It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War Three probabilities.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This isn't a mystic prediction thread, rather post your probability predictions based on current world events regarding the proximity of World War Three.

I believe that a full scale global world war is on the brink, and that we are going to see a massive attack against the United States, Briton and NATO countries which will be full scale nuclear war from Russia and China in the near future.

We see the alliances forming between China, Russia, Iran, Syria and Pakistan along with the NATO alliance. Russia is positioning itself strategically into the Caribbeans with Venezuela. This posturing is both political and strategical for a Russian first-strike against America.

North Korea is starting to go back into their usual flip-flop with the nuclear reactors and seems to be distancing its cooperation with the United States, which means it also could help erupt war in the Korean Peninsula.

With the current financial melt-down of the United States, tensions growing between Russia, it seems we are sparks away from the major global conflict that seems to be on the horizon.

The epicenter of the conflict may well be an attack on US soil in either another false-flag terrorist attack, which starts the US / Iran war, which will ultimately lead to WWIII.

This October may be the trigger month, with Al Queda releasing a tape claiming an October surprise, as well as the deployment of US troops back to the main land.

I think we are within a very high probability of WWIII that could start as early as next month, or within the next year.

Any thoughts or predictions of your own?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My prediction.... Right as off now...

1. Iran will develop nuclear capabilities soon, and posses atomic weapons,

a. Israel will destroy Iran claiming it was a nation security threat
b. Iran will wipe Israel off the face of the planet

2. American and NATO will attack Iran
3. Russia will back Iran, also with a strong possibility of China backing Iran too.

a. It turns out into a nuclear mess
b. WWII all over again

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Definately interesting times we're living in just now. It is important to rememer whilst Russia is posturing itself in Venezuela the US has been camping out in Russia's back yard with the likes of Georgia for the last ten years.

Something's got to give and in the past an economic downturn had always been followed by a world war....

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

It does seem to be shaping up that way.

reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

This financial collapse is a major indicator of the potential of a new world war... it creates panic and tensions rise dramatically. There is far to much evidence supporting the growing developments of a global conflict. WWIII is around the corner, only time will tell what events and what day we all scramble to ATS and declare it is finally here. If we can even make it that far.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Don't know if the threat of M.A.D. - mutually assured destruction from nuclear weapons would mean another world war would never happen, or if its just a case of who's first to press the button!?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It is hard to tell if we will see M.A.D with this emerging war, I would imagine all active parties want to continue, but let's face it, if nuclear weapons start to fly, it is quite likely a large-scale attack because you need to ensure total destruction of the enemy to prevent further nuclear attack.

A nuclear war is by far, the most grotesque probability we face. If there is a controlled nuclear war where it seems contained, then the notion may be the war was staged for other political reasons.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Can there ever be such a thing as a controlled nuclear war? i've got a feeling that if any country was to be nuked, however small, retalliation would be full anihilation. Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That all depends, I believe that a nuclear war will be total annihilation , however entertaining some conspiracy beliefs that a New World Order is creating a staged world war, we might have a controlled, small-scale nuclear war.

I don't know if I accept the latter, my gut tells me if it goes nuclear, it's go hard or go home.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

I don't know if I accept the latter, my gut tells me if it goes nuclear, it's go hard or go home.

Yeah i'm with you on that one, if it goes nuke it'll go total.
I do think we're on the brink of something big, but then again I can see the conspiracy side of things too, we're constantly being given new threats, first 'terrorism', then Iraq, now Iran and Russia, with intetwined allies such as China.

Or is this just how its panning out in a media centred society?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Their was something in the late thirties and forties, of the 1900's called the "Phony War"

Even though we look in History books and see the "Second World War" as from 1939-1945, the Phony War took up a good couple of years in the beginning.

Very Similar to Iraq. Were we not we in a Third World War after America invaded Iraq & Afghanistan, and the "Axis of Evil" was so eloquently described?

Certainly the worlds superpower stating to the rest of the world "Your either with them, or your with US" makes it pretty clear that there is since that point in time 2 separate parts, ideologies, belief structures that are apposed and at war.

I feel that is how history will generally describe the situation from 9/11 until whatever happens happens. If we have a surviving race that is.

To be the "Event" or trigger for pop culture however maybe some Pirates will get drunk on a ship in Somalia, and let an RPG of into some very suspicious drums from Iran indeed.

Lol
Elf.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The media spins this into such a difficult state of propaganda that it's hard to get a clear perspective of what is really going on.

All I can do is look at facts.

US is attacking Iraq and Afghanistan, on false pretexes for war:

Afghanistan -> Al Queda connection when all terrorists came from Saudi Arabia.
Iraq -> Weapons of mass destruction when none are found.

So we know they invaded and occupied two countries based on false pretexts, and we see the influence of Georgia war coming from Washington.

Looking at the future conflicts:

US vs Iran -> Same pretext as Iraq, WMD concerns.
US vs Pakistan -> US invading Pakistan with sorties and skirmishes, is leading to war with Pakistan.
US vs Russia -> Georgian proxy conflict
US vs Russia -> Venezuela military build up.

US vs North Korea -> Current shift in politics, NK is going nuclear again, back on the uncooperative side demanded of the US.
US vs China -> Possibly through Iran/NK conflict.

That is the current stage as I see it, we have the aggressor, the US, attacking several countries based on false pretexts and propaganda, the answer to this is an alliance of threatened nations turning the tide and attacking the US.

The aggression is evident, it is provocative and there is no question, the actions the US has currently taken its foreign policy will be answered for.

Iran -> WMD... again where have we heard that before.

With the collapse of the US economy, if this is really what is happening and not another planned coup to turn the world economy over to some elite bankers... J P Morgan for example getting the buy out and money to buy out failed banks... that's consolidation.

The collapse could weaken the US, deter its strength in all regions due to lack of funding, and the enemies of the US take advantage of the weakness and attack.

Who knows, this war may just be fought with economics, but I doubt that.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
One thing I've noticed in History recorded is that Nuclear Weapons work much better when you threaten to use them, not actually use them.
I honestly don't believe a "small nuclear exchange" is even possible with the thought of any sort of retaliation not taking the "Oh yeah? Eat this" route.

I think if anything, the PTB are finding that a Cold War was so much more prosperous and managable than the small little ethnic wars taking place.
Russia, in all it's militaristic glory, has to re-emerge.
It, I think, is doing so.
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Just coming back to this thread, Russia certainly is making a bold military statement.

The economic crash and the staging may really be more fear based against the global mass, I'm starting to relax my fears of a potential WWIII, and put more faith in financial and global restructuring.

top topics

join