It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Cops Get T-Shirts That Mock DNC Protesters!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You are obviously CLUELESS as to what actually occurred there. Not only were hundreds of people arrested WHO DESTROYED NOTHING, but the press was manhandled and arrested as well, for trying to investigate politicians meeting up with their big donors. Go back and do your homework before chiming in with completely INANE comments that, as I said, are nothing more than fairy tales. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yes! Watch as these ever-dangerous protesters DESTROY PROPERTY!

Or how about this ultra dangerous female protester! Maybe she was one of the one's "doing drugs or drinking? Surely she deserved the crushing blow that knocked her out by this HERO!

Or my favorite, the thuggery and mugging of an ABC News producer for filming crooked politicians meeting with their big donors---Now suddenly the sidewalk becomes 'private property' as these fascist goons make up their own laws and push this guy out in the street, then choke him, chicken-wing him and haul him off for exercising his constitutional right of a supposedly 'Free' Press:

Yep, looks like a bunch of violent, drug-using, property destroying offenders to me!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well that's all the proof I need. Send them all to the Hippie-Liberal-Anarchy-Extermination Camp. And then kick the teeth out of anyone that might have been tainted by their liberal witchcraft.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

And with that......

You just made my friends list (even though you left out pinko commie).

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Ok again, I have said this in so many threads it's getting ridiculous. ATS is a website, a private company, as a private company they may impose rules of conduct.

As far as this privately owned website goes you don't have total freedom of speech.

The police on the streets of America however do, and you would have the same rights to print and wear your T shirt as they would. That is on the streets of America, not on a privately owned website like ATS.

Your T Shirt while in poor taste worn on the streets of the United States could not be infringed against, however in a school, or on this website, that same article of clothing is not protected under the first amendment as these places are privately owned and the rights of those places trump your personal right to free speech.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Good lord how could I forget the bloody commies!

I see the light! I just had to wipe the liberal off my eyes.

Hopefully after this is all done and said, the People will wake up and just stop protesting altogether and finally just accept everything the way it is. What a glorious society it would be if we just did everything our masters asked us to do.

Oh wait... we kind of have to, since even our protectors beat us up. I guess it's all working out afterall then.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Im not saying that the police weren't doing anything wrong during this protest, I am upholding their constitutionally protected right to freedom of speech. (the T shirts, remeber?) The freedom of speech of the protesters apparently was violated, the way to protect that right is to sue those that sought to deny them of their right to freedom of speech.

You have to file lawsuits in order to protect your rights to your constitutionally protected freedoms when those freedoms are violated. It's the way the system is set up.

It's the only way to punish the police for their wrongdoing in this matter.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Personally I would not be upset at all about the police officers wearing these shirts, if it were just a trivial matter. It's not man.

Underneath this joke is a very serious and legitimate problem. The abuse of power, unjustified brutalities, and infringement on our liberties, is not exclusive to one department in a particular state. It's nation-wide, rampant, and on the rise. Instead of apologizing, or even better, changing their ways, they wear shirts which essentially say "Yes we aware of what we are doing, we don't care, and we will do it again".

Hell, I buy most of my T-Shirts from tshirthell.com
I fully embrace humor and the freedom of self-expression. This is not an individual statement from and individual officer. It's a declaration from the police department.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
after listening to the idiot that helped organize the protest on the radio one night... i now find that shirt to be one of the most hilarious things ever

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Wow, how can I get one of those t-shirts.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I understand the problem I have given a solution to that problem. In fact the T shirts would be clear evidence of premeditation and malice in this act. In fact the T shirts are an admission of guilt by any officer in ownership of one.

Sue them to protect your rights. Maybe they won't be so quick to beat down on citizens the next time.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369

all those ultra-liberal extremist groups and many who aren't ultra liberal - are the only fascists, here.

So the ultra liberal and the not-so-liberal: so basically anyone that is a liberal is a fascist to you. So then, you must be one of those crazy far righters!??

So, basically ALL extremist groups. Hence, just like I said, it doesn't matter if they're liberal or not. If they're extremist, it's probably not good. Stop trying to put a spin on my words.

The far left activists and violence go hand-in-hand.

But you, being very non-liberal, are opposed to that kind of senseless violence right?...

I'm always opposed to "senseless" violence. Violence needs to be warranted. When a bunch of extremist psychopaths violently protest, then using violence to subdue them is perfectly fine. Do you disagree that violence is sometimes necessary, especially to counteract violence?

Some people need to get their teeth knocked out. Those "activists" are examples of people who deserve to have a lifetime of Polidenting their dentures.

Nice.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. A big problem with our society is that there is no discipline. Everyone needs their ass kicked once in their life. Sometimes a few times. It keeps you in line.

I'll never understand how far left groups are so anti-establishment, anti-law and anti-government. When you're for the far left, you're for increased government, more laws, etc.

How can you not 'understand' and at the same time call yourself a 'political educator'?

I never called myself a political educator. What I don't understand is the circular logic that makes up a liberal's though process. That's why I'm not liberal. I'm a logical thinker and I try not to let my emotions cloud my judgment. Nearly two thirds of the USA don't understand liberals, either. That's why nearly 2/3 of the country classifies themselves as conservative or somewhat conservative.

Nice umbrella leftists stereotypes too. Very original.

Glad I could help better your understanding.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetRevenge
Stop being crybabies and suck it up, people wear offensive clothing all the time, why should the Denver police be referred to as 'Gestapo' for doing the same?

Because they actually are abusing their power and they actually are getting away with it. The shirt is just a symbolic reminder of that.

...Yeah,all we need to do is look it how cops like to react to people who may have boxers sticking from there pants,choke slamming them to the ground ect ect... And than people get angry when "upstanding citizen protectors" get called out for proclaiming glee over violence created by them, loudly upon there shirt...Meanwhile boxers and "colors" worn by "coloreds" are criminal offence...LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
As long as we keep our focus on whether the Cops have the right to wear a stupid t-shirt we wont focus on all the atrocities they are committing in the name of the Patriot Act.

Any Congress Man or Women who voted for the final destruction of our Constitution by way of the Patriot Act should be put in prison, that includes anyone who wasn't in Congress but proposed this blatant act of Martial Law.

I am so sick and tired of Number 1: Those who continue to defend the "MEN IN BLUE" to the end just to save face. Number 2: Seeing the looks on these so called Officers who look like they have no feelings at all in what there doing. Number 3: The innocent people who continue to be lumped into the people who are actually causing trouble BECAUSE THE BRAINED WASHED SUPER COPS CANT SEE THE DAMN DIFFERENCE.

Please, those who defend these actions, I BEG YOU TO PLEASE, have some kind of explanation for the video where the SO CALLED COP pushes the reporter/innocent bystander/cant really tell, into the street than proceeds to tell him HES IMPEDING TRAFFIC?????????????????? This is getting out of control.

The other thing I noticed is I have seen the video of the massive arrest for the RNC convention but have not seen the one for the DNC convention. Interesting that both were almost the same type of protest, mostly Young informed individuals. The only difference I saw was that one was in a confined area with skyscrapers a much easier avenue to corral the EVIL DOOERS (aka. THE VIOLENT PROTESTORS).

Give me a freaking break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP AMERICA AND TAKE YOUR COUNTRY BACK...............

[edit on 30-9-2008 by hoochymama]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The issue isn't whether the cops should or have free speech, the issue is the implication of what the shirt says.

Basically the cops are openly admitting their purpose is not to keep peace but to use violence to silence people.

As someone who was heavily involved in 'protests' at one time (stop the city/anti-fur/vivisection/CND etc...) I can tell you from personal experience that the cops deliberately create trouble in order to arrest as many people as they can. They want you in their data-base, especially if you are considered an undesirable, as you are when you protest, violently or not.

I've seen people beaten for NO reason with their clubs, from horseback.
I've been in outright riots with cops and I can promise you it wasn't the protesters that started it. Unless you consider our right to voice our grievance with government, and acting on that as 'starting it'.
If so it was started a looooong time ago, and why should it stop because a few apathetic, blinkered sheep, are happy in their slavery?

Edit; oh BTW that was in the 80's, nothing much has changed really has it? Except they've got so arrogant they don't even try to hide it anymore, they flaunt it!

If you are not prepared to act, then you are already dead. We want to create, they just want to destroy.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This reinfofces my whole view..that if you in tha gang its a ok to act like this, but if your not ..then %^*^ em

Thank you for bringing this to the table .........you do a lot of work here it hasnt gone unoticed

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

reply to post by whatukno

The abuse of power, unjustified brutalities, and infringement on our liberties, is not exclusive to one department in a particular state. It's nation-wide, rampant, and on the rise. Instead of apologizing, or even better, changing their ways, they wear shirts which essentially say "Yes we aware of what we are doing, we don't care, and we will do it again".
[edit on 30-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

The fear of police is called Policophobia. Here is a website containing a 25-step program for you to get over your fear of someone who puts his life on the line daily to protect your right to bad mouth him. www.ehow.com...

“Me thinks he doth protest too much.” -Willy Shakespeare

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DrBedlam

Is that seriously your best response to my posts?

Use your mind doc. Post your progress.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DrBedlam

So, let me get this straight. Are you agreeing with this t-shirt or just arguing for the sake of it?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join