It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain This ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
A few minutes ago, at about 11.15 pm local time- 28th. Sept. ( Adelaide, Australia ), I had to let my dog out. As I let him out, I was stunned to see the whole sky bright pink. It made the night so bright, that I could see all my garden plants as well as the clouds moving in the sky ( there was a light cloud cover ). It looked exactly like sunrise. No stars were visible however. Since it's the new moon now, it could not have had anything to do with the moon.
Sometimes we do have bush fires here, but in those cases only the part of the sky above the fire is lit up a reddish color, whereas the whole sky is bright pink now.
I went out and stared at the sky, and I thought I saw thousands of pin prick star like lights appear and disappear within the clouds.
Could the light be due to a whole armada of ufos on the move, or does it have a more mundane explanation ?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Is it posssible that its the aurora australis?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow that must have been something to see. I recall a really bright sky in another thread that was due to a propane (or similar) gas explosion. It was much brighter then expected. But this sounds different with the lights aswell, sounds like some trippy fireworks. Speaking of sounds did you hear anything? If this was a whole sky event hopefully other people saw it aswell.

On a side note I am aware of some recent 'chemtrailing' occurring in adelaide. I am not big into chemtrails but Germany admitted to using metal particles to block radar signals and this is a popular theory for chemtrails in other countries. Heres the thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Could the pin prick lights it the clouds be it be metal reflecting the light? Here is the youtube video of the adelaide chemtrails;
www.youtube.com...
There appears to be a UFO in this one aswell so i guess it kind of belogs in this forum anyway. The video is four parts but each only goes for a couple of minutes, I started with part 3 because it shows the UFO. Which as the videoer says is probably sometype of wheather balloon associated with the trails. Well its just an idea.

edit for clarity

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Steve B]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuronotenshi

I agree, sounds like austrias borealis. But I haven't heard a thing about any sun spot activity, or solar flares that would cause this? Anyone else heard anything?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I'll poke around in a bit and see if I can come across anything, unless someone else beats me to it first, i'm hip deep in flash navigation menu hell at the moment

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I think you have to be just a touch souther for the auroras...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What if it was the city lights polluting the sky and the cloud cover actually prevented the light from escaping up and got the light trapped and making the clouds and the sky glow.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You don't require sun spots to get auroras. There are also coronal holes in the sun's outer plasma layer which allows fast moving particles to reach Earth and produce auroras.
What is reported here has all the characteristics of the Aurora Australis.
You can get predictions of these events by checking the Space Weather website.

Here's some photos for comparison. You'll see several appear exactly as described. Aurora Gallery.

WG3

[edit on 28-9-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks guys. The quick response is most appreciated. Update. 3.30 am 29th. Sept. Sky as bright as a half moon night. Can clearly see some clouds in the sky. The pink hue is gone completely. Cannot see my garden plants.
Most likely it is the aurora then. But why the pink color ? And why is it not as bright as earlier ?
Will check out some of the links given above later in the day.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by carlosox
But why the pink color ?

The colors of aurora vary according to the atoms and molecules in the upper atmosphere that are being ionised by the solar wind. Mainly from oxygen, nitrogen and their compounds. Colors vary from violet, blue, pink, red and green.

See the Wikipedia entry for details

And why is it not as bright as earlier ?

Because the solar wind intensity dropped. It flows at tremendous speed past the Earth. Around 30 million miles per day.

WG3

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Whats with everyone saying aurora, done, explained. At this latitude I don't think it was an aurora, the really bright ones generally occur further south i believe. And even if the bright light was caused by an aurora that does nothing to explain the pin prick lights that were seen. Carlosox, I think that there is more to this then an aurora. Have you found anyone else who saw it? there should be alot of witnesses and hopefully one of them got some pic's.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlosox
A few minutes ago, at about 11.15 pm local time- 28th. Sept. ( Adelaide, Australia ), I had to let my dog out. As I let him out, I was stunned to see the whole sky bright pink. It made the night so bright, that I could see all my garden plants as well as the clouds moving in the sky ( there was a light cloud cover ). It looked exactly like sunrise. No stars were visible however. Since it's the new moon now, it could not have had anything to do with the moon.
Sometimes we do have bush fires here, but in those cases only the part of the sky above the fire is lit up a reddish color, whereas the whole sky is bright pink now.
I went out and stared at the sky, and I thought I saw thousands of pin prick star like lights appear and disappear within the clouds.
Could the light be due to a whole armada of ufos on the move, or does it have a more mundane explanation ?

carlosox, this has to be a coincidence, but another singular event was witnessed around Adelaide the day before:

At 1447-8 UT September 26 2008,or 00:17-8 am Sept 27 Local time,
a re-entry event was seen by dozens of persons around
Adelaide So. Australia ( 34.9S,138.6E ).
One person who saw it travel from low in North to overhead
and then low in South rang me up immediately. He saw it
for too long an interval for it to be a meteor.
Multiple components in parallel paths.
This was the re-entry of 2008 46E, a rocket stage
left in LEO during the launch of 3 Glosnass satellites a few days ago
Tony Beresford

www.satobs.org...

Anyway, in my opinion, it could be a good idea to get in touch with Tony Beresford, you will find his address at the top of the page if you click on the link above

new topics

top topics

join