It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Cops Get T-Shirts That Mock DNC Protesters!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
so you think police just randomly go around beating protestors for no reason?

or do you realize that maybe these protestors were also rioting and calling it "protesting"

funny I've protested numerous times and i've never had any trouble from the police, in fact they protected the protestors from people who hated us

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Again, as others have stated countlessly, the issue here is not with the officers RIGHTS to print / wear these, it's with the overall message they are sending. It epitomizes their contempt for the very populace THAT IS PAYING THEIR SALARIES, and WHO HAVE A RIGHT, UNDER THE CONSTITUTION, BY LAW to peacefully assemble and protest that which they don't agree with.

And when was the last PEACEFUL protest? When did anyone assemble PEACEFULLY and protest PEACEFULLY? They do have the right to assemble and protest...but NOWHERE in the constituation does it say you can act like a complete moron, destory stuff thats not yours, and not be held responsible for breaking the law. Funny, you use the constitution to make the police look bad...yet the idiots breaking the law don't have to follow the laws associated with it?????? Oh thats right...as long as you or they THINK what their doing actually matters, then its ok.

Some folks are just not getting this, and keep repeating the same redundant, non-relevant points to this.

Whats redundant, that some of the protesters broke the law and the cops did their jobs? That people are sick of watching people act worse then animals and think they can do whatever they want....but then when they finally get caught or someone disagrees then its cry foul....thats whats redundant...listening to people smash stuff, scream, wear masks, destory other peoples property they didn't pay for and all is well..then they get pepper sprayed and all of a sudden THEIR rights were violated...what about the rights of the store owners, people in traffic, the delegates, trying to get to their destination, etc....oh thats right, screw them...only YOU the out of control idiots have rights...its like watching a spoiled rich kid with a lawyer for a father...he will push push push and do whatever he wants hurting whoever he wants...then when someone pushes back he cries like the sissy he is and tells daddy so something happens to them but not to poor little him..

[edit on 10/2/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Did you even bother to watch the videos I posted a couple of pages back?

I will state, and ADMIT that I have seen the ones you posted, and am man enough to ADMIT that in SOME cases, they went overboard, and deserved to be detained. But in others, THEY DID NOT.

I can admit some cases deserved to be subject to detention, can you admit that others these people were denied their constitutional rights, and were NOT destroying anything?

I'm willing to bet you wont...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I already posted him a video showing peaceful protesters getting arrested. He didn't see it or didn't care to watch/respond.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well I went back and watched your vids. And here is my honest reply.

The first video is total BS. It was put together, edited and made by an obvious protester...NOT LIVE FOOTAGE. It was shown in a way to make them out to be such innocent people that how dare the cops do the things you see on the 6:00 clip. I bet you ANYTHING you want...we watch the footage thats UNEDITED..and that video shows the real reason they were being pushed back and sprayed.

Second video...even though we don't see ALL of what happend (typical..not of you DD of the poster of the original vid) I do disagree with the body check to the chick who was being annoying. She would of gotten on my nerves to I'm sure but there was no reason for him to check her like that, UNLESS she spit..which I didn't see her doing...and NO I am not making an excuse for him..just the move he made IF there was spitting involved...if NOT..no reason for it!

Third video...been there myself...I GUARANTEE you that he was asked more then once to move and like most cocky reporters it was:

officer: Ok you gotta move
reproter: ok give me a minute

officer: ok man, its time to go
reporter: ok, one second

officer: I told you, you have to move
reporter: ok, hold on

and that leads to what you just witnessed. Was I there, no, have I been there in my own situation with a reporter...YES...and I moved him physically to after asking him to move 5 or 6 times. If this WAS a case where he only asked once, then the officer jumped the gun and should have given him more time to leave, if not...then I don't feel bad for the guy except that the cop (not sure why) decided to cross the street with him.

As I said MANY...MANY videos show cops looking bad...but those videos oddly enough cut on just before the cops start doing something, or as your first video showed...its edited to show only certain things.

Again having worked many protests and arresting the goofballs, I or WE never arrested anyone protesting anything as long as they didn't break any laws or get out of hand.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I'm pretty sure I already posted him a video showing peaceful protesters getting arrested. He didn't see it or didn't care to watch/respond.

Respond to what, a video showing only a part of the whole situation. How do you respond to a PART of something. The only thing you showed was the removal of the protestors...NOT what was asked, done, needed, before hand.

You don't count to 10 by skipping 1 thru 7....they are a much needed part of the final outcome.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The reporter is standing on a PUBLIC sidewalk, there is NO LAW that prohibits him from doing so, nor is there any LAWFUL REASON why he HAD to move from it---Other than the officer involved barking at him to do so, "because he said so".

Sorry man, but I think you are dead wrong on that one.

But thanks for at least honestly stating that body checking was pretty harsh. I appreciate your honesty.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

officer: Ok you gotta move
reproter: ok give me a minute

officer: ok man, its time to go
reporter: ok, one second

officer: I told you, you have to move
reporter: ok, hold on

The point was....he doesn't "gotta move" anywhere. He was on a public sidewalk on a public street. You know, the ones OUR tax dollars pay for along with you salary. The goon roughed him up because he could.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thats actually not true. When there is something going on that allows the law to section off areas it IS illegal to be in that area. I have no idea what that clip was from...it could of been a crime scene, an entrance for something, etc...and if its taped or sectioned off by the police you have to move to another area. By not moving your asking for trouble. I'm sure had he simply moved a few feet down the sidewalk, all would of been well....

Now I will agree...if there was no reason for the sidewalk to be sectioned then there is no reason for him to be moved....but I don't know the situation there.

And thanks DD, I appreciate that!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

The point was....he doesn't "gotta move" anywhere. He was on a public sidewalk on a public street. You know, the ones OUR tax dollars pay for along with you salary. The goon roughed him up because he could.

Sorry but until I don't have to pay taxes JUST LIKE YOU, you can take that statement and do you know what with it. Its an old, I lost the argument/have nothing good to bring to the table approach so lets bring up taxes....cops pay taxes too!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Sorry but until I don't have to pay taxes JUST LIKE YOU, you can take that statement and do you know what with it. Its an old, I lost the argument/have nothing good to bring to the table approach so lets bring up taxes....cops pay taxes too

I lost nothing. Conceded nothing. And look upon you as a fascist sympathizer.

Keep justifying *snip* taking yer anger it out on some kid that weighs a buck twenty.

And I will keep justifying throwing rocks at them in return.

MOD Note: review this link: Terms and Conditions

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by semperfortis]

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Grafilthy]

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
After reading thru the nine pages of this thread, I have only two questions:

Where can I get that shirt?

Does it come in Large?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

In order to qualify for this shield of honor, you have to acquire enough blood of the innocent, collect the ears as proof of your victory. Once you have done this, and the moon is full, you can trade the ears for a shirt. If you collected ten or more you can apply for the academy, a grueling 20 minute multiple choice test combined with weeks of mock civilian beatings.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
a grueling 20 minute multiple choice test combined with weeks of mock civilian beatings.

What did Chief Wiggum say about being a cop? Something about, "It's not an overnight process. There's a solid weekend of training until you're a cop."

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

a grueling 20 minute multiple choice test combined with weeks of mock civilian beatings.

What did Chief Wiggum say about being a cop? Something about, "It's not an overnight process. There's a solid weekend of training until you're a cop."

And that's the problem with today's society and why everyone hates cops, they think stereotypes on TV (played for COMEDY) is true.

People are very, very naive.

Seriously, go outside of mom's basement more often and you might see that police officers are actually nice people who aren't fat and don't eat donuts every day.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealitySetsIn
And that's the problem with today's society and why everyone hates cops, they think stereotypes on TV (played for COMEDY) is true.

People are very, very naive.

Seriously, go outside of mom's basement more often and you might see that police officers are actually nice people who aren't fat and don't eat donuts every day.

You know, I was at the 7-11 today, and I noticed that they had a special on a Sense of Humor. You might want to invest in one.

And I enjoy living in your mom's basement.

You'll be surprised that if you actually did a bit of research on this board, you'd noticed that I'm one of the people who have plenty of respect for the police.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by rcwj75

My tax dollars also pay the salary of the police. In return, they are expected to keep the peace and protect the general public. When one idiot wearing a code pink shirt decides they do not need to adhere to the law, I full endorse the boys in blue bitch-slapping them. I feel good paying taxes at that point.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealitySetsIn

I have trained Sacramento County police officers combat tactics with the baton/club on more then one occasion.

I base all my opinions on real world experience.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrBedlam

My tax dollars also pay the salary of the police. In return, they are expected to keep the peace and protect the general public.

Precisely why we the People get upset when they don't. Well one of the reasons.

When one idiot wearing a code pink shirt decides they do not need to adhere to the law, I full endorse the boys in blue bitch-slapping them. I feel good paying taxes at that point.

And I wish I paid ATS taxes so I could complain about your lack of thoughtful contributions

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I have trained Sacramento County police officers combat tactics with the baton/club on more then one occasion.

I base all my opinions on real world experience.

Thats interesting...I see almost all of your posts bashing the police and law enforcement, yet you will take tax payers money to train the people you constantly put down? So either your full of it, or a hypocrite...so please help me understand.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join