It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paraletic dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Okay, this is sort of a hard thing to explain but I'll try. Sometimes when I'm sleeping and I'm between the area of falling into a deep sleep or waking up I have this bizarre thing happen. I'll be laying there with my eyes open, watching what's going on in the room, but I cannot move at all. Also while this is happening I am seeing all sorts of creepy stuff happening in the room.

The worst part about this is that on occasion I have seen a dark manlike shadow walking around the room. One time this shadow stood over my body and seemed to be drawing the breath right out of me. I felt like I could no longer breathe and began to panic. I was fighting so hard for my body to move...wake up...whatever....that I ended up throwing myself off of the bed from the exertion.

I'm not going ask if this is normal...it isn't. But am I the only one to have ever experienced this?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
That would be sleep paralysis. Although to be fair, just because something has a name doesn't make it any less intense.

A lot of UFO skeptics say that alleged alien abductions are in fact only hallucinations during sleep paralysis.

I think the argument can be summed up like this....

Skeptic: That wasn't an alien abduction. You had sleep paralysis.
Abductee: What is sleep paralysis? Why does it happen?
Skeptic: Uh. I don't know. But it's definitely NOT aliens or demons..

My point is, that just because we come up with names for phenomena, it doesn't mean that something isn't going on.

Like the scientist who refuses to believe in God. They think that just because they hold the blueprints, they are in control, without even giving thought to the fact that blueprints can't exist without an architect.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I used to have those "episodes" until I decided to FIGHT them, i.e., get rid of my fear. Whenever I had a nightmare, once I decided to kick butt out of the boogiemen and monsters in my dreams, they did not return.
Have no fear and it will stop.
Yeah, I know, it is hard to do at first but you will get the hang of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's called sleep paralysis. But just because we've got a name for it doesn't mean that it should be swept under the table with sleep apnea and night terrors. I think there's always a possibility that something strange is going on.

Maybe inter-dimensional beings harvesting brain waves?

When I was little, I used to get them all the time. I was completely awake, but I couldn't move, and there was always a shadow moving around my room. I liken it to waking up during surgery.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Thanks for responding. I was beginning to think I was ready for a commitment...and I ain't talking the relationship kind!

new topics

top topics

join