It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold and silver dealer reports an 'unprecedented' shortage of metals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Gold and silver dealer reports an 'unprecedented' shortage of metals

www.thepost.ie

Gold and Silver Investments director Mark O’Byrne said the supply of gold and silver available for small retail investors suffered a dramatic deterioration within hours on Friday, as wholesalers reported that government mints and refiners, the primary suppliers of the metals, had stopped offering new supplies.

‘‘It’s absolutely unprecedented,” said O’Byrne...

‘‘This did not happen even in the 1930s and the 1970s, and will result in markedly higher prices in the coming months.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Int'l bankers attempting to destroy America - NWO - 9/11 - Federal Reserve - Smoking gun

[edit on 9-28-08 by tsEnigma]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

According to O’Byrne, gold and silver were now only easily accessible in the primary market, which consist of central banks and other major traders of the precious metals.

...minimum transaction sizes in this market ... approximately $350,000 for gold and $135,000 for silver.

Well everyone, if you haven't hedged yet, it looks like it's almost too late.

www.thepost.ie
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-28-08 by tsEnigma]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It dont bother me, i cant afford gold.
I wouldt want to either. it really seems silly that a mineral can be traded just because it is "rare"

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I look at this - if true - as just the latest commodity to decide to boost their prices by artificially creating a "shortage".

After all, it worked for oil and other energy sources and they're trying the same thing with food.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This article fails to state a couple of very important facts which make the 1930's & 1970's comparisons moot.

1. "This did not happen in the 1930s"
Uh, no, maybe it did not... the government mints continued to supply gold for coinage. However, what did happen in 1933 was FDR's unprecidented and highly unconstitutional government mandated confiscation of all privately held gold. www.the-privateer.com... I have said before and will continue to say, no act (including the patriot act) by any sitting president since Abraham Lincoln basically voided states' rights by declaring war to prevent seccession of the Southern states has been as gross a violation of the United States Constitution as FDR's gold confiscation (alongside other aspects of his "New Deal.") The man was truly one of the worst enemies to our freedom & our Constitutional rights EVER in this nation's history and many have actually been brainwashed into honoring him as if he was one of our finest presidents.

2. "This did not happen in the 1970's"
Of course the government didn't hoard gold in the 70's, in 1971 Richard Millhouse Nixon made an executive decision far, far stupider than anything he's currently villified over concerning Watergate or his alleged racism. When Dick Nixon removed the US Dollar from the gold standard, it immediately become a fiat currency, essentially as worthless as the powers that be decide it to be (or as valuable, depending on the PTB's wishes) and setting the stage for the United States to suffer the cyclical banking crisises, inflationary recessions, and repeated financial molestation of the international commodity markets we've all come to live under the ever looming threats of.
www.cmi-gold-silver.com...

Thanks to FDR, a man could no longer walk into a federal bank, present a $100 bill, and demand $100 worth of gold bullion in exchange for his piece of paper. He could still, however, at least claim his piece of paper has legitimate worth as, even though he could not physically obtain it from the treasury, at least it was known that there was $100 worth of gold sitting in a vault supporting the bill's value. Thanks to Nixon, the same man now held a piece of paper with nothing whatsoever backing it. One day it could be used to purchase $100 worth of goods or services, the next day it could be worthless and only good as an emergency handkerchief to blow his nose with.

What's happening now, who knows? I'm inclined to believe it's part of a third phase of this process which will involve transitioning the US to a global currency unit. I don't actually believe we'll ever see the "Amero" come to pass, though. I actually think it's more likely that we will one day switch to the Euro. If we ever do see the Amero, it will mean that we're still in a transitional period between a sovergn monetary system and a global curreny unit, as I do not believe at all that anything short of one currency unit for the entire world is the ultimate goal here. Even if we do see the Amero, the Euro, the Africo, etc, it still doesn't reach the ultimate destination of a unified monetary system. The thing that doesn't fit about this is that I don't believe for a moment that any globalized monetary system will be backed by gold, so this apparent hoarding of gold by the treasury can't be in preparation of any new currency system.

Who knows? Maybe it's just a sign that Nabiru is really going to pass near us in 4 years and the Annunaki are planning to return and collect more gold to spray into their atmosphere to protect themselves from global warming? I'm sure they still have some strong ties with the treasury department... (That was a joke, by the way. It's helpfull to stay light hearted and a little mirthfullness never hurts.)

top topics

join