It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Cops Get T-Shirts That Mock DNC Protesters!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

First off I'd never be on "your side", I've seen too many things that are far too grievous. I'm not saying that there isn't any good cops out there.

But think about this, you seem to be in the thick of the craziness that is going on and having difficulty seeing the other side of it. Of course cops have emotions, to think otherwise would be silly. It's the obvious emotional problems that a lot of officers have that people have issue with. You say that your selective to how you service a person based on your perception of that person. Innocent until proven guilty or guilty until proven innocent?

That is a clear concern that just validates my "assumptions". This is the problem that we have this day in age. Yes sometimes people are brought up to believe certain things but I've never been one to assume. I come from a white, middle upper class neighborhood so where have I gotten this perception from? It would have to be my experiences, first hand experiences.

I've been in my friends car who happens to be black, get pulled over, pulled out of his own car, have his car search, my self searched, my friend put in back of the police car, questioned. We were pulled over on suspicion. When I started to question the officer he to put me in the back of the car. So yes I have reasons and first hand experiences. Just like your views that protesters and other long haired folks are "scum". There is a popular belief from what we have observed and gone through.

I do understand how horrible the general public can be, I've been yelled at, had things thrown at me, ect but you don't see me clubbing someone across the head (even though it's surely crossed my mind). The fact of the matter is I'd get arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.

All I'm saying is the standard should be the same. So honestly the distrust with the police is far reaching, exceeds racial barriers, and is common place hints why your job is so difficult.

There is a huge rift that most of the time isn't even attempted to be repaired. Until then expect more hostile people towards your types because there is such distrust. That's the best way I can explain it.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by oconnection]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well it is not that funny, but it is pretty "in your face". Cops hate "people". Esp left wing "people".

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
You got to love that gov thug brigade.
Above the law and proud of it! They would do well to read up on what happened to the Stasi in East Germany.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I am always amazed how criminals(police in this case), want there freedoms, to do this, while they sh#t on everyone elses freedoms.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by RRconservative

Yes! Be proud to violate your oaths to serve the people! Just like the fascists running our nation! It's so funny to watch the civilian peons rights go down the toilet day by day! Hardy-har-har...

So, the police would have been doing their jobs by letting stoned masses of protesters destroy everything in their path. yeah, that makes perfect sense to me!

reply to post by andy1033

I am always amazed how criminals(police in this case), want there freedoms, to do this, while they sh#t on everyone elses freedoms.

You might be surprised by this, but you have no right to destroy property or hurt people, just to make a statement.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Frankly, I think the shirt design is rather ugly and wouldn't wear it. Who'd willfully wanna be likened to the rediculous looking oaf on the shirt and parade the fact that the thing that sticks out in the police mind is the beating of crowds. Not fighting injustice...not protecting and serving citizens or upholding their constitutional rights...beating crowds of people...like that is something to be proud of. How sad and pathetic.
The only concession I could offer(to be fair) is that any idea of recreating the negative effects and senseless destruction that happened in 68 would have been misguided and taken away from the message, so I can understand opposition to the recreate 68 deal in that regard.

I guess you gotta toss em a bone for something, eh? I mean, if you're gonna sell your soul to the corrupt policies undermining our constitutional rights that you military folks are so kind to never let us pacifist patriots forget you've made so many sacrifices to protect...you might as well get a t-shirt outta the deal to remind you of what is really important in life while your actual rights are eroded from beneath all of our feet.

Maybe the reason people are so reluctant to blindly support soldiers, officers and the like is because some of you guys aren't qualified for the position and actually serve to undermine any respect you mighta had out in the world by blatantly disrespecting the laws you were sworn to uphold.

But I digress. That battle will never end between the pacifist's self-righteousness and the warrior's bitterness. The fact of the matter is that we are worlds apart and are kept that way for a reason.
Just wait'll you come home from your battles and find out how few rights we've got left and how many were taken away while you were out fighting the good fight.

Go team america.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

What do you expect, we have a for the people elected government that is mocking the will of the people that is supposed to protect and serve so now you have officials at state level following the example.

Welcome to the face of a fascist America

And people better don't come back complaining later that we here in ATS didn't warn them about this and many other issues that are becoming a reality due to the inaction of the population.

This T-shirts are to show the people to take their place or else.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
lol.

That is a funny t-shirt.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
These cops are allowed to wear those t-shirts in public...yet I heard a boy got kicked off his airplane for a Megatron shirt. That is the biggest bull crap I have ever heard of in my life. Trust me, I have heard of some pretty big bull crap.

There are some good cops out there. See the problem is the good cops don't want to "snitch" on their mates because they will get looked down upon in the precinct. This makes the good cops bad as well.

They are supposed to be leading by example. Some people actually look up to the police forces and eventually all the hypocrisies will come out.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by RRconservative

Yes! Be proud to violate your oaths to serve the people! Just like the fascists running our nation! It's so funny to watch the civilian peons rights go down the toilet day by day! Hardy-har-har...

So, the police would have been doing their jobs by letting stoned masses of protesters destroy everything in their path. yeah, that makes perfect sense to me!

reply to post by andy1033

You might be surprised by this, but you have no right to destroy property or hurt people, just to make a statement.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Dronetek]

Your suggesting the masses are stoned and destroy everything in their paths. Do you have any proof every person who is protesting is stoned? Should cops start busting out the mace every time they suspect a teenager is smoking weed? Do you have any DNA samples from these protests?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
These cops are allowed to wear those t-shirts in public...yet I heard a boy got kicked off his airplane for a Megatron shirt. That is the biggest bull crap I have ever heard of in my life. Trust me, I have heard of some pretty big bull crap.

Public... and Private. So no really "bull crap" is it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
"Stoned" protestors? As in high on Marijuana?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Here are the effects of marijuana on someone: They want to sit around and do nothing, eat junk food, and laugh at stupid stuff. If they happen to drive while stoned, they drive like an old lady going to church. SLOOOOOW.

I have known a few people that liked to smoke pot. They were, generally speaking, too lazy to get off the couch, let alone attend a protest.

As further proof, what did the dope-smoking hippies of the 60s have? Protests where they marched? No, they had SIT-INS!

It's stuff like this that ensures the police force are going to be the first ones to bear the brunt of the revolution. Sad for them.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Reply To Post By rcwj75

On one hand you say that people are no longer grateful for their rights, and that they no longer know and respect where their rights come from and who was to thank for them.

On the other hand you say that because we have it better here in this country than people in other countries,that we have no room to gripe. Yes that is a slap in the face of the people that have faught, are still fighting, were wounded and died to give us and protect that very right. Our right to gripe is one of the things that this country was founded on. As a police officer, someone that took an oath to uphold and protect the constitution, for you to say that is wrong on so many levels.

You're upset about society today and what criminals like child molesters are allowed to get away with, but you make no mention of the government that allows this to go on, instead you seem to blame only the citizens. the government makes and enforces the laws yet you seem to have no problem with their role in it.

IMO if the government wasn't locking up so many people for weed they would have room for the child molesters, rapists, etc to be in prison where they belong. If they didn't have the police force spending so much of their time on this "war on drugs" they would be able to spend more time preventing more heinous crimes.

I understand the things that you see in your line of work every day. I am going to say the same thing that i have said before. It is unrealistic for our government to believe that police officers can deal with the things that they see on a daily basis. They deal with the worst side of human nature, with the most extreme violence, they see things that the average person can't even fathom. They need to come up with something that helps the police deal with what they see while on the job. Maybe mandatory counseling once a week, i don't know exactly what, but they need to do something.

Hey personally i'd love to see a rapist, or child molester get the crap beat out of them. But it is not your job to do that, your job is to keep the peace, in fact it would be your job to stop a citizen from doing that to him, whether you though it was justified or not. We can not allow the police to become judge, jury, and executioner, if we do they will no longer be police officers but vigilantes.

I don't have to come to your sociatal side of the fence, i live there. Trust me i know about the gangs running wild, i live in Chicago. 30 years ago one of my friends took a bullet in the head and died because some bangers wanted to do a driveby, she lost her life due to the actions of gangs. I have seen two of my sons friends lose their lives due to drivebys, another gunned down while sitting in the car with his girlfriend because the guy couldn't handle the fact that he called the police on him. I have seen way more, but i know it doesn't compare to what the police see everyday. Honestly i couldn't be a cop because i know that there is a very real possibility that if i had to deal with rapists, child molesters, child murderers that i just may put a bullet in their head.

The whole thing is that we can not allow the police to be above the law that they took an oath to uphold. If we do that then we are no better than the criminals. The minute that you as a police officer place yourself above the law then you have become a criminal. If your job has caused you to become so jaded then maybe you should not be in that profession, or take desk duty for awhile, give yourself a break.

Edited to say who i was replying to as i hit post instead of reply.

[edit on 29/9/08 by chise61]

[edit on 29/9/08 by chise61]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
.but as someone who has been in a few 3rd world countries where speaking your mind (even in private) will get your family raped, burned, shot and you get your tongue cut out...people really need to stop crying over NOTHING!!!

You see,there is the problem.
As soon as anyone protests their rights,someone comes along and tries to tell you how much worse it is elsewhere.

"Yeah?? So I whacked this guy out and broke his skull open with my truncheon..so what?? During the second world war,Hitler... etc etc etc etc...."

You get my point?.Fascism has to have a starting point.
It's supposed to be criminals that commit crimes,not civil servants.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Originally posted by johnsky

Tell me...
Why do you hide your name?

My name isn't hidden.

rcwj75 is your name?

Your parents must have really hated you.

My point was they hide their faces for the same reason most of us here on ATS don't use our real names in our aliases.

I don't hide my name in my alias, but that's my decision.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I just went down to the local print-shop and ordered a t-shirt with a graphic that makes fun of the Denver police making fun of the DNC protesters. It's a bunch of pigs in a pigpen, wearing these T-shirts pointing and laughing at Benjamin Franklin, who is the farmer and pig's owner.

I win.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
No usually I can be a little disscerning about things. Like medical jokes and most law enforcement humor (having been involved with both facets). But this shirt has even ME scratching my head and saying: "What were they thinking!?!"This makes no sense to me. This is blatent and unnessisary.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

rcwj75 is your name?

Your parents must have really hated you.

Actually he is a NWO bot, no real person on the other side of the screen, just a program that regurgitates lies, deflects, dances around issues, doesn't tackle things he/it can't rebut.

Someone should may a shirt that says, "I WAKE-UP JUST TO LAY THE SMACK DOWN ON COPS", lets see what happens then. I bet that person would probably get thrown in jail or some bs.

Hey cops, guess what, if I ever see any of you wearing the shirts disgust by the OP, I'll place you under citizens arrest, I'll beat you down while I'm doing it too.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Anyone who can see past faux news understands that there has been pressure on cops for years to distance themselves from the public. They are being conditioned to regard us as dangerous scum so they will do the bidding of the "authorities" without suffering qualms of conscience.

Back around '69, '70, when I was protesting against the Vietnam War, the cops lining the streets were often smiling. They wore their short-sleeved blue shirts with pride, and felt no need for guns and armour. Often the girls marching would bring extra food and drinks, and we always shared these with the coppers too, and they even got hugs and kisses.

Btw, this was Melbourne, Australia.

We had agent provocateurs as well, but they were not so many in those days, so we could form human shields around them, preventing them from doing harm.

The change in society is not accidental, and it is not because the basic nature of people has changed. The change has been carefully orchestrated by governments who know that people who love each other can stand up to anything, but people who hate/fear each other are easy to control.

The next time you see a situation divided into polarities with no middle ground on which to stand, ask yourself whose interests this polarisation of society serves.

Life is not a baseball game.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sadly, I believe there is no real legal reason to block someone from wearing this shirt. In the end. that is all it is, a shirt.

I take some solace in the fact that it is a form of self-disclosure, making it easy for me to avoid those who would enjoy wearing them.

Those who have been punished for dissent, civil disobedience, and peaceful protest know how indefensible some of their actions were. Those who refuse to accept the innocence before guilt maxim will not be convinced.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join