It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US-Russian Deal Lets Iran's Nuclear Bomb Programme Off The Hook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

US-Russian Deal Lets Iran's Nuclear Bomb Programme Off The Hook

www.prisonplanet.com

US-Russian deal lets Iran’s nuclear bomb program off the hook

DEBKAfile
Saturday, Sept 27, 2008

Friday, Sept. 26, 2008 was the day the policy pursued by Ehud Olmert, Tzipi Livni and Shimon Peres, of reliance on the international community to stop Iran developing a nuclear bomb, sank without a trace. The international community declined to adopt fresh economic sanctions to rein in an increasingly defiant Tehran.

A deal between the US and Russia in New York sealed a very brief non-sanctions draft reaffirming previous council decisions for the five permanent Security Council members and Germany to table. It also called for Iran’s compliance.

This ignored the reality of Iran openly flouting all three previous sanctions resolutions: Tehran continues to enrich uranium, reprocess plutonium, build nuclear-capable missiles and stonewall on International Atomic Energy Agency’s questions and inspections.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uk.reuters.com

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Found this article yesterday, it's also on Reuters. No-one appears to have posted yet so I thought I'd put it up. I'm not sure quite what to make of this most recent development in the Iran bomb programme issue - it occured to me they may not be bothering with any further sanctions because Iran never listens anyway and why waste ones time over all that paperwork when they perhaps plan to attack in the near future anyway?

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's more likely that there's no more support for sanctions, since all of the intelligence agencies are in agreement that Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapons program anymore. They've been monitored constantly by the IAEA and they haven't found Iran doing anything that warrants sanctions either.

new topics

join