Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

NEWS: Hamas names Two New Leaders; Israel will Target Hamas Leaders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Do a little reasearch into what the average Palestinian civilian has to endure every single waking hour of their daily lives and maybe you'll get a clearer picture of what it's all about.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well dubiousone, what the Palestinian's are doing is certainly not helping their situations, correct?
So why continue?
I mean afterall, it is against the beliefs of Islam to commit suicide, again, correct?

IMHO, and as some articles have mentioned, taking this guy out allows the Palestinian Authority more of a say on matters with the Palestinian people versus a religious leader who twisted and warped Islamic law to suit his agenda and own interpretations?
Dude, if you sanction the use of suicide bombings and the subsequent call and use of women and children into this "martyrdom" program, you need to be taken out.....
I'm actually wondering why it took so long?

seekerof

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
dubiousone: Israel has been armed by the US since it's creation due to pre-announced attacks, attempted invasions, and general violence which started almost immediately upon the declaration of Israel's existence.

Bad "policies" are not an acceptable excuse for mass murder. Bad policy makers are not responsible for mass murder by others. The perpetrators who target civilians are responsible for their actions, and those actions are totally out of the purview of civilized society.

Can you imagine Tibetans fighting the Chinese that way? China has occupied Tibet since 1949, not allowing free spiritual practice, oppressing the Tibetans in countless ways. How come the Tibetans aren't sending suicide bombers into the Chinese enclaves?

I SUBMIT TO YOU ALL:

The Palestinian people could achieve all that they want (except the destruction of Israel), by announcing and following through with a 6 month moratorium on all attacks. The entire world (except for radical Islam) hungers for peace. World pressure on Israel would be overwhelming, and deals would be struck. Diplomats would come in from many nations to represent the Palestinians if they made such a reaching out for peace. Foreign aid would pour into the Palestinians. They would have the life they deserve as humans, simply by stopping the attacks.

The "intolerable" Palestinian situation cannot be dated back any furthur than 1948, before then there was no Israel. Three short years before that, Jews were being burned in ovens. Now, that's what I call intolerable. Black people in America were enslaved, owned as property for over 200 years, with only one notable uprising, which killed 18 whites, if memory serves.

The lousy life led by Palestinians is due to the poor "policies" of their extremist factions. The moderates need to clean their own house, negotiate a Palestinian state, and move on. The extremists prefer the suffering of their people, if Palestinians lived decently for a few years, with autonomy and a country to call their own, more of them would lose the desire to destroy Israel.

And there is the root of the "Palestinian Problem." It's not intolerable conditions, it's blind hatred, fed by a radical minority, ruining the lives of the majority.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by kricket]

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by kricket]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Excellent post, Kricket!

They weren't born with blind hatred. Your solution might work if both sides gave it a chance. How do you implement it?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thanks dubiousone: Step one requires Arafat making a deal with Hamas and the other Pal radical groups to try the moratorium. Now is the perfect opportunity to shock the world, since everyone is braced for attacks.

You see, Israel cannot be pressured by violence, since that gives Israel an excuse to answer in kind. But, how does Israel answer----no violence? At this point, even 90 days of announced peace would

The latest intifada has been fought for a little over 3 years. Why not take a 6 month break? There is always the option of violence again if progress is not made.

All this is predicated on Arafat and the rest of the militants accepting the existence of Israel in order to gain life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and a Palenstinain state.

What the Paestinians haven't learned is this:

If they were a recognized state, the UN would protect them. They would have standing for grievances in the World Court. There are many countries in the UN which would support them, but they must become a recognized state to enjoy the protections offered to such countries.

I won't hold my breath, blue skin is not attractive...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The problem is that the Palestineans could have had all that and more, had Arafat signed on the dotted line.

The only conclusion seems to be true. I never believed it until 1999.

The Palestinians care more about the elimination of the Israeli state than the creation of their own.

Arafat knows he can't govern, and if there were a normal state, he would responsible for delivering prosperity and services, and he would be impeached and probably sent to prison for all the graft and theft that he and his buddies have done. And maybe, even after all these years, he still believes just as he did in 1970 that the Jews should be obliterated. Saddam and Hamas and Islamic Jihad are just more open about it.

"Peace will come when the Arabs love their children more than they hate us." --- Golda Meir

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
mbkennel: I agree with you. The moderate Palestinians must expunge Arafat, Hamas, etc. from positions of power.

Palestinians must embrace diplomacy, take a few temporary lumps, and build for the future.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well, to those who support suicide attacks and killing of civillians, you deserve to be sent over to Israel. Then when you get blown up while grocery shopping, tell me the Israel people don't have the right to kill a terrorist leader far worse than Osama Bin Laden.

People, only way to solve this is to stop holding Israel back. Israel has fought several wars, and won every time. Remember the 7 days war? Where THEY WERE ATTACKED! and in the end not only fought off the attack but lead a successful counter attack in which they gained land. You know what happened? The damn Arabs whined and cried and said israel should give the land back! WTF! It would be like after America beat Mexico in the American Mexican war, Mexico cried and said we should give Texas, Arizona, NM, and the other land back. When we didn't? Mexico sent in suicide bombers and killed the civillians.

This is sad when Israel kills a terrorist and people cal for the death of Israel. And people who say not all of palestinians support Hamas? Who was it in the streets calling for attacks on Israel I saw on tv? Didn't look like a couple extremists, more like entire cities of people going out to call for the death of Israel.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
dubiousone: Looks like some Palestinians are thinking along my lines, check this out:

ap.tbo.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I used to believe that Palistinians were getting a really raw deal and they probably were. Israel is pretty hardcore and probably isn't a very pleasant neighbor. I have since come to believe that nothing justifies what the Palistinians have been doing. I think they are the ones who won't end it and they do in fact mean to drive Israel into the sea.

They are stupid. They could have had Peace long ago.

I say let Israel take out who they need to. End it and let those who will make peace come on into the 21st century with the rest of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join