It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shriners, York Rite, Scottish Rite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I am relatively new to Freemasonry. Next week, I'm scheduled for my 2nd degree.

I have been approached about my interest in joining the Shriners, but I mentioned that I would like to learn more about the Shriners, York Rite, and Scottish Rite.

Does anybody have any information they wish to share about their experiences in either of the aforementioned, so I can begin determining which direction I want to go.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
Does anybody have any information they wish to share about their experiences in either of the aforementioned, so I can begin determining which direction I want to go.

MOFreemason,

I sent you a U2U (check your ATS tool-bar). You don't have enough ATS points to reply, but I sent you my e-mail address. E-mail me directly and I'll be glad to help you. I assume by your user ID you are in Missouri. I am too.

Regards,

Senrak

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I will check my U2U, which I'm glad you pointed out...as I'm also new to this site.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
As this thread does not contain a conspiracy element, expect it to be moved to Below Top Secret, where it more appropriately belongs.

Among the Masons on ATS I only know of a couple who are Shriners, a small handful more that are members of the York Rite (and a couple of those have only recently begun that journey), whereas of the ATS Masons who've joined appendant bodies, Scottish Rite seems to be the most popular... quite a few 32s around, and even a 33° member here. Once you have U2U points you'll find most, if not all of us willing to answer your questions.

In the meanwhile, feel free to hang about in the SS forum and you'll learn fairly quickly who's who.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Shriners?

Here?

This early in the AM?

They must be slipping...

Fez Monkeys, not just for being a sorry son of the desert anymore...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
As this thread does not contain a conspiracy element, expect it to be moved to Below Top Secret, where it more appropriately belongs.

I'm still learning the various posts, forums, and rooms. Hopefully a moderator can relocate my thread to the appropriate location.

I definitely plan on hanging around and learning all I can.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
my two cents on your question, Learn the blue lodge for a little bit before you jump into another section. There is a bunch to learn, and it's really what masonry is all about. The Shrine and the Scottish Rite are great organizations, but if you miss the main course of the meal, desert leaves you hungry later. Congradulations on your fellowcraft, you will enjoy being raised. Ask anything you have questions about, the brothers here are very helpfull and quite nice to talk to. Have a great day brother.

Mike

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
my opinion is that after your 3rd degree go for scottish or yorkrite for advanced masonic education, and once finished if you want a fellowship group you could go for shrine or snake perhaps order of the secret monitor. #7 F&AM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My 3rd degree is scheduled for October 25. Just thought I would share.

I'm beginning to lean toward the Scottish Rite.

new topics

top topics

join