It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now you have to believe this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
All right everyone, there is a divided opinion between most of the people regarding global warming, and whether it is man made or natural phenomenon. Well now I have evidence that it is man made and it is destroying the earth as you read this post.

One of the consequences of global warming will be the melting of the ice caps in the arctic and antarctic, the antarctic has still lots of ice left so, there is no concentration on that and so all eyes are on the arctic. Based on recent data from the University of Colorado's National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) in Boulder, Colo. the ice levels are at the lowest in recorded history.

That's 0.86 million square miles below the average minimum extent recorded from 1979 to 2000, according to NSIDC. Contributing to the near-record sea ice minimum in 2008 was a month-long period in the summer that saw the fastest-ever rate of seasonal retreat during that period. From August 1 to August 31, NASA data show that arctic sea ice extent declined at a rate of 32,700 square miles per day, compared to a rate of about 24,400 square miles per day in August 2007. Since measurements began, the arctic sea ice extent has declined at an average rate of 19,700 miles per day at the point when the extent reaches its annual minimum. Observations of changes to sea ice over time are possible due to a 30-year record of data from NASA and other agency satellites, including Nimbus-7, Aqua, Terra and the Ice, Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite (ICESat).

www.nasa.gov...

So, the ice levels are at the lowest in history and other factors proving this are the recent unusual strength of hurricanes like Ike which battered USA and the recent series of hurricanes battering the east coast of china and taiwan and philippines.

And added to that the ice melted in arctic to allow ships to move through the region, isnt this data enough to prove that the global warming is man made.

And to further clarify, some might state, that the earth in its life time has undergone lots of heating and cooling, but consider the fact that those took millions of years to occur and this is occuring in nearly a century.

So, I would like to hear from you all.

[edit on 28/9/08 by peacejet]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
And added to that the ice melted in arctic to allow ships to move through the region, isnt this data enough to prove that the global warming is man made.

Nope, all that is proof of is that mankind was around at a tech level to have ships at the time that the ice had melted-the existence of ships in the region by itself has no causal relationship link.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Actually, and it pains me to agree with Sarah Palin on anything, there is now evidence that it is happening on the other planets in the solar system. Recent data shows a 3 degree increase on the outer planets. This has been attributed to the lack of solar winds, which cause the magnetospheres to weaken and let in more solar radiation, thus warming the planets. I do agree that we are not helping the problem, but the root cause for it is not us.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
What all these global warming studies forget as a variable in there theories is the normal cycle of the Earth. the Earth cools and warms in 50-100+ year cycles. Same with the weather we have decades of relatively calm weather then decades of increased weather.

I will agree however that humans have helped speed up the warming cycle by burning fossil fuels and the such. But we are not the cause of "global Warming" we are a variable in it.

[edit on 9/28/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Unfortunately, you could lay out enough evidence to sufficiently paper a forest of homes from coast to coast and back... People see what they want to see. Currently most people accept that a tree can have an impact on the atmosphere, but humans? No way. We're too small. The earth is just so huge…any influence we may have just gets swallowed up, insignificant.

We’re absolutely miniscule. Yeah.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Global warming could be natural, but pollution is not. It very misleading to keep talking about the warming, but not many seems to draw attention to the pollution. It is certainly man made, so it is therefore swept under the carpet, while people keep arguing in irrelevanties.

-v

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Actually, and it pains me to agree with Sarah Palin on anything, there is now evidence that it is happening on the other planets in the solar system. Recent data shows a 3 degree increase on the outer planets. This has been attributed to the lack of solar winds, which cause the magnetospheres to weaken and let in more solar radiation, thus warming the planets. I do agree that we are not helping the problem, but the root cause for it is not us.

Absolutely true.

Everyone who is buying into "green" needs to do some research, and see where there money is really going . . .

I ain't buyin it. .

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I didn't say we weren't contributing to the problem, just that we are not the root cause. CO2 levels are still excessive, and we are the cause of that. Going green will help the problem, so it's still a good idea.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Well now I have proof that it is man made

You should be very careful with your use of that word on ATS my friend

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Actually, and it pains me to agree with Sarah Palin on anything, there is now evidence that it is happening on the other planets in the solar system.

Well if it's any conciliation we have been talking about that for a while now, probably before Palin

There was a great thread on solar warming a while back but I can't recall who made it?...

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siblin
Unfortunately, you could lay out enough evidence to sufficiently paper a forest of homes from coast to coast and back... People see what they want to see. Currently most people accept that a tree can have an impact on the atmosphere, but humans? No way. We're too small. The earth is just so huge…any influence we may have just gets swallowed up, insignificant.

We’re absolutely miniscule. Yeah.

As you say trees have a impact on the atmpsphere, but the tree itself is affected by humans for growing crops and producing paper. And you say that the earth is huge and any influence of us gets swallowed up, then what is the light pollution in the image you have posted, it is caused by small humans, but it impacts the large earth.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Well now I have proof that it is man made

You should be very careful with your use of that word on ATS my friend

Ooops sorry, typed that in a hurry.

This is not a one liner.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Maybe they thought experimentally based science wasn't going anywhere, like an unhappy marriage, not providing enough fulfillment in their lives, not enough recognition.

What ever the reason, climate science is now climate scientism.

The difference between science and scientism is not one that you will find anthropogenic CO2 advocates dwelling on, which is to be expected.

Shoot an arrow into a tree, then paint a target around it. That's scientism.

Paint a target on a tree then shoot an arrow at it. That's science.

No energy exchange system can have the exchange only in one direction. CO2 must have a global cooling role which you will never see talked about.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by undermind]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Peacejet, pretend that I understand all that, then re-read my post. I'm not against the idea of man-made climate change. Does that help you understand the point?

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Siblin]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siblin
Peacejet, pretend that I understand all that, then re-read my post. I'm not against the idea of man-made climate change. Does that help you understand the point?

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Siblin]

Ok, fine, no problem at all, Iam very sorry if that disturbed you, I just wanted to show some evidence for man made global warming.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

I'm sure the Ice field cores taken from Greenland show that the Earth has , in its history , undergone dramatic changes in temperature over much shorter periods like 1 year . Link

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Even if we were the sole cause to global warming, and not a single thing else was contributing, it still doesn't mean the end of the Earth, just the end of us, eventually, hundreds if not more years later. Do you really think the planet is going to magically explode when we reach a certain level of pollution? We'll start dying off, ecosystems may collapse, that's hardly the end of the world, for as we know, many ecosystems have collapsed plenty of times before and the Earth has just adjusted herself and fixed her levels when the threat was wiped out. Don't flatter yourselves into thinking we can destroy a planet.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i believe it is not we the people creating global warming, like one said on here already, we are not the cause, we contribute to it. the mayan calendar cycles, earths normal cycles, are the contributer to global warming. we are just in the earths cycle that causes global warming. the mayans have the oldest known calendar that track these cycles and our govt knows about it. the truth about this hopefully will not make people pollute more. our world needs clean. clean is good for you and makes you happy.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
1. Absolutely no correclation between CO2 Concentration and temp rise
2. Hockey stick chart has no relevance with proven facts
3. Planet temperature has been cooling since 1998
4 Most everyone agrees that solar activity tends to direct climate change
5. NASA and many other seem to predict 30+ years of global cooling

For a variety of reasons, it is imperative for the US to separate the politics and the science of global warming and move on. Global warming is largely very poor science which threatens even worse legislation. Al Gore should be ashamed of himself for thrusting this stuff on everyone and then doing his utmost to stifel debate.

new topics

top topics

join