It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Richard Clarke Fights Back Against White House Attacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You both have made strong contributions to the thread.

Most importantly missed: While it is going to be viewed as melodrama by some Bush supporters, I think Clarke deserves much respect for acknowledging that the government failed and apologizing to the families in attendance.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have to agree with those who declare we would not have shot down the planes BEFORE the the WTC towers fell.

It was an unthinkable action. The reality is we would never have dreamed they would plow 2 huge jets into our buildings like they did.

I remember quite clearly that morning, everyone in the news and myself included, beleived a small private plane had ROYALLY screwed up and ran into the WTC, until we got site of the hole and the second jet hit the other building.

There would have been NO incentive to take such drastic action until the second jet hit making it very clear that this was an organized attack. By the time the second jet hit the other two were well on there way to the Pentagon or the field in PA.

Imagine the panic/distraction of seeing the New York Skyline filling with smoke from the two towers that must've ensued in Air Traffic Control and Military posts accross the nation.

It is my contention that the only plane we had a chance to blow out of the sky would've been the Pentagon jet, but that would've required superhuman speed and near ESP senses...

m...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hello Springer,

And thank you for your opinion. However, I must disagree that no one envisoned the possibility. In fact as of 06/01/01 we had fail safes in place for just such a scenario. Please visit the below link.

www.dtic.mil...

And now please tell me why the failsafe was not initiated when four commercial jets went off course and out of contact all at ounce.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hello Tut:

I just read that link and the ONLY destruction authorization I see in it is for UNMANNED Derelict Aircraft.

I saw nothing about a populated commercial being shot out of the sky...

Did I miss it?

m...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Hello and Thank You Springer,

For pointing that out. The entire directive is applicable only to military craft or government contracted civilian airliners, not commercial flights and contains no guidelines for shooting down occupied craft. I am sure there are guidelines and scenarios for taking out commercial airliners, when I discover them I will post them somewhere.
This thread is about Mr. Clarke, right now I am not sure how it drifted over to NORAD and shooting down commercial air craft

tut tut

oh well

top topics

<< 1   >>

join