It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 people saw the same thing in the clouds, are we all nuts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Okay... Here we go. I, my grandmother, great grandmother, and mother were eating at a restaurant in St. Augustine, FL ,yes, where the famous Ghost Hunters lighthouse footage was taken! LOL We live right near there and I saw it first. A cloud in the sky that was almost the whole visible sky, I mean like the size of the spaceship that comes into New York in Independence Day, and it was a perfect house. It looked like the White House or the house from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. With 2 huge, perfect Greek looking columns on it! I said do u see that mom, she said omg! Then my ggma and gma looked and said omg I cant believe it, its a house. I didnt say what I saw at first, and they saw the same thing! The waitress came with our drinks and we said, feeling pretty stupid,can you do us a favor and look at the sky and tell us what you see?, and she said holy moly, it's a huge house in the clouds! I am a believer in aliens, and what the government would call a "conspiracy theorist" but it was the most awesome thing I have ever seen and probably ever will! I know 4 people and a stranger didn't imagine this gigantic house made of clouds!!! It is just bothering the hell outta me, wondering.........was that a sign, were we all tripping on some food, I just dont know! Thoughts anyone???

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Todo!

Seriously I think I've read about something like that before. Oh yeah it was in the Bible. Interesting. So where do you suppose it landed?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheyCanHearUs

I am a Seventh Day Adventist Christian. I believe that what you saw was a sign In the clouds of the future economic collapse of the United States of America that will take place in October as a result of decisions made in Washington by men who only pretend to care about our constitution. These decisions will affect both Wallstreet and Chicago markets.
As an Adventist I believe that a woman named Ellen White had visions about the end of days. Her visions are compiled in a book called "Last Day Events". In this book she mentions that many faithful people will see visions in the shape of clouds before tragic and important events take place. Many people saw images in the clouds before Katrina made landfall in the Gulf Coast. These visions are warning signs of things to come.
Some people take Ellen White for a quack. I can not blame them, and If I were not a bible believing christian I probably would too. But, I have faith in her visions and belive she was genuine.
The United States is in Bible Prophecy in the books of Daniel and Revelation. It is the Lamb Like Beast. Read it for yourself. If you need some clarity to understand the symbols look up "Amazing Facts" online. Things are about to change drastically in our country. I pray for all Americans, but especially for the middle and lower classes who have worked hard to make this country great. God bless us all.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think you saw a cloud formation, that looked like a house.
I think when you asked the waitress she was humoring you meaning oh yeah I see the clouds that look like a house.
Ever heard of people seeing clouds that look like animals?
This is called an optical illusion.
Ellen White was a quack.
She was a member of a doomsday cult before Seventh Day Adventists.
And they all sat around waiting for the end to come, and it didn't.
Some of them killed themselves when it didn't.
And it sent her completely nuts.So she started the SDA rubbish.
Out of her psych problems.
Instead of believing in her, why don't you just stick to believing in God.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Interestinggg,

I do believe in God and I believe in the phrophetic truths of the bible. Like I said before I can not blame people for thinking Ellen White was a quack. There was a time when I thought she was a quack myself. She has really written some off the wall things that take faith to believe.
(see the book "Early Writings").
I have developed that faith, yet I still question and seek the God of Abraham first.

I am glad you brought up the "Millerite Movement" started by William Miller. He did believe that Christ was going to return in October of 1844 and Ellen Harmon (White) was a member of his movement as well as many other Americans. Ellen White did not succumb to madness and Miller simply misinterpreted scripture. He was definitely wrong, cause we are still on this earth. That is why the event has been dubbed the "Great Dissapointmet of 1844". The theology behind that peice of history is a pretty intense study. If anyone is interested in what really happened all quesions related to that event can be answered on the Amazing Facts Website.

One of the founders of the Seventh Day Adventist Church found the answer to Miller's mistake from seeing a vision in the clouds. I am not setting myself up for more ridicule here. What I am establishing is that one must accept anything that defies natural science by faith. All belief systems are accepted by people through faith. Faith is a deeply personal experience that transcends the sublime.

I believe that the young woman saw a house in the clouds that resembled an edifice of greek architecture and I by faith believe it is a symbol of the coming economic crisis. Whether we want to beleive it or not things are changing in our world rather quickly and the conspiracy theories and Ellen Whites visions are not far from alligning with what was written in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think that if as huge and incredible as you say, more people would have reported on it than you, a waitress, and mammas.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Yup - it's a 'cloud', and they tend to frequent the skies. I understand they're made of water.

All joking aside - clouds can look like anything. They can appear to have structure, or indeed symmetry. It's not unusual. Go ask a meteorologist - they'll tell you the same.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I dont think you are nuts.

Yes a cloud is a cloud, but if it was significant to you, it could very well be a message to you. From what I wont speculate. Maybe it is even our own subconscious. Personally, if something really grabs my attention and it strikes me as important or really unusual for some reason, I pay attention to it.

I feel signs or messages are sent to help you figure out what to do in a given situation. Consider what you felt when looking at the house. What overall impression you got about it. It could represent the White House, if thats what it seemed like to you first, but it could also be a courthouse somewhere, etc. If you run across a building that resonates with the cloud, stay on your toes when you are around it. Dont be afraid, but be alert.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well, whoever wrote jack and the beanstalk must of had some magic beans. You failed to mention what you all had to eat. Was it bean soup by chance?

Okay, yeah clouds can have some pretty strange shapes and maybe a few things use them as a blind occasionally. Next time take a picture.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

There is no evidence for any of that. It is your opinion, founded solely on your feelings, that offers no ability to predict events or otherwise be actually useful to an individual.

But whatever gets you through the night, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that not one of you happened to have a camera phone on you, in order to take a 'snap'.....

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I am sorry, did anything in my post indicate it was anything other than an opinion?

Because I think it was clear I said,

"I feel signs or messages are sent to help you figure out what to do in a given situation."

Notice the word "feel?" Generally speaking it is an indication of an opinion.

People in many different places, in many different cultures choose to use signs and symbols as ways of interpreting events. I happen to be one of them.

The OP asked;

It is just bothering the hell outta me, wondering.........was that a sign, were we all tripping on some food, I just dont know! Thoughts anyone???

I answered. My answer was on topic. Yours appears to be little more than a personal attack and NOT on topic.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm an Adventist from Australia, but I know most Adventists don't believe the US economy is going to collapse in October. September was a pretty scary month though, as far as the US economy is concerned. I personally believe the US will pull out of this one as it has done in the past. If however it is hit by a couple of major natural disasters like Katrina and the Big One in LA/Las Vegas and a few more fires, floods and tornadoes here and there, it could well be in for serious trouble. Let's not forget the ongoing war in Iraq which is continuing to suck the public coffers dry.

As for the clouds theory. I haven't heard that one before. Jesus said there would be signs in the sun, moon, and stars-doesn't say anything about the clouds. I think seeing signs in the clouds may be extrapolating things a bit.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Ok so you and the ladies in your family saw a house of clouds.
Why are you asking other people to give you verification of what you say, you know, you saw?

Why set yourself up for people to rob you of your experience!?
If you all saw it, you saw it, leave it at that.

A good thread would have been asking if other people have *seen things in the clouds* or something like *is there any prophetic evidence to be seen in clouds*.

I’m sorry you set yourself up for getting flamed or discredited.
Then again maybe that’s what you want.
Maybe you WANT people to poo poo your experience because you can’t handle it. You know what you saw, so does your family, but it’s so wild you just can’t take the psychological pressure it brought with it - knowing you actually saw a*sign* in the sky!

Who knows, not me, but I’d be the last one to tell you not to believe your own eyes.

Keep Looking Up!

...taps...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah, I completely understand what you're saying. If you went and bought a car, and your family knew you had bought the car, and then one day you said yeah yeah i love my car, and they said what car, you never bought a car! You would be like what the freak are you talking about. You would feel like they were robbing you of your own thoughts or that they were crazy. I can take a lot babe! Especially constructive criticism. You shouldn't judge people just by what they post! I have had many strange things happen to me. Including, when I was 12, water actually coming out of the walls at any given moment, and parapsychologists Loyd Auerbach and his colleague came to FL from CA to see me, and when they held the EMF detector to me it was going crazy. Also I got 24 out of the 25 Zener cards right. Also, my bed shaking and rumbling around off the ground when I was 13. I KNOW what has happened to me! JFYI, this was taking place in a $800,000 house. Which probably makes no difference. I didn't put up the post to be "poo pooed" on. I just wanted to hear some other opinions or if someone had a similar experience. It sounds to me that you are the only one poo pooing on me, and I think it is informational! And how am I supposed to KNOW that it was a sign? A sign from who, because I sure as hell don't believe the Bible. Maybe your opinion on that one!!??

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Old Man

It happened when I was 13 and I am 23 now. None of us had cell phones with cameras. It was only 2 1/2 years after they were invented. Plus a great gma that was 89 and a gma that was 63, don't really think they would be using cell phones. You ever heard of JITTERBUG??!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
You're probably not nuts. However, just because a lot of people apparently see the same thing doesn't mean the same thing was there. Psychologically, when a group of people are confronted with an unusual stimulus, it's very common for the individuals of the group to quickly communicate with each other and form a quick consensus. We're social animals, after all, and this can be a consequence of that.

In a lesser form, it's like when you and your friends go see a movie that isn't a standard Hollywood tale. You'll pretty quickly confer to discuss your impressions of it, and often reach an agreement about it either being good or bad, even though when you left the theater you might not have felt one way or another about it.

This kind of consensus building works for any group of people, and can actually change your recollection and perception of something retroactively. You might see a flying saucer. The rest of the group might see an flying egg. If the group is persuasive, you might re-think what you saw to the point where you actually remember a saucer. There are tons of social-psychological studies detailing this behavior, and it's actually quite fascinating.

Still, there has to be some kind of stimulus involved. So something happened. But it's really hard to tell exactly what, even if everybody agrees on it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Yeah, I completely understand what you're saying. If you went and bought a car, and your family knew you had bought the car, and then one day you said yeah yeah i love my car, and they said what car, you never bought a car! You would be like what the freak are you talking about. You would feel like they were robbing you of your own thoughts or that they were crazy.

Ok, here you sound like we agree.

I can take a lot babe! Especially constructive criticism.

I’m sorry you see what I wrote as criticism. It wasn’t meant to be, though after reading it over I can see how you might have taken it so.

You shouldn't judge people just by what they post!

Not judging you at all. Just using suppositions. Like I said in my last line - I’d be the last one to tell you you didn’t see, what you saw with your own eyes. I’d be the last one. How you take that as judging you again - I ‘m not sure. Something must just not be *clicking* with this mode of communication.

I have had many strange things happen to me. Including, when I was 12, water actually coming out of the walls at any given moment, and parapsychologists Loyd Auerbach and his colleague came to FL from CA to see me, and when they held the EMF detector to me it was going crazy. Also I got 24 out of the 25 Zener cards right. Also, my bed shaking and rumbling around off the ground when I was 13. I KNOW what has happened to me! JFYI, this was taking place in a $800,000 house. Which probably makes no difference.

Since the majority of what you said doesn’t make sense to me, and, your speaking of things I have no knowledge of, I’ll have to take your word for it. No reason not to. I’ve heard and seen stranger.

I didn't put up the post to be "poo pooed" on.

Fine, I’m not going to split hairs with you. From my experience, if I didn’t want something to be disclaimed putting me up as a nut, I wouldn’t use sentences like:

"...are we all nuts?" "...were we all tripping on some food?"

I just wanted to hear some other opinions or if someone had a similar experience. It sounds to me that you are the only one poo pooing on me, and I think it is informational! And how am I supposed to KNOW that it was a sign? A sign from who, because I sure as hell don't believe the Bible.

If you think that’s what I’m doing, I’m not going to try to convince you I wasn’t.
I don't try to talk people in or out of things.
In fact, again, like I said, I’d be the last one to tell you you didn't see what you saw.
I guess out right believing you and not telling you I think you’re out of your mind wasn’t what you wanted to hear.

Maybe your opinion on that one!!??

My opinion on what?
How do you know what a sign is?

In my opinion, personally I don’t think anyone can tell you what the sign means for you.
That’s kind of the whole point in signs - that you see personally. They’re meant for you. For you to explore, figure out their meaning, etc.
But that’s just my opinion - means nothing to anyone but me.

Here's a link you might like. With some pictures too.

Keep Looking Up!

..taps...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Interesting post. Who's to say what it was? I wasn't there, so I have no first hand account of this. I'm glad however she posted this, as I've seen many unusual cloud formations all my life. I find some of them fascinating also.
She's shared an experience with us that meant something to her.
Was it a sign of some sort? Depends on your perspective on life and how you've digested it.
I try to keep an open mind..but with a screen over it, to keep the bugs out.
Thanks for the read.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
OMG...me and my family also saw something like that except ours looked like a huge wad of cotton....and we were also eating. It must be a sign....a sign that wool is about to go up in price....everyone hurry to the stores and buy your sweaters fast.
...DUDE seriously you guys all read to muc into things....it may have looked like what you thought....or it could be just that someone said look it looks (place whatver you want here) and the others didn't really see but agreed to shut your hole :LOL:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join