It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Slams Failure of U.S. 'Unipolar' Policies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Russia Slams Failure of U.S. 'Unipolar' Policies

wiredispatch.com...

In a strongly worded speech to the U.N. General Assembly, Lavrov called the U.S.-led war in Iraq a "painful blow" to global anti-terrorism efforts and questioned the NATO-led force fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan.

He described U.S. foreign policy as "unipolar" meaning that Washington regarded itself as the world's sole superpower, able to act without regard to the views of others.

"The illusion of a unipolar world confused many," Lavrov said. "In exchange for total loyalty they expected to receive a carte blanche to resolve all their problems."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
And the war of words and postering continues on...

I suspect this is only going to get worse, as continued incursions and agitations into Pakistan are heating up another potential war-profiteering venue...

Not sure if the chicken-hawks have given up on their diabolical scheme of starting up war with Iran either, although it's somewhat quieted down in recent times.

But one thing's for sure, this maniac administration is going to continue pressing forward with its NWO nonsense, I think we can be guaranteed of that.

wiredispatch.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
From an objective viewpoint, it would be fair to agree that a world under the forces of a unipolar system would not meet everyone's demands equally. I don't believe Russia has to be our enemy. And our media and politics has always painted them in a negative light, never offering a moment of compromise. Unfortunately, past generations are not so willing to give up the past and they are the ones in control of the politics existing today. I will say that I'm not surprised why many Russians hold a grudge against the U.S.

new topics

join