It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Department Testing "PRE-CRIME" Detector!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
www.newscientist.com...

'Pre-crime' detector shows promise
Last year, New Scientist revealed that the US Department of Homeland Security is developing a system designed to detect "hostile thoughts" in people walking through border posts, airports and public places. The DHS says recent tests prove it works.

Sounds like a Tom Cruise movie script, but its true. They are realy trying to read our minds and arrest us "BEFORE" we actualy do anything. Thoughts can be crimes now!

[edit on 9/28/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I had heard something about this awhile back now. The way I understood what I heard (and it may be a different program all together) is that the "system" being used here is a computer that translates body language.
I had thought it would pick up on suspicious behavior like darting eyes, or something of the like. It would then alert authorities so they could question the more suspicious of passengers.

heh, combine that with the fact that your name or your acquaintances can put you on their "travel risk" lists and you have a fledgling fascist police state. "Where are your papers, please."

It seems to me that in theory this could be a good thing, but like everything else system controllers will use it to further their own evil agenda. It will become an instrument of terrorization against innocent people who happen to have an opinion different than yours.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
you wont be able to get into an airport one day without having "happy thoughts"

Thought-crime is a possibility with our current tecnology

new topics

join