It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who have you seen live?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

Saw Noel Gallagher do a solo acoustic set when he supported Paul Weller once, (they are big mates), top notch!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
* puts on her thinking cap*

* Pointer Sisters ( was dragged to it)
* Sheryl Crow
*O.A.R.
* Seal
* The Dead
* The Who
*Train
* Matchbox 20
*Fleetwood Mac
* Billy Joel
*Sting
* Rat Dog
*Crosby Still Nash & Young
* The Eagles
* Robert Plant
* Backstreet Boys (I took my nieces.. I SWEAR )
* Eric Clapton
*Yes
* Depeche Mode
*Psychedelic Furs
* The Pretenders
* Hughy Lewis & the News

I think that's all of them....

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

they done it because back then there was no venue in adelaide capable of holding enough fans.

stage was setup at one of the track's apex's, facing across the track and toward the grand stands as it allowed thousands to rub sweat on each other near the front of the stage, a few thousand to the sides and surrounding areas, and people went back to the grand stand area for drinks, munchies, etc.

if you ever get the chance you've gotta see them, they are the one band ive heard that are just so much better live than they are on a cd.

most other concerts i have attended (inxs at memorial drive, def leppard "in the round" at the adelaide entertainment centre) and a few others were good but nobodys live gig's ever compare to ac/dc.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Blogstalker

don't know if they are coming here but I would imagine they will stop here if they hit the US. getting tix should be easy. I recently learned that I have an untapped resource for all kinds of entertainment tickets. they aren't free but they are available. Sporting events, concerts, broadway, tv show tapings. All a phone call away.

bragger....

oh and adding to my list..... Def Leppard! seeing them very soon here in melbourne and CAN NOT WAIT!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
...more than I remember, I guess...

ZZ Top
Simple Minds
Depeche Mode
U2
Oasis
Jack Johnson
RHCP
Madonna
Pink
Coldplay
Bon Jovi
PCD
Amy Winehouse
The Stray Cats
Timbaland
30 sec to mars
Sade
Talk Talk
Marc Almond
and some Festivals...and...oh...I am getting old.........many more

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Thought I'd throw my modest list in here for good measure.

Foo Fighters
TOOL
A Perfect Circle
Deftones
Radiohead
Bob Dylan
Tom Petty
Our Lady Peace
Rockapella

Many more, but those are my favorites.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
it's great reading about the experiences ppl have had at different shows.some memorable ones i've seen

george thoroughgood.gave me an appreciation for sax i didn't have before,really goes through you live the sax.

guns & roses.outdoor at the local racetrack.was in the hills and there were bonfires everywhere,folks getting thrown up and down on blankets,everyone sharing what they had smuggled through security,really cool atmosphere.

iron maiden.was fairly gonzo'd at this one,eddie spun me out i couldn't figure out how they made him work.a 12 foot guy with really lifelike movement on stage.killer concert.

elton john.one of the first concerts i went to,and still the best.we had seats in the nosebleed section but the venue was new and they hadn't worked out the security.during the first song ppl started to move forward,a trickle became a flood and we ended up front row centre standing on the chairs.dunno where the ppl who bought those seats ended up,heh.

ac/dc.they finished with for those about to rock and had the 2 cannons either side of the stage blasting the pyro.if i was going to war i'd want to be listening to ac/dc

pink floyd.beds flying across the roof crashing into the stage,giant floating pigs,awesome multimedia everywhere,all time great music.once in a lifetime experience.

zz top.worst concert i've seen.they didn't want to be there it seemed.low volume,they appeared glued to the floor..not even a guitar spin? bah

stevie wright.saw him many times at the local pub.the extent of his "performances" were mumbling through a couple of songs then staggering into the drumkit.at the time i didn't appreciate what a legend he was..really sad.

the angels.seen them dozens of times,never a bad show.doc is a monster.

matthew sweet.doesn't like to perform live,it showed but the music was still great.

other good shows i've seen

u2
midnight oil
dire straits
dio
ratm
hoodoo gurus

a few i'd like to see are dinosaur jr,flaming lips and zeppelin

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Jesus

That is all

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Would loved to have been at Acton Town Hall, December 2002.

Acton where, i live in an Acton, and would like to know where your talking about

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

The Last Night London Burned.

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

uk.youtube.com...

Joe's reaction when he see's Mick come on stage, priceless, send's shivvers down my spine and makes the hair's on my neck stand up!

R.I.P. Joe.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

Have just posted the vid's again.
Think they are pretty self explanatory!

If you can't be arsed to watch them, fair do's, but do me a favour and don't comment on them, it's gettin a bit tedious posting the same vid's repeatedly.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
My first concert was Nickelback, and since then I've seen:

Shinedown (3 times, hah), Bullet For My Valentine, Seether, Apocalyptica, Puddle of Mudd, Finger Eleven, Hurt, Killswitch Engage, Ludo (Twice), RED, Saving Abel, Sick Puppies, Story of the Year, 10 Years, Serj Tankian, Black Tide, Coheed and Cambria. There are also a few others I can't remember.

Most of those were at festivals in St. Louis (Pointfests).

I really would like to see Slipknot, Three Days Grace, and Disturbed sometime, hopefully they'll come my way soon!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Iron Maiden !!!!
Suicidal Tendencies x 2
Alice In Chains
nirvana
Primus
Bjork (forced to go to this
)
Soundgarden
Def FX
Impaled Nazarene
Faith No More x4
Nine Inch nails
Super Groove
Body Count / Ice T
Guns and Roses
Rammstein
Marilyn Manson
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Pop Will Eat Itself
Metallica

cant remember any of the others

the Groups i wish i had seen was:
Mr bungle
Rage Against The Machine (im still spewin i missed rage !!!! )

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Joan Jet
Judas Priest
Guns n Roses
Metallica
Simon and Garfunkle (or just simon or just garfunkle)
Wolf Stone
Iron Maiden
Garth Brooks

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
went to see the godmother of punk last night PATTI SMITH!!!!!

she was beyond amazing and one i'll hold close for awhile

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Who have I seen live?
Liverpool FC. (Goes Without Saying.)
Japan.
Dead Or Alive.
Jools Holland.
Diana Ross (Don't Ask!)
Maroon 5. There New York gig was brilliant.
Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
Depeche Mode.
Paul McCartney.
Michael Jackson. Gig at Aintree Racecourse was the worst ever!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Promise not to laugh...
Here are the ones I can remember:
ELO
Motley Crue
Rush
AC/DC
King's X
Marilyn Manson
Iggy Pop

Duran Duran (and I got to meet them!)

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ezziboo]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'll try to stick to international acts that have toured here, but there are a few Aussie bands in here that many won't know.

Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Tool, Pantera, Faith No More, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, SoundGarden, Ben Harper, Phil Collins, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Helmet, Frank Black, Beastie Boys, Infectious Grooves, Suicidal Tendancies, Alice In Chains, Ice-T and Body Count, Iggy Pop. BB King.
PJ Harvey, Nick Cave, Grinderman, Mettalica, Kings of Leon, Janes Addiction, Mr Bungle, Dinosaur Jnr, The Offspring, SilverChair, INXS, U2, Rick Astley(don't ask), Billy Bragg, Monster Magnet, Deftones, Pennywise, Midnight Oil, PowderFinger, Wolfmother, Skunkanaise, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, Pop Will Eat Itself, Bruce Springsteen(three power failures and he played for three hours in Sydney to make up for the technical problems....he was incredible), GreenDay, Kyuss, Monster Magnet, the Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Jimmy Eat World, Kanye West, the Hard-Ons, Sonic Youth, You Am I, Bjork, Primus, The Jesus Lizard, Lemonheads, Shihad(pacifier name change after 9/11), The Vines, Violent Femmes, Grinspoon, Tumbleweed, Frenzel Rhomb, Regurgitator(and Pangea), Atomic Swing, TISM.....ahhh the memories......i think i'll stop there....Now i know why I am nearly deaf......hehe.

Who I'd love to see...........
Pink Floyd
Queen(RIP freddie)
Zep(even with jason bonham)
Henry rollins
dead kennedys
Stone Temple Piots
Paul McCartney(had tickets to a show in melbourne but he cancelled...arrgghh)
Jeff Buckley(rip)
Frank Zappa
Joe Satriani
Lenny Kravitz
Alicia Keys
Norah Jones
Neil Young(he is touring here in 2009....yeaha.....keep on rockin in the free world).
White Stipes
Muse

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
These are just the ones that I remember going to or being at...

Nine Inch Nails (this past summer)
Metallica (several times)
Godsmack
Limp Bizkit
DMX
Eminem
50 Cent
Lynnyrd Skynnyrd
Pink Floyd
Guns N Roses
Faith No More
Anthrax