It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Exposes That America Will Attack Iran From Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
"RUSSIA EXPOSES THAT AMERICA WILL ATTACK IRAN FROM GEORGIA!" ?
This is the headline that screams from a youtube video posted by "thesaviorcomesnow"The question I am asking is, can this really be true? The video is from a bible basher ,however the first part is very intresting indeed, and comes from the RT News channel . www.youtube.com...

Please don't bother watching the rest of the video after the RT clip.

This is a previous thread about the the same thing only Israel is in the frame, started on the 9 Apr 2008 , before the war even broke out.
"Georgia airfields earmarked for war on Iran " www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was this the plan all along? What do you guys think.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by tarifa37]

Mod Edit: All caps to Title case.

[edit on 28/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
1. Your headline is totally misleading.

"The US may use Georgia's airfields to strike Iran" is not the same like "Russia exposes bla bla".

2. Try killing your caps lock button, it anoying.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It is all depending on what will happen. A strike on Iran would be really dumb in view of the current crisis. I am keeping an open mind and think that on the military side nothing will happen, for now. However, I do think that under the cover of the current crisis a great opportunity has arisen to place the military strategically (and Georgia is surely that) for such an attack in the future. Not only on Iran but also on Russia if the need is ever there.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente
1. Your headline is totally misleading.

"The US may use Georgia's airfields to strike Iran" is not the same like "Russia exposes bla bla".

2. Try killing your caps lock button, it anoying.

LOL, its not my headline its the headline on the video.I just cut and pasted it.This thread is about that video so I used their headline. Thanks anyway.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Man what a grumpy tool! Big deal caps lock is on, and if you bother reading instead of criticising you'll find the headline is appropriate and not misleading. Go watch tv, reading's obviously not your strong point.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
Man what a grumpy tool! Big deal caps lock is on, and if you bother reading instead of criticising you'll find the headline is appropriate and not misleading. Go watch tv, reading's obviously not your strong point.

Yes it is indeed a big deal, because reading is my "strong point" and those "newbie-all_caps_on-sensational-!!!_???-blabla" topic threads are not bothering only me, but all regular members.

And yes, the headline is misleading, because I didn't hear (or see) in the video how exactly Russia is exposing that the US will attack Iran from Georgia.

Obviosly watching provided video links isn't your strong point, otherwise you would be on the same opinion

About the thread: It's quite hard to think about the US attacking Iran from Georgia. It simly makes no sense - they have bases in Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey etc - why use Georgia? Maybe they will use them for supplies.
Georgia is just a geopolitical move adressed to Russia.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well, to be perfectly honest with you, what is right next to Iran?
Ummm Iraq?

Why would they need to bother using Georgia?
And then there is Israel who have many airfields.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
As I have said the thread is about the video posted on Youtube by "thesaviorcomesnow" And that is the headline to the video and it appears in large cap(check it out www.youtube.com... ), I have added a ? because I am asking is this true. I am sorry if I have annoyed any readers as that was not my intention.

Thankyou absente for your comment,and yes why would they use Georgia when they have bases in Iraq and Afghanistan etc. It would seem that if the video is to be believed that it is to give additional logistic support for air operations in that area.Prehaps if the US was to attack Iran then I think they may want more than one base to operate from as this may give them a better chance of completing the operation, even if one base is targeted or destroyed by Iran .Is it a case of "Don't put all your eggs in one basket " ?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Interestinggg raised an interesting point
. Georgia does not have mutual border with Iran. Iraq and Afghanistan do. So why this obsession with US and Georgia connection? Russian info wars?
I could understand suggestion that Israel might use Georgian air fields for Iranian strike. It is logical, though i doubt Georgians will agree to that. But US? With forces on both sides of Iran and air carriers group - assumption that it will need to use Georgian airfields is very misleading. I mean - the more airbases the merrier but with Russia near by no one will make important strike missions while being observed.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This has been mentioned before in a discussion of the recent Georgia War, and was largely dismissed as a false rumor. As people have mentioned on this thread - Georgia is not particularly convenient for attacking Iran, and using Georgian airfields doesn't make a lot of sense given that U.S. is already occupying Iraq and Afghanistan. Armenia and Azerbaijan both lie between Georgia and Iran. Armenia, being Iran's political and economic partner, would never allow use of their airspace. Azerbaijan is highly unlikely to do so either.

Furthermore after the recent conflict Russia is closely monitoring Georgia and U.S. actions there. A build-up on Georgian airfields is guaranteed not to go unnoticed.

So I think it is pretty safe to dismiss this rumor as false and unrealistic.

new topics

top topics

join