It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Considering what's the worst in your life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Part 1 in general:

Concering matters in life which dwell on the mind or bother you, which one of the following is worst?

A) Losing something and someone you like/love.

B) Gaining something and someone you dislike/hate.

Part 2 in specific:

Concering matters in life which dwell on the mind or bother you, which one of the following is worst?

A) Losing a pet.

B) Gaining a maimed leg.

Part 3 in pettiness:

A) Losing the $100 million dollar lotto scratch-off game to someone just in line in front of you because they had cut in line.

B) Gaining an awful smell up your nose after you stepped into somebody's lingering passing of the foulest gas while knowing the person who just did it, knowing you'd walk into it, didnt even warn you.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

I appreciate the thought you invested in this.

But personally I think it's a false dilemma.
Usually you cannot choose your losses; but you can (well, *I* can) choose to "gain", or not, the unpleasantness in your life.
Or at least you can choose to remove - or not - yourself from it.

It's a question of character, whereas the losses are not.
(For example, I could never gain an "enemy" in terms of my own feelings towards that person, because I don't "believe" in hatred and simply don't let it sprout roots in me. It works every time.)

Also, I think destructive things cannot really be termed as "gains", unless one extracts something good and valuable from it - but then, by the same token, they stop being negative.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Its not a false dilemma, he does NOT ask for you to choose your loss......he asks about the quality of emotion you feel, and for you to communicate the one you happen to deem most unpleasant....

1) B

2) B

3) A

[edit on 28-9-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Mabus, man, sometimes you think way too much. Please. You don't have to start a post every time your mind wanders to something you are unsure about. Don't get me wrong, it's GOOD you are a thinker, but, sometimes you ask the most useless questions in your topics.
Like this unbelievably negative thread with you asking negative questions for the only reason you always do. You need to hear how someone else feels about stuff before you can form an opinion on it.
Step away from the outward questioning and turn those questions inward. Our opinion on stuff means nothing to no-one. Deal in solid, positive parameters and move forward. Nuff said.

Now on topic-

A) Losing something and someone you like/love.

B) Gaining something and someone you dislike/hate.

It's all a part of daily life. What's worse???
How about this answer-
A) Something I like/love is never gone as long as I remember it. It may not be at hand anymore, but, the experience and wisdom I cherished them (right?) for is forever.
B) I've never gained anything without getting something out of it. Like or dislike isn't the issue, it's what the like or dislike stems from.
Neither is worse, they just are.

Part 2 in specific:

A) Losing a pet.

B) Gaining a maimed leg.

I've lost pets and I've maimed my leg. Both are. They just are. No pet lives forever and we don't NOT decay over time. What a stupid question, IMO.

The next stupid, stupid question I'll split in half.

Part 3 in pettiness:

A) Losing the $100 million dollar lotto scratch-off game to someone just in line in front of you because they had cut in line.

I don't play the LOTTO, so, in essence, I win every time. Stupid game, lousy odds, costs more money to play than you win. Period. I KNOW what I'm talking about here. Lottery addiction is a serious problem in America...well, not for the State. Plus, $100,000,000 is more problem that benefit. I wouldn't wish for anyone to have to go through the life change THAT would bring.

B) Gaining an awful smell up your nose after you stepped into somebody's lingering passing of the foulest gas while knowing the person who just did it, knowing you'd walk into it, didnt even warn you.

I'm the asshole that farts! Screw you and your nose! What, ettiquitte? Who invented ettiquette? I'm the guy who will slow down when you tailgate me and then speed up when you go to pass. I'm the guy who says that horribly un-PC thing that makes people's jaw drop. You think society dictates how my decision making process works? Hell no. You know what I think? You know what I refer to in situations like that? Ya wanna know?

The Golden Rule.

Think for yourself Mabus. Gain your own opinion instead of judging others'.

Jeez.
Cuhail

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

HAH! I agree with you on all counts. Gaining and losing is all we do in life. Why dwell? It is what it is and if I didn't have my demons and angels, then my life would be quite boring.

And I am that guy too. Farting really adds a certain zest to life.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

A) Wasting the time to answer these pointless dilemas in a logical manner.

B) Getting a hair trapped in your optical mouse.

If you're going to ask a question at least ask a worthwhile one, and ask it to yourself at least once so you know how daft or pointless it may sound.

Your examples cannot be responded to properly without the individual circumstances and influences being taken into consideration.

What did I lose, who was the person, what was the pet, which leg, who's leg, was the man in the line armed and did it smell of cabbage.

Add to that, who, where, why, when, how, etc, etc.....

Most of the time we already know the answers but patience, time and effort give way to interest in others opinions and/or a need to know.

Your questions are not silly though, because they have at least spawned discussion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's one for you seeing as you started a "what's the worst" thread......

What was the WORST day of your life and what was the BEST thing to come from it?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

The next stupid, stupid question I'll split in half.

Dear friend, after a recent post I made in a Dave Rabbit thread, I said something that included "...silly question".
To which mr Rabbit replied: "there are no silly questions, just silly answers".

That got me thinking...

The fact that we are discussing things like this and the (proven) fact that even the daftest questions get responses and comments can mean only one thing.

There are no silly questions OR answers, just silly minds. Knowledge can be gained from anywhere, we just have to see past our conventional vision and see things from different perspectives sometimes.

Without our OPs "silly" question, I would not have had the chance to read another of your wonderful and well scripted responses.
How can this posibility be brought around from something deemed "silly".

cheers..nerb

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It's funny you say that because this is one of the few times I responded to a Mabus thread. I usually take the higher road and just move on. But this one took the cake. It actually brought me to the act of replying.

My point was, in my observations, Mabus asks a kind of question that brings answers only to himself, for his own reasons. It only ever really benefits him. I just can't see this line of questions benefitting ATS as a whole.

But, thank you for the kind words regarding my posting style.

Nice talking to ya,
Cuhail

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Part 1:

You win some, loose some and some things and people just fade away. I live for the moment and enjoy who and what I have for however long it exists.

Part 2:

Loosing a pet is terrible. I don't even like to kill bugs.
I already have maimed legs and life is still full and sweet for me.

Part 3:

I do not buy lotto tickets. I do enjoy a good poker game occasionally.

Farting is one of life's little pleasures. I enjoy a good fart. My grandsons and I have had farting contests while driving on a freezing road with snow falling so hard we could hardly see ahead of us. That is really the bomb. We laughed so hard.

top topics

join