It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About BOINC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've had BOINC running for around two days now, and it claims that it's only spent 22 hours on this one project, and the project is barley moving. It's just now finally at 93% and another one at 94%. I was wondering if there's any boost or something I can do to actually make it go faster.

Also, on the SETI Program, I can't get it to run all the time, it just run when I have it as the main window, anyway to keep it running the whole time?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Use the preferences tab to set it to run the entire time...to look for ways to speed it up: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh, I do have it run always but it doesn't for some reason. And I figured since BOINC was new it wouldn't be in the FAQ, my bad.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
ack i'm sorry, BOINC is not in the faq. That's my fault.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Oh ya, I forgot to mention what SETO@Home is doing. If something else is fully windowed, then it won't work. But if I manage to crack it, it'll run. But for games I can't do this, anyone know how to fix this? And yes, it is on always run.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabidGoose
Oh, I do have it run always but it doesn't for some reason. And I figured since BOINC was new it wouldn't be in the FAQ, my bad.

Hi RG!!

The link you really want is from the Index and, specifically, xn'x "official" BOINC thread.

I hope that helps??

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

... If something else is fully windowed, then it won't work. But if I manage to crack it, it'll run.

Hi RG!

I'm not sure of your statement above? One thing to check, I think, is look at Control Panel and Display from there. Check "Screensaver" - you'll *possibly* see that SETI@home has set itself as a screensaver (as it was designed to do!) which conflicts if *you* set S@h to run continuously. Simply set "Screensaver" to "None" from Display and, hopefully, you'll find S@h runs continuously then?

Playing games, however, effectively "stops" S@h from running, as it is designed to release the CPU when other appplications (like games) need the processors full "attention"!!

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thanks much Genya, that's what I really wanted to know if it quit when the Processor was being Over-Active on other Applications. I thought that, but I really couldn't see it anywhere else. I'm just glad it will run as BOINC runs, two birds with one stone.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Thanks much Genya, ...

You're most welcome RG!! We do *try* to answer questions about SETI@home (and BOINC of course!!) - it just needs a bit of time usually!!

Good luck, my friend, please let us know how you "get on"!!

new topics

top topics

join