It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Cops Get T-Shirts That Mock DNC Protesters!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
MLK and his listeners weren't rounded up by the hundreds, beaten down, and mass arrested for listening to him. They were cordoned off sure, and a few unruly people got arrested... but back then when the few became aggravated, the police didn't attempt to arrest EVERYONE.
The independent press and cameramen recording him also didn't have to put up with being tackled to the ground back then either.

Ok and where did that happen in recent time? Where did all the protestors get bunched up and ALL arrested...please share. I saw the unruly ones get arrested and the rest left alone...so your argument is???

Son. You go and try to rally peacefully in today's day and age. The look on your face will be priceless when you get tackled and arrested regardless of being peaceful.

LOL...funny I have worked over a dozen protests. Some with as few as 100 people and some with over 5000 people...and at NO time did anyone NOT breaking the law get tackled and arrested. Oh wait, the one kid (24) who threw 3 beer bottles and sent a cop to the hospital that he hit in the face did get tackles, got his --- kicked and got locked up....but as I said..the problem with that is??????????/

And your comment about how they look? You're seriously judging fashion at a protest?

Okay... when you get tackled... make sure you're wearing your finest 3 piece suit. It will look great torn up with blood stains.

Their fashion has nothing to do with it...the masks over their face, their age and their ACTIONS is what I was speaking of...but of course you don't notice the IMPORTANT things like that. It tells you all you need to know about some of the protestors...like they have NO IDEA what they are whining about, and just making the TRUE protestors look foolish...and thats to bad, because I know there were some genuine people there wanting to make a point.

Seriously man... I like people being idealistic, it shows innocence still exists... but when it gets to be naive, you should be asking those you disagree with WHY. You'll find out why there's no point in ridiculing them.

Idealistic does show something about people...masks over your face acting out and causing problems does not. And ask them...ask someone who doesn't have the piece of mind to act right...yeah they would be fun to talk to....

[edit on 9/28/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You lose freedom of speech when you are at work. This is especially true when you are a government worker in a position of servitude towards the people. Let me cite an example:

If a Jewish member of the local government at St. Paul said: "Those Republicans were jerks. I'm glad we killed their savior", that would be inappropriate.

While he shouldn't go to jail, because of freedom of speech which works both ways, he should lose his job. Not just for saying something stupid, but because he's clearly an idiot.

I believe the same can be said for these police officers. They are idiots. And I know you have to be of fairly low intelligence to get into the police force, but I believe the person in charge of them should at least have some intelligence.

So while I don't believe firing the whole force would be in order, since they were too dumb to understand, firing their bosses would fit perfectly.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Im wondering where your "working" your protests. Considering your response as far as the amount of people, masks over there heads, beer bottles, etc. it can't possibly be our "wimpy" population here in the US????

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Tell me...
Why do you hide your name?

My name isn't hidden...its actually public record in my line of work. Nothing to hide...as you put it.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Im wondering where your "working" your protests. Considering your response as far as the amount of people, masks over there heads, beer bottles, etc. it can't possibly be our "wimpy" population here in the US????

That would be Atlanta...and "whimpy" if your going to QUOTE me...atleast quote me right.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Here's a video of just what you are asking:

Mass arrest of people sitting down doing nothing

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Looks like your a little on edge, as a typical Riot Policeman or whatever you do. I wasn't QUOTING YOU at all I am just a horribale speler. Besides that, don't think everyone is against you because of your line of work. I would hope you can make your own decisions as far as if a Protest is peaceful or not. Sometimes its not peaceful because of the powers that be above you which you HAVE to follow or you wont have a job.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
Speaking of bias look who's talking. Were you even there? I'm sure your such a bookie, Guns and Ammo doesn't count.

Was anyone on ATS there? DUH...I believe MOST if not all of us weren't there...so nice try, but you failed making that point!

I'm most likely wasting my breath on people like your self, you most likely lost all grounds when it comes to reality. Judging by your picture your in the military, work for law enforcement, or a security guard (wannabe cops).

LOL..make it personal if you want...but reality is what? Only the life in which you live or agree with..haha..nice..

I notice that you make not mention of the fact that hundred were round up in a park for doing NOTHING near the RNC.
video.google.com...

I'm sure it'll be more "Left Wing Communist Propaganda". Let the video speak for it self. If you can't see why most of the population distrusts police and the government I need not to say anymore. I guess you don't care unless your not receiving the beating.

If I recall, they were told they had to leave the area...they did not, not sure why they were told...i admit that..is it right..i will actually agree with you...no reason for them to have to leave...but when they activily refuse to leave IT WILL cause a problem. But keep in mind the real problem is the LAW and the LAW MAKERS who allow the politcal abuse use of local law enforcement....IMO

If we wore shirts around the city sayings, "We get up early, to beat the pigs", what kind of effect would that have on people with your own mindset?

Wouldn't matter to me any...unless your putting me or a fellow officer in danger...enjoy your shirt!

[edit on 9/29/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Looks like your a little on edge, as a typical Riot Policeman or whatever you do. I wasn't QUOTING YOU at all I am just a horribale speler. Besides that, don't think everyone is against you because of your line of work. I would hope you can make your own decisions as far as if a Protest is peaceful or not. Sometimes its not peaceful because of the powers that be above you which you HAVE to follow or you wont have a job.

Not at all mama...just misunderstood your intentions. I hate when people quote me and incluse in their quotes NOTHING i said...thats all.

I don't think everyones against me...even if they are, thats not my point. My point is that for as much as police/law enforcement does thing you dont like or that might be wrong, the general public/protestors are just as bad.

IMO people should be able to protest anytime anywhere and the cops shouldn't even have to show up...but lets face reality....people kill their own kids, burn down houses for fun, abuse others just to laugh, steal, rape, etc....so until PEOPLE can protest and NOT reek havoc...guess who will be there?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

"If I recall, they were told they had to leave the area...they did not, not sure why they were told...i admit that..is it right..i will actually agree with you...no reason for them to have to leave...but when they activily refuse to leave IT WILL cause a problem. But keep in mind the real problem is the LAW and the LAW MAKERS who allow the politcal abuse use of local law enforcement....IMO"

This whole response seems to me that you aren't really sure WHY these people were required to leave. In this same sentence you state "when they actively (seems we have the same spelling issues) refuse to leave IT WILL cause a problem". This is a huge issue in the current problem we have. These PEOPLE (mind you, they are US CITIZENS of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) were here for a FREE concert. This was a public place which has no bearing on why the RIOT POLICE/NATIONAL GUARD were there to ARREST EVERYONE.

Dont follow into the trap that most Policeman fall into. Dont follow just because you think you have to. We are in a different time now. Alot of this "macho police"/"Follow the code" type stuff came from the Mafia. Weren't the Men/Women in Blue totally against that type of thing????

[edit on 29-9-2008 by hoochymama]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I'm sorry but IMO any police officer that would wear that shirt, or doesn't find anything wrong with it is not a police officer, and is a big part of the problem.

That shirt depicts the mindset not of police officers, but rather the mindset of a power hungry facist. A true police officer that was an officer for the right reasons would be offended by what that shirt stands for and would not wear it. There are plenty of officers out there that do not promote violating peoples rights and try very hard to uphold the oath they took. Unfortunately those that have a mentality that approves of that shirt and what it stands for make all police officers look bad.

Why should those people have left, simply because the almighty, power hungry police force told them to ? What were they doing wrong ? They had every right to be there, they were a peaceful group. The only ones that were doing wrong were the police officers that ordered them to leave and arrested them. Their constitutional rights were violated and the officers that violated them should be the ones getting arrested.

That is where the problem comes in because it's not just people protesting, this has become a part of everyday life now. We are now expected to blindly follow any order given by the police regardless of wether we are doing anything wrong or not. That is called a police state, and that is why there is so much antagonism toward police now.

There was a time when the police were respected, now they are just feared and i'm sorry but people can not respect what they fear. And that is the fault of the police force, not the citizens.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
There was a time when the police were respected, now they are just feared and i'm sorry but people can not respect what they fear. And that is the fault of the police force, not the citizens.

And that time was back when society wasn't a cesspool and filled with as much worthless, unmoral, out of control scum who will take advantage of the RIGHTS in which you speak. Back then people were greatful for the rights they had, they worked to do their part in keeping them and respecting/knowing where those rights came from and WHO was to thank for them.....can you honestly say people of todays society do the same? We both know todays society takes advantage, uses and abuses, and has ZERO respect/appreciation for what they have.

As I said before, having been in countries where protesting/speaking your mind gets you shot, stabbed, hung, family killed/raped/burned etc...US citizens have no room to gripe...we have it good...DAMN GOOD!

[edit on 9/29/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Reminds me of a t-shirt I use to see at AAFES.

"Join the Army! Travel to exotic, distant lands.
Meet exciting, unusual people, and kill them."

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
[

BTW DD, there is no point in responding to RRConservative's posts, S/he's a mouthpiece for the ultra-conservative camp and rarely makes a valid argument.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by InSpiteOf]

My argument is that Free Speech works both ways. Would you consider this valid?

Or are you just in favor of speech you agree with?

thats a great argument!

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it," Voltaire/Evelyn Beatrice Hall

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Look, we could argue all day long and you seem to want to do so. What this will accomplish for you? Why even bother when 99% percent of people of the this board have good and just reasons to be extremely concerned with what's going on in this nation. You blame the population for the lack of respect for officers but never seem to take your end of it. I like to think of the situation with distrust with police much like a relationship that went wrong. It would be ignorant to blame entirely the other person for the relationship failing. Everyone knows in that kind of situation no one is completely innocent. The same could be said about the populace and the police. Yes I'll admit there are many times that members of the crowds do deserve to be arrested and in fact they are not helping there cause by the way the act. But don't come here and pretend your fellow officers are knights in shining armor and never fly off the loose end. If you can't see that then honestly I have nothing more to say to you and I must quickly ignore such people who aren't willing to be honest. What further concerns me is this attitude that yourself and a lot of law enforcement have these days that we are "out of control scum" yet never see anything wrong when you break the law and don't obey the constitution that your swore to protect. You sir are a disgrace to the force and should have your badge hastily taken away due to mental illness.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by oconnection]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Interesting...sounds to me like MANY ATS members do the same thing to law enforcement and government employees...but as long as its attacking them or people you guys don't like then its all of a sudden generalizing. Take your advice and start talking to those who bash cops EVERYday and have NO CLUE about them..just like you said.

Look buddy,

We all know you're a cop, you've admitted it, it is your profession. There's nothing innately wrong with this, despite the fact that you will likely act like im "picking on your profession" or "trying to discredit you" simply by stating the truth, that indeed, you're a police officer, or at least used to be.

And likewise, we all know (ATS membership) that in almost every thread that does take a critical line against police, whether the thread is in my opinion justifiable or not, you just about always are there, within the first set of replies, on page 1, passionately defending the cops, no matter the situation, no matter what they did or didn't know, no matter the evidence. In brutality threads you offer alternative explanations. In threads with video's you claim there was no sound or the "rule of confusion". When it is indefensible, you go on rants about how cops are doing so much for the people, while dotting the i's and crossing the t's with plenty of remarks and insults against left leaning victims such as protestors, or the person detained in a case of brutality or death in custody.

To put it simple, you need to expand your mind. The cops aren't always right, and the people are most obviously not always right. But there's a pretty healthy mix of the two and it goes both ways routinely. Your failure to see this, acknowledge this, and your attempts to generalize, slander, and insult people you don't even know as druggies, simply because they had the guts to come to a protest unarmed, whilst facing water cannons, gas, rubber bullets, tazers, and generally pig-headed officers itching to detain and abuse people is grotesque indeed.

ELIOT HUGHES knows first hand about the Denver police. They tied him to a chair after beating him and put a bag around his head to 'scare' him. He vomited in the bag. they wouldn't remove it for hours. I'm sure you get a kick out of that one, dont you ... you jaded, jaded fellow..

[edit on 9/29/2008 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

And that makes it right for the police (who's motto is to serve and protect) to run around acting like a bunch of goons ?

What is sad is the fact that the majority of the police force has allowed themselves to fall for the elitest propoganda that "the people" are now the enemy, nothing more than a bunch of lawless, immoral, "scum" that you must rid the world of, and you have become nothing more than their hired thugs to do their dirty work for them.

People are still grateful for the rights that they have, and many still do their part in keeping them. The problem is that many have woken up and realized how many of our rights were stripped away from us while we were asleep.

Yes i can honestly say that many people of todays society do the same.

And there lies the problem ! That attitude of Americans have it damn good compared to other countries. People in other countries don't have half the rights that we do, so shut up and don't complain ! It is exactly that attitude right there that is a big part of the reason that we are where we are today, why we have lost many rights.

Well let me refresh your memory, this is not some third world country, this is not any other country, this is The United States Of America. We have room to gripe all we want, we have a constitution that gives every American citizen the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to gripe.

I know where my rights came from. They came from our forefathers that founded this once great nation, and the many that died to make that happen. And those same rights have been protected throughout the years by the men and women of the military that were willing to risk their lives that we may have those rights. These people did not do this so that one day we would have the right to blindly follow the orders of an out of control government and police force. And your attitude sir is a slap in the face to these great people.

You seem to have a problem with young people and generally all of society. You believe that we live in a cesspoll of unmoral, out of control scum. IMO you may have spent too many years on the force and have become jaded and it seems as though it may be way past time for you to retire from the force.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
I know where my rights came from. They came from our forefathers that founded this once great nation, and the many that died to make that happen. And those same rights have been protected throughout the years by the men and women of the military that were willing to risk their lives that we may have those rights. These people did not do this so that one day we would have the right to blindly follow the orders of an out of control government and police force. And your attitude sir is a slap in the face to these great people.

Well I am glad to see someone understand and knows how, where, and why we have the rights we do. As for being a slap in the face..no the slap to the face is a society that has allowed the crime we have today, has allowed people to take advantage of the softness we have become. You think our forefathers would allow people to rape and murder kids, you think they would allow half the crap we have now? No they wouldn't! But we as a society do...we give child rapists slaps on the wrist, we make excuses by having them see shrinks and feel sorry for them...WE THE PEOPLE allowed what you see before us today.

You seem to have a problem with young people and generally all of society. You believe that we live in a cesspoll of unmoral, out of control scum. IMO you may have spent too many years on the force and have become jaded and it seems as though it may be way past time for you to retire from the force.

You have no idea! And as soon as I can retire I shall...because EVERYDAY...yes thats right..not once in awhile, not once a month, or once a week, EVERY day I have to go to work to see abused kids, abused wives, dead children, dead INNOCENT people, watch gangs run wild because they have the cash to do it, watch good people suffer because SOCIETY wants to strip my badge if i kick the ---- out of a rapist, molester, thief, murderer, etc...instead this society wants to explore their thoughts, feel sorry that they are in a jail that doesn't serve enough food, let them file lawsuits and WIN because the warden didn't turn the heat up high enough..even though a year prior that same scumbag cut off a 5 year olds head then tried to plead insane. Yeah..come to MY SIDE of the sociatal fence one day and see what REALLY goes on in this country EVERYDAY...and you too would have some resentment...I promise you.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

haha!
thats pretty damn funny though... i would say retaliate with your own shirt if you dont like it.

lets see..how bout

porky the pig biting an apple dressed up in leather at the end of a leash that says...

uhhh...

"something witty"

i dunno, think of something yourself!

but their shirt is pretty hilarious

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
oh and as for the serve and protect...those on this site who know me KNOW that i do my job and do it well. I do serve those who deserve it. Yes thats right...I said those who deserve it. Sorry but a crack head who steals and beats up old women who tries to file a report about his money being stolen WILL NOT get the same service I give the family with good kids trying to make their way who was robbed/burglarized. Just like a protestor throwing glass bottles will not be handcuffed the same way I handcuff a guy who was man enough to stand up for doing something wrong. You can assume ALL DAY...call me names...say I'm this and I'm that...its the easy road to take....heck you can be like oconnection and say i am mentally ill..
If that helps you cope so be it...but there is a truth out there...and its this:

We are as human as you....we have emotions, feelings, thoughts and desires...we also have families, friends, etc....so to expect us to be able to take punch after punch after punch and NEVER strike back...your sadly misguided. Someone on this board brought it up...they said cops have to hold themseleves to a higher standard..they said that we should just stand there and take as much verbal abuse as a citizen wants to pour out....well again..we are ALL human (well on ATS some would debate that..lol) and as I said...no matter the profession...sometimes enough is enough..and to NOT understand that tells me you have never had to deal with it.

And also to oconnection...if you ever read my other posts you would know I do not always side with my fellow officers. There have been NUMEROUS times I have spoken out against them and their actions..just like the actions of everyday people...so your assumption is incorrect. Just like the member that posted after you...defending fellow officers as compared to understanding what happens are two HUGELY different things...and unless you have been on my side as well..how can you understand it? You can't! Just like I have never violated anyones rights that I have ever arrested...my track record speaks for that...so I will admit I cannot understand where YOU are coming from if YOU have been violated....So NO I don't ALWAYS defend us...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join