It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40pc believe others don't belong in Australia - racism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It seems this post you could easily substitute the word Australia with the word Canada.

Everything I am reading here resembles the current Canadian "climate" (the tone, not the weather unfortunately)

I watched the city I used to live in change from white majority, where you would rarely see anything but, to visable minority where seeing a white person is now becoming rare.

there are now parts of the city you should not visit, due to the significant increase in gang activity and violent crime. All new subdivisions built are immediately bought by these same immigrants. Which is fine, however there is simply no integration. The schools, the malls the plaza's the government offices have also changed as well.

Because of this influx, our spineless liberal bleeding heart public servants/politicians. Have eliminated the freedom of wishing people "merry Christmas", it apparently offends none christians(we are supposedly a christian nation). So now its "happy holidays"

And now recently they are working on getting rid of the name Halloween, and changing it to "Black and Orange Day".

When will it end? When we have completely handed over the country. And they wonder why racism seems so high.... just keep nipping away at the peoples freedom with "politically correct" extortion.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Amen

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Prior to that point Australia considered them ferals.....and alot of them are!

Not all of them, but if you saw how they behave, how lawless they are, the crimes they commit in their communities..... you'll understand.

Not long ago on the news there were reports of family members raping nices and nephews who were very very young.....this is not the actions of civilised people, I dont care what anyone may say!

Our government gives them alot, way more than they deserve and more than they'll ever appreciate. They get housing for free, they get medical care, they get social services, hell, they even get new landcruisers from the government....and what do they do.....?????

They Trash, smash and burn everything.....and thats not because of the alcohol, this is happening in "Dry Zones", where is prohibited to even bring in any alcohol.

Those that say, we should leave them alone....yeah, in many cases we have, thats why they have turned so feral....now with Government intervention they are trying to stop these aboriginal communities destroying themselves.

More complicated than you may think.

I just wanted to say, this is the kind of thinking that is keeping us (society) where we are! How on Earth are we supposed to become a better society, a better world, if people keep thinking like this!? Don't we all want peace? Maybe instead of picking out other people's faults and judging them, we should be trying to find solutions? And yes, it is more complicated than you may think.

Our government gives them alot, way more than they deserve and more than they'll ever appreciate. They get housing for free, they get medical care, they get social services, hell, they even get new landcruisers from the government....and what do they do.....?????

A lot more than they deserve huh? Tell me, what do they deserve? Do they deserve to have their children taken away from them? Do they deserve not to be able to vote? Do they deserve to have their culture taken away from them and be forced to assimilate into white culture? Do they deserve to have their basic human rights taken away from them?....

How do you know what they deserve? Why do you think you should be the one to judge? Do you know exactly what they have gone through, what they're feeling, what they're thinking, what their problems are? Or do you not care? Is it just easier to call them ferals instead of wanting to help them sort out their problems and help them overcome the position that they're currently in and better themselves? Going around saying what people deserve is not a good habit to get into.

You know, I happen to be an Indigenous Australian and I really object to what you said. And fyi, I would also object if someone were to say something bad about "white" people that would be deemed as racist and uncalled for, just like I would for any other group of people. I just want to ask, if there were a group of "white" people acting the way those Aboriginal people (whom you call ferals) act, would you call them ferals too? Or would you call them by a different name? Considering that it's obvious that the term "feral" implies someone or something that is wild or "untamed", which could be seen as racist, if you know what I mean.

----

Seriously, all of us as humans have got to face up to the fact that we're all on this Earth together. We have got to stop blaming each other and trying to put each other down. There may not be things we like about others, but we can't let that be the end of it. We've got to find a way to get along, we've got to start helping each other. Each "race" has to stop thinking that they're better than another.

Although I'm not saying I agree with how things are now. Imo, I think Australia should stop allowing immigrants into our country until we can find a system that's going to work. And I definitely agree that people who come to this country really should learn English if they want to live or continue to live here. It just makes sense and it makes everything else a heck of a lot easier. I think we really need to become more strict in who we allow to come and live here, but at the same time allow them to live the way their culture/religion dictates AS LONG AS it doesn't go against or interfere with our laws and way of life.

Just my opinion....

[edit on 6/11/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well I've just arrived in Australia (July) from the UK...

The UK is now uttlerly ghettoized in large tracts from London up through the Midlands and up north. But if we are talking about people not integrating what about the thousands of lazy benefit-sponging chavs who infest overloaded council estates, spawning irresponsible kids who wreck state education for the majority...people don't mention them cos their white? There's alot of hard working immigrants...really HARD working...and many are terribly exploited...

So I'm real glad to be out of UK, and real glad to be in Australia, where there is still the expectation that you become Australian...whether immigrant communities ghettoize depends on how Australia manages it...

But as far as being the Lucky Country...It is

As far as the media being full of it...it is

I'm an immigrant, the fact that I'm white is immaterial...I am LUCKY to be here....

Australia...F**K YEAH!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cooperj
Well I've just arrived in Australia (July) from the UK...

The UK is now uttlerly ghettoized in large tracts from London up through the Midlands and up north. But if we are talking about people not integrating what about the thousands of lazy benefit-sponging chavs who infest overloaded council estates, spawning irresponsible kids who wreck state education for the majority...people don't mention them cos their white? There's alot of hard working immigrants...really HARD working...and many are terribly exploited...

So I'm real glad to be out of UK, and real glad to be in Australia, where there is still the expectation that you become Australian...whether immigrant communities ghettoize depends on how Australia manages it...

But as far as being the Lucky Country...It is

As far as the media being full of it...it is

I'm an immigrant, the fact that I'm white is immaterial...I am LUCKY to be here....

Australia...F**K YEAH!

We have chavs in Australia too, they are called Bogans, or Westies in Sydney (they live in Sydney’s west.

You can spot an Aussie Chav straight away, like Chavs in the UK who have their own uniform (tracksuits) so do the Aussie Chavs (Bogans), its called flannel shirts – That’s their uniform.

Most Bogans in Australia are white also and live on the dole and have several kids, they usually have mullet haircuts and wear flannel shirts.

For more details on said Bogans, just check out wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

Mikey

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_MilitiaIm a migrant myself....Ive assimilated and I reckon Im more australian in many ways than those born here......

but like you said, as long as you assimilate, and live by your new homelands rules, way if life, speak its language, I got no problem, if you cant abide by that go back home!

Somewhere back your idealism was missing. I wonder what the original Australians, the Aborigines, would say about you and all the other foreigners not doing any of those noble acts of which you speak. Instead, they imposed their own rules, crushed the language, culture, and way of life, and pretended that the host people were not people at all, which they must have known was terribly wrong well before 1967.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Being an american .. an natural white born american ... I believe most..if not all immigrants here should conform to our values and standards ..

This is the land of the 'free' BUT I dont have the time nor the will to learn spanish, french, or anything that would make it harder for me to respect someone who doesnt respect me or my beliefs.

Call me a racist, patriot or what ever .. dont hate me because im willing to say what others wont

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Being an american .. an natural white born american ... I believe most..if not all immigrants here should conform to our values and standards ..

This is the land of the 'free' BUT I dont have the time nor the will to learn spanish, french, or anything that would make it harder for me to respect someone who doesnt respect me or my beliefs.

Call me a racist, patriot or what ever .. dont hate me because im willing to say what others wont

Without repeating myself, I am not able to believe your sincerity in those views when your forbears did the opposite too. Conforming to the values and standards of locals was the last thing on their minds. Why did you specify you are white... in between natural and american... that is why I would suspect you have racist views. Respect does not work like that either. Showing respect does not come from or rely on other peoples actions, only your own. We clearly disagree.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
reply to post by tezzajw

Read the first sentence!

"Forty percent of AUSTRALIANS beleive.....". Now that should be obvious to you that this justifies my previous statement.

Where has all of our basic understanding and use of common sense, reasoning, scientific method, logical deduction, rational thinking and critical analysis gone...
You justify nothing and may be dead wrong in your baseless wild speculation. Is it not possible that the 60% polled who support immigration are all non-white... or half of them so.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
the biggest problem face by newly arrived immigrants is that we shuffle them off to areas where people of similar background live, we unintentionally create a ghetto society for these people, rather than try and intergrate them into the wider community, they are pidgeon holed.

people as people will seek out similar groups to themselves, you can see this by the groups and churches that spring up around the place, something familiar in a country full of less than tolerant people.

if we as aussies smiled more and invited in our neighbours for a beer, we would find less problems and more acceptance.

kids do it naturally, adults find it harder.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Interestingly the conversation has centered on how certain 'immigrant' groups are not 'assimilating' into Australian 'culture'. Firstly, what is Australian culture: 'vegemite', 'beer', 'prawns on the barbie'....this is not culture . These are mainstream media throwaways that people cling to some inalienable cultural truths out of a pure lack of a definitive Australian identity. Australia is a young nation, and I think the focus should be on ensuring that concepts such as democratic values, and patriotism to Australia should not the focus for national debate not some bizzare cultural notions centered around shallow so called cultural concepts.

Further, for new Australians to be motivated to come into the mainstream, those people also need to feel included into the broader Australian identity. It all very well to put the onus on new groups to "assimilate", however the onus should also be on the broader popluation to ensure this occurs - so Australia, as a fellow Australian, wake up...the world has moved on!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join