It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Cops Get T-Shirts That Mock DNC Protesters!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Like I said in my response. Everyone has rights and everyone is infringing upon other's rights.

I want to wear a shirt of a horse having anal sex with a woman.

I'll bet if I were to wear that shirt on a street corner it wouldn't be long before someone was offended and a police officer would be coercing me to turn the shirt inside out. Even though I'm in public domain and it's my right as an American citizen to wear it.

Sure, you can stick to the laws line by line ... but try to use those rights in real life. See how long you get to wear that shirt on the outside before, after all your protest and exclamations that it's your right, you end up being hauled off to jail for non-compliance. And, who do you think the judge will side with - an unruly citizen or a law enforcement officer?

OK, now put that shirt on a cop. What happens? Nothing, because there's no FBI agent to call and say "This officer's shirt is offending me ... make him turn it inside out.".

[edit on 1-10-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Personally, I find it hilarious. Clever.

It's worth noting that I'm no huge fan of the police nor am I particularly right-wing.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Found a pic of the t-shirt in question..

[edit on 2008-10-2 by primamateria]

[edit on 2008-10-2 by primamateria]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

Looks like the cops policed that post!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

yeah for some reason took a bit to get that working. had to put it up on imageshack

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

Thanks for posting it!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Be intetesting to see what how cops wearing this get treated in public, especially as the t-shirt has a sadistic looking cop overlooking the whole city!

The only specific reference to what sort of crowds they can't wait to beat is the 'DNC 2008' which at a glance is slightly overshadowed by the rest of the writing.

In fact it is quite easy to see that really the cops just can't wait to beat ANY crowd, so everyone should be scared by this shirt, especially those who have families and friends that like to go out to public events!

Read between the lines people! It says CROWDS, not protesters or activists or anyone sort of person, it basically means everyone!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
In fact it is so over the top that you could almost imagine protesters wearing it to make a comment about how the cops see them. double reverse irony maybe? cointelpro anyone?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
You are obviously CLUELESS as to what actually occurred there. Not only were hundreds of people arrested WHO DESTROYED NOTHING,

Poor lil' guy .. being snotty when in fact you are the one who is wrong.
Sad. Very sad.

People DID destroy property. People DID break the law.
People protested in places that it was ILLEGAL to do so.
People did NOT follow what the police called them to do.

Those arrested have only themselves to blame.
Those who back anarchists who behave illegally are pathetic.
Those who back people who break the law are sad enablers.

ON TOPIC - the police have every right to wear whatever they want while they are off duty. They have a right to be in poor taste if they wish. IT'S THEIR RIGHT. Period.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Please refrain from personally attacking other members. That is not the ATS way. Everyone is capable of stating their opinions in a civil manner.

Adherence to this request is expected.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You are obviously CLUELESS as to what actually occurred there. Not only were hundreds of people arrested WHO DESTROYED NOTHING,

Poor lil' guy .. being snotty when in fact you are the one who is wrong.
Sad. Very sad.

Those who back anarchists who behave illegally are pathetic.
Those who back people who break the law are sad enablers.

ON TOPIC - the police have every right to wear whatever they want while they are off duty. They have a right to be in poor taste if they wish. IT'S THEIR RIGHT. Period.

Members must conduct their private and professional lives in such a manner as to avoid bringing discredit upon themselves, the department, or the community. The community must regard them as examples of honesty, stability, fidelity, and morality.

Members must not conduct themselves in a manner which might be construed by the community as immoral, indecent, or unprofessional.
Police Chief Sonya Proctor

What you fail to see is that cops are the people who the community looks up to. They must always act in a professional manner and must always be helpful. This shirt is violent and it goes against their morals and ethics.

Oh one more thing, can you provide me with the evidence where those protesters destroyed objects? There is barely any articles on this subject, so I would like to see your source. Thanks.

FYI, those people have the right to be there. They are on a public property which the taxpayers pay for. Not the government, not the police, not the pair of birds I have in the cage, but the PEOPLE!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

If there were people that destroyed property they did break the law, and should be arrested, however the people that destroyed property should be the ONLY ones arrested. There also should not have been any unnecessary force involved in the arrests of these people.

The only way that people protested in places where it was illegal to do so was if they protested on private property.

As long as people were not doing anything illegal they did not have to blindly follow the orders given to them by police, this has not yet become a totalitarian country, although it looks like this is exactly the direction that our government (as well as some members on this board) wants this country to head.

Those that were ACTUALLY GUILTY of an actual crime have only their selves to blame.

You are right the police have every right to wear whatever they want. The issue is not with their right to wear the shirt, rather with the message that the shirt sends to the American public, also with what it says about the mentality of any officer that would wear that shirt, and a police department that condones that shirt.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is for the "they did nothing wrong" / "they didn't cause any problems" / "they were unjustly arrested for nothing" / and all the other BS this thread has come up with. Tell me why THESE videos were not shown, posted, talked about...wait I know why...ATS is filled with people who are JUST like the media...only one sided, bias and unable to see that there ARE scumbags out there that we as police HAVE to "beat down" sometimes.

First video: Oh look...these peaceful protesters are making their point in such an innocent and NON-Violent way...

Second video: Police Officer trying to arrest a resisting scumbag...and look how the peaceful protesters respond...I mean I can see they are there to make a point and NOT cause problems...

Third video: Oh and then there are the protesters who are so proud to stand up and fight for their "rights" and be so brave and bold....I mean look at them..they want people to know they are the ones who are making a difference in this country...oh and wait...one other thing...the last guy on this video says all thats needed to be said about the protesting, liberal, police state types...listen carefully...if you don't catch it please tell me and i will be GLAD to point out how much of a hypocrite he is!

Forth video: Wow...look at this...people laying in the street blocking traffic...thats illegal..but guess what...NOT ARRESTED....people in a parked car handcuffed to it blocking traffic...thats illegal....guess what NOT ARRESTED....Others blocking intersections and being idiots...NOT ARRESTED....guess what...protesting is NOT doing whatever the hell you want, where you want, how you want....and NOT being responsible for those actions...but thats what its come to for some..and thank god we clean it up!

To those of you who protest the RIGHT way...I hope you continue and I hope you are the ones who realize that nothing you say or do will ever make a difference when you allow this activity to go on...and then blame the cops! Sorry..cops didnt break windows, destory property, flip carts, throw rocks, etc....cops did what they were supposed to...REACTED to what they recieved.

Just thought I would share these since other members decided to show videos making the cops out to be the ONLY bad guys...go figure..don't tell the whole story..only the side that you like...

[edit on 10/2/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I was at WTO. I was attacked by the same thugs you so readily defend.
I walked out of my house and looked around the corner.....One of these pigs ran up the block just to spray pepper spray in my face from 20' away. Unprovoked. By doing this they (cops) made an enemy for life.

I will never surrender. I will never cooperate. I will not sympathize.

I have known good cops, that's what sucks so bad......Guy's like these ruin the reputation of the good guys who really do have our best interest in mind.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
I walked out of my house and looked around the corner.....One of these pigs ran up the block just to spray pepper spray in my face from 20' away. Unprovoked. By doing this they (cops) made an enemy for life.

I have known good cops, that's what sucks so bad......Guy's like these ruin the reputation of the good guys who really do have our best interest in mind.

Its interesting...in my 6 years as an LEO I never seen or did what you and MANY proclaim...just being attacked for NO reason. NEVER...I have seen people who were with OTHERS who were trouble and raising hell and got caught up in the fight...but I guess that means you need new friends. Sorry but I do not, and WILL not buy that a majority of cops just walk up and beat someones --- just for fun without some kind of physical or verbal action first. Now has it happened, I am sure...but I'm also sure that officer is no longer one and the "victim" was compensated.

And lastly...it works both ways, as many of the ATS members like to point out. There is and was NO reason for ANY protestors to cause this much trouble and damage...but they did it..UNPREVOKED...sooo...they to created an enemy for life...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by rcwj75

wow a police officer just ran up to you and sprayed you. Why would that be? If he did it for no reason suggest hiring lawyer and sue the city. If your story is bogus which I suspect is the case the police had cameras all over them funny how no one has filed a suit against the police if they acted inappropriately I would.

[edit on 10/2/08 by dragonridr]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

wow a police officer just ran up to you and sprayed you. Why would that be? If he did it for no reason suggest hiring lawyer and sue the city. If your story is bogus which I suspect is the case the police had cameras all over them funny how no one has filed a suit against the police if they acted inappropriately I would.

Thanks for calling me a liar. I really appreciate it.

There were plenty of cameras. They even just made a movie starring Charlize Theron......so someone I would guess has already seen the footage.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Denver Cops Get T-Shirts That Mock DNC Protesters!

rawstory.com

Denver's police union is facing criticism for printing a commemorative T-shirt that makes light of the use of violence by police, particularly in the wake of 154 arrests during the week of Democratic National Convention this past August.

"We get up early, to beat the crowds," the shirt reads, followed by "2008 DNC." The words flank a grinning police officer holding a baton and wearing a hat with a crossed-out number "68," presumably making reference to activist organization Recreate 68, which staged several anti-war demonstrations during the convention.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Wow, that's classy. Glad to know they're here to protect and serve us.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Freedom of Speech works both ways!

"We get up early to beat the crowds"

Classic!

haha yes, it's hilarious. more of these lame protesters should be beat!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RealitySetsIn

Indeed! Since WE ALL KNOW there is nothing that ANYBODY should be protesting right now---Everything is going so awesome, how dare these cretins complain, right? Remove their rights completely, and bow down to the fascist Police State! Who cares about that outdated little piece of paper called the constitution? (end sarcasm).

Again, as others have stated countlessly, the issue here is not with the officers RIGHTS to print / wear these, it's with the overall message they are sending. It epitomizes their contempt for the very populace THAT IS PAYING THEIR SALARIES, and WHO HAVE A RIGHT, UNDER THE CONSTITUTION, BY LAW to peacefully assemble and protest that which they don't agree with. Some folks are just not getting this, and keep repeating the same redundant, non-relevant points to this.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join