It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is RATS worth the 5000 points?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Do I learn anything new there? Like how to defend myself on the streets or something? Or is it just going to be more of "I was attacked by an alien?" Seriously, I seem to be losing interest in ATS, right now.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I had a thread discussing Medical Marijuana moved to the RATS forum. From what I can tell it is still being replied to but I haven't spent the 5000 points to continue in my own thread yet.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I am not 'points' driven in any way but I have never been tempted to 'purchase' RATS.

I understand that matters discussed there are free from Google searches etc I just find the fact that there is a 'secret' members only section on a site devoted to 'Denying Ignorance' and openness as quite bizarre.

Still, each to their own, I know there are some members who really enjoy RATS.

[edit on 28/9/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Good point.

I imagine it has it's own toilets.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
maybe i am mistaken, but access to RATS is not 5000 points. Only 250....a complete bargain.

It's ok in there actually. The threads that are good in there are REALLY good.

In my humble opinion of course.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Sorry but the irony is rather annoying.

The thing that bugs me is that you're only allowed a months membership.

edit: nope, excuse me i'm wrong

[edit on 28-9-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Reply to's playing up. To Geek101:

Just checked, 5000/month.

If you've been there, is it worth it?

[edit on 28/9/2008 by Sendran]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ignoring the drug related threads, RATS is well worth the points. Some of the best threads - by the best members - are located in Really AboveTopsecret

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Reply to's playing up. To Infinite:

How do you keep amassing enough points to stay in month after month? Or do gain unlimited access with ATS affiliation through expert status?

If some of the best threads are in there, how can we "deny ignorance" if we can't access the information?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Rats is not worth it. It used to be until about a year ago when it turned into 80% marijuana and drug threads.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The initial purchase for access to RATS is 5,000 points. Thereafter, it is 250 points a month to retain access.

For more information regarding this forum please review this link:
The Really Above Top Secret Forum

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Thanks for the clarification on the points.

What's this about Marijuana related threads in there? Are topics like this not allowed on ATS?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

thats why there in RATS

Edit
Any members that purchases entry to RATS do not use the combined ATS /BTS points feature if you do not have enough BTS points doing so will give you a negative BTS point count.
Use the drop-down tab in the ATS Store that will allow you to use ATS points only, or BTS points only or combined points.

[edit on 28/9/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran
Reply to's playing up. To Geek101:

Just checked, 5000/month.

If you've been there, is it worth it?

i swear, when i go to my member centre, it says 250 for months access.
I have paid for it several times and i never had that many points to spend 5000 again and again.

its worth 250, yeah, but if it had been 5000, then i probably wouldn't have bothered after the first time

edit...just saw maria_stardust's reply about the first month being 5000....sorry for the mistake

[edit on 28-9-2008 by geek101]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
if you want to talk about drugs, then it's worth the 5000 points.

otherwise, not so much.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Seems a bit odd that we discuss mass murder, conspiracies mastered by people with horrific agendas but we cannot discuss drugs, except in RATS.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
what else are you going to use your points for?? I mean, I really value the opinions and kudos of Mods that have given me applause. I really mean that....... I appreciate the nod of the head toward posts I have made.

But what else would I use them for? A more shiny AV? A title? [not rackng on those that have used it for such]..... More U2U capacity?

I think RATS is what we make it. I am even now working on a post to try to contribute to it. I am glad I used my 5,000 initial points.

Are there Earth-shattering things in there? Yes. I think so, especially if one takes the time to root through the archives. I want to know stuff. I want to know what other people think about things. In that sense, it's a wealth of information, as well as some really well-thought-out posts.

It's either that, or aspire to being the King/Queen of total ATS points.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I think RATS is what we make it. I am even now working on a post to try to contribute to it.

Exactly!

ATS is composed of purely user-generated content. The better the contribution members make to this site, the better the site.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

IF you contribute to the community in a proper, respectful and successful way then points are not a problem.

Certain topics are in RATS for a reason - I would never publicly share my sources and nor would others too.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<<   2 >>

join