It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of the sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Did any of you watch an anime cartoon series in the mid to late 80's called. 'the Myseterious cities of gold'? Esteban, Zia, Tao and the Golden Condor (Golden Bird Plane). I watched it when i was 5 and i was strangely drawn to it. It probably what started me thinking of other cilvilizations and untold secrets. Just wondered if anyone else watched this brilliant cartoon too. Also got me thinking on if it was an attempt to help enlighten that generation to history than what we were not taught about at school.

www.mysteriouscitiesofgold.org...

www.mysteriouscitiesofgold.org...

[edit on 28-9-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

You were strangely drawn to it because YOU WERE 5 years old,
and it was colorful and had motion and sound and was specifically created to draw children to it.

Its a thing called a cartoon.
Come on man,

I was transfixed by the cartoon peter pan when I was 5, but I know theres not a mythical pirate island with a flying boy.

Sorry its just animae not secret history.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I remember that show also. It was one show that has stood out to me throughout the years as being something better than the rest. I recently purchased the entire show online and am still thinking that same way. Even with the wild cartoons out today my children were still drawn to it. I think it more like a good story about a historical perspective than anything. It made me curious though and I think had an impact on my way of looking at things. Good show. Recommend to anyone.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have seen innumerable subtle (almost subconscious, implied) messages to children in cartoons, from Disney cartoons to Looney Tunes and various other commercial ventures.

To deny that the cartoonists and other artists don't try to introduce children to "grown-up" concepts and ideas in these cartoons shows a lack of understanding of their exact role in society, imo, and all art in general for that matter. I have been shocked by the esoteric teachings I have seen thinly veiled in cartoons, whether they be intentional or by coincidence, these things have the uncanny ability to make themselves manifest across all mediums.

I loved the first Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies when I was growing up, and I think they had a similar effect on me subconsciously in that they made me deeply fascinated with both the beauty and mystery of outer space, and the lost knowledge of ancient civilizations. Vibes appropriate to these feelings emanate throughout those movies, because they were creative works of art. They are meant to inspire people, not just to numbly offer a temporary safe-haven from having to worry about your job and bills.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

I imagine you didn't watch it then - everyone i know who watched it missed the end as i did and always longed to be able the the ending, obviously made an impact on them also. It was based around facts and known myths - the facts are on the website and at the end of every episode - i know Estebans story itself wasn't real. It was a fantastic series though and still is.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You got to think this will have had a universal appeal, quite an indepth story for a childrens tv really, It would be the 80's generation who watched i would think, :

www.retrojunk.com...

It is this show that i'm sure that has left me curious and wanting to know more about the past civilizations.Though is suppose it can also be used as be a way of sunconciously conditioning the minds of the children watching it, Umm? I recently re-kicked off with my curiosity with the Myth of Atlantis and it led me to find out about the emerald tablet of thoth the Atlantean:

www.crystalinks.com...

and that inspired me to read about other civilizations and there religions, to try to get a look at the bigger picture. That is how i came across ATS and i'm glad i did. I Have been inspired by the thoughts of veryone here and is brilliant we have the resource to learn and share our thougts and Questions with each other. We can all learn from each other. The Universe it a huge place. I'm inclined believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe, it is so vast and since no is able to disprive that there is life elsewhere i have to assume that the possibilty is still there. I choose to deny ignorance and hope to learn from our past, present and from each other.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Heres a link to the episodes guide - an overview of each episode:

www.eternal-anubis.com...

join