It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman unable to open eyes 3 days a week: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Woman unable to open eyes 3 days a week: report

www.abc.net.au

An Australian woman is blind three days out of every six because her eyes involuntarily shut and she cannot open them, a report has said.

The woman's mysterious medical condition has left doctors puzzled.

Natalie Adler, who experts believe may be the only person in the world with this condition, said she has had this medical predicament since she was 17.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Now that is a weird condition, it sounds psychosomatic, but far be it from me to imply they are in anyway self inflicted.

What type of toxin or disease could cause someone's eyes to shut periodically like that? Maybe it's an environmental reaction to electromagnetic radiation?

"She's a one-off and we don't have a diagnosis," said Professor Justin O'Day of the hospital's neuro-ophthalmology department.

"It's unusual to see somebody with this degree of spasming and eyelid closure, especially at this age. There is no known cause."

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
its that freaking god machine again up to no good,i know how he works,he finds these things highly amusing.
3 days,out of 7 being the clue,he likes to work that way,with signs.

i would suggest shielding her from electromagnetism,she will find it suddenly stops and she can open her eyes.

hes out of control,arnt you

he needs a spanking!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
That is nuts! lol, weirdest condition I've ever seen.

Was thinking, do we use muscles in our eye lids to close or open our eyes? I'd lean towards opening, as we sleep with our eyes shut, so I'm guessing thats relaxed. Then again, I use to hang round with a lad who fell a kip with his eyes open, that was crazy, lol.

EMM

Edit: Star and flag for utter madness.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am curious as to the 7th day. Is she half blind on that day?

2nd line blah blahs

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Is this true? Or is the sly old dog just pulling the wool over her employers
I might have too try this, sounds like a plan. Working three days a week and four off

Seriously, very strange indeed. I can't think for the life of me, why this would happen to anybody. I suppose it's a good time to be idle though.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Odd type of:

Guillain-Barré Syndrome

or

Myasthenia Gravis

Not a classic type, but might be a variant. Having said that istm psychosomatic or at least that plus environmental. (allergic?)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'd put her on a psychedelic , and see if it still happens.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Its all in her head...nothing physically wrong with her at all. Sounds like she has created a habit...the mind is powerful..and if you become used to doing something, or thinking it, it happens....I bet if on one of her "lid lock" days someone smacked her upside the head or poked her in the arse with a pin those babies would open right up..lol

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I originally thought it would be in her head, especially given she said it started the night before a final exam; sounds stress induced for sure. But it has been going so long and the symptoms are very much physical with the eyes actually swelling shut.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There's a point on the psychosomatic path where you question "okay is it gone?", and it comes up because you were looking to see if it's there, and then you go "oh no it's not really in my head!"

And it'll happen everytime unless you figure out what you're doing.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
she needs matches
blah blah

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

When Ms Adler's eyes are closed, she cannot see at all except through a small slit in her left eye. On the days when they are open, she can see clearly but her left eyelid droops.

new topics

top topics

join