It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Cops Get T-Shirts That Mock DNC Protesters!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

First off we have already talked about this together
Guess you forgot. Well I have a good memory.

I am not full of it.

This was free, no tax involved.

What my instructor and I teach, isn't necessarily what they end up doing!
I don't see what's hypocritical.

My issue with police is the decisions they make and some of the policies they have to adhere to. The overall use of unnecessary force.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

You obviously have NO experience of protests, other than what you see in the media.

The police want to arrest protesters, they want your name and information for later use. They want to know who the protesters are.

So what they often do is have cops dress as protesters and try to instigate trouble. I'm not saying there are no protesters causing trouble, there are. Point is the cops want trouble, they want to arrest as many as they can, it makes there job easier in the future to know who the desenters are.

I HAVE experienced this personally on many occasions. In the real world, the one I live in, cops are not our fuzzy warm friends. If you lived where I do you'd learn that pretty quick.

I bet you support the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? What's the difference? It's OK for the authorities to use violence to achieve it's agenda, but it's wrong when joe public gets a little angry at the mess that's been created and acts out?

HYPOCRISY!

The real violence and crime is created by the state. Your avatar is a symbol of that violence, and you get all indignant about protesters?

Nazi Germany happened because people had your attitude, think about that.

Take your blinkers off.
We are all criminals in a cops eye, just waiting to be caught...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

So what they often do is have cops dress as protesters and try to instigate trouble.

You mean that cops would put their own guys in harm's way just to stir up trouble? I have a problem believing that BS. What if the demonstration gets really violent? Their own guys could get hurt/killed.

I HAVE experienced this personally on many occasions. In the real world, the one I live in, cops are not our fuzzy warm friends. If you lived where I do you'd learn that pretty quick.

And just where do you live, since you failed to put that in your profile?

I bet you support the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? What's the difference? It's OK for the authorities to use violence to achieve it's agenda, but it's wrong when joe public gets a little angry at the mess that's been created and acts out?

HYPOCRISY!

Well, considering Iraq/A-stan are wars, and the DNC was just a protest, I can see the difference.

So, you have a demonstration against Iraq, A-stan, whatever. It's OK for the protesters to start to brick the cops? That's considered "a little angry"?

The real violence and crime is created by the state. Your avatar is a symbol of that violence, and you get all indignant about protesters?

Nazi Germany happened because people had your attitude, think about that.

Take your blinkers off.
We are all criminals in a cops eye, just waiting to be caught...

Lighten up, Francis.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Responding to you is useless. You have ZERO ability to debate, your just like the protesters that were in the videos...you THINK you have the right mind set for a better country, for a better way of life, for a better this and that...when the truth is, just by your response...you don't have a clue about much...unless it's running your mouth and not really understanding what your whining about! Yup, just like the protesters!!

Oh and to answer your assumption about me NOT ever being a part of or involved in protesting...WRONG! I spent many days in the streets protecting good, LAW ABIDING protesters who were actually quite good people trying to make a change...but then of course they were overshadowed by the idiots who decided throwing rocks, bottles, smashing windows and rolling over cars was the right way to make a point. And you know, I am SOOOOO HAPPY to say I arrested many of those said idiots and watched them cry...YES CRY...as they were booked in and held responsible for destroying other peoples property! Oh how sweet!! As for the good protesters...I felt bad for them...they were making great points and making ground.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
You guys don't have to believe me, it's your ignorance.

You just prove you have NO idea about what you are arguing.

Two Oakland police officers working undercover at an anti-war protest in May 2003 got themselves elected to leadership positions in an effort to influence the demonstration, documents released Thursday show.

The department assigned the officers to join activists protesting the U.S. war in Iraq and the tactics that police had used at a demonstration a month earlier, a police official said last year in a sworn deposition.

At the first demonstration, police fired nonlethal bullets and bean bags at demonstrators who blocked the Port of Oakland's entrance in a protest against two shipping companies they said were helping the war effort. Dozens of activists and longshoremen on their way to work suffered injuries ranging from welts to broken bones and have won nearly $2 million in legal settlements from the city.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2006/07/28/SURVEILLANCE.TMP&type=printable

State police undercover agents posing as demonstrators infiltrated activist groups planning the protests at the Republican National Convention, search-warrant documents made public yesterday showed.

The undercover operation was detailed in legal documents filed Aug. 1 by Philadelphia police seeking search warrants for a raid that day on a so-called "puppet warehouse" at 4100 Haverford Ave. in West Philadelphia. The documents were under a court seal until yesterday.

www.commondreams.org...

The police admit to using plainclothes cops to infiltrate student protests, supposedly to evict “violent” elements. Meanwhile, on March 14, fascists of the National Front and other outfits, armed with metal bars, attacked student protesters near the Sorbonne under the protective eyes of the CRS riot police.

www.icl-fi.org...

Officers masquerading as corporate-bashing Bush haters have been attending rallies and meetings to learn the groups' tactics and plans for the upcoming convention, which begins Aug. 30, the sources say.

stevegilliard.blogspot.com...

Quebec provincial police admitted Thursday that three of their officers disguised themselves as demonstrators during the protest at the North American leaders summit in Montebello, Que.

However, the police force denied allegations its undercover officers were there on Monday to provoke the crowd and instigate violence.

www.cbc.ca...

During the early years of labor union organizing, police violence was frequently used in efforts to quell protesting workers. One notable incident took place in May 1884, when police killed four striking workers at the McCormick Harvesting Machine Co. in Chicago. The following day, a peaceful demonstration in Haymarket Square erupted in violence when a bomb was thrown, killing eight policemen — an event known as the Haymarket Riot. Fifty years later, in July 1934, police in San Francisco were involved in several encounters with striking longshore workers. After two picketers were killed, the other area unions joined together and called a general strike of all workers (the "Big Strike"). Subsequent criticism of the police was probably the occasion for the coining of the term "police riot."[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

You guys live in lala land if you think this doesn't happen, and you have the nerve to insinuate I'm not being honest? Sorry but you need to wake up to reality, and step from being your desk and gated community.

Cops being put in harms way? Are you joking? I thought that was part of their job description?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You guys don't have to believe me, it's your ignorance.

You just prove you have NO idea about what you are arguing.

Ummmm you have no idea what you just posted did you. Of course police send in undercover officers into these idiot protester groups. What your trying to do, and anyone with a lick of common sense will see this, is make it out that police are the ones throwing the rocks, bottles and acting out, OR that the police are somehow prevoking these innocent little people into doing these things...and in both cases its not so.

What you did post shows how cops went undercover to gain the trust of people who were already scumbags and up to no good, who DO NOT protest in a civil manner and are into things that are against the law. All the cops did was send a guy/girl in to get the evidence needed to arrest these people...just like we do in the narcotics trade.

Your attempt to steer undercover police work into the "problem" at protests will not work on people who are smart enough to know the truth, or atleast have that LITTLE bit of common sense I mentioned. Unfortunatly people these days are so gullible they will believe anything...and NOT have the forethought to think things through before jumping on the BS bandwagon!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Dude I KNOW it happens, I have seen and experienced it happening.

How many protests have you been on?

Here we see three masked police, posing as radicals, caught red handed trying to provoke violence at a meeting of the so called" Security and Prosperity Partnership" in Quebec. The whole episode was caught on video

Video

Wake up...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join