prefer the format here, and having the images here is key.... but im open to anything!

anyhoo... lets kick this one around for a few days and see what sticks.

Thanks everyone for posting and reading....

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join