It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Struggling to survive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Because of George Bush, my parents are struggling to survive. My dad lost his weekly bonus at work and sometimes he's only able to work four days a week because of this recession.

I give my parents some money once a month but they're still struggling. My mom is having to use the little spending money she has to pay bills. They're barely able to make it.

If things get worse, my dad may be out of a job altogether and he may go under. Bush may have high hopes of getting us out of this recession but I have serious doubts.

Bush got us into this recession and many people like my dad are suffering. I doubt that John McCain can end this recession either.

Bush's dad also got us in a recession and it took a democrat to get us out of it. Republican Presidents tend to get us into recessions. Democrat Presidents don't.

President Hoover was a republican and he was the President when the Great Depression began. At the moment George Bush is as popular as Hoover and that's not very popular.

I doubt that McCain can do a better job than Bush. On November the 4th Obama is going to be my choice.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyjohnson

Firstly I sympathise with you and your parents but I think this is more of a problem than politics.

have a read at my thread here to give you a start on your road to some truth (in my opinion) and chose to believe or not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the best with your struggles.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyjohnson

Nothing amuses the Major more than the invoking of a buzzword, particularly when the buzzword is used without any understanding of it. The Major couldn't help but note that you used the word recession six times. The major would like the documentation that demonstrates two consecutive quarters of negative GDP that would signify a recession. The Major won't even dignify the reference to the Great Depression, it being gratuitous at best. The Major is a bit of a old codger, but a wily one, and can't help but think there's a ulterior motive for your post. The Major wonders if this might be one of those newfangled viral things that's plaguing the internets these days.

For the record, the Major really likes BUSH.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is the first time I have came across your ramblings and they make no sense other than to make a political point that you support the current government.

The op is referring to experience and if you cannot see that then you may as well eat your keyboard for the words you waste your time typing into the form of a paragraph mean nothing other than stale wind passing by someone elses nose.

The term media brainwashing springs to mind reading your post.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I read your story. It's fascinating, like something out of a movie. I admire you for refusing to compromise your values for monetary comfort. After all, the only thing that really belongs to you is your soul. They can't take that away from you unless you give it to them, and you resisted. You passed the test. That's where the real wealth of a human being lies.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
You are the first person to compliment me with the things I have said and for that I thank you.

It inspires me to see that someone agrees but my experience was not like a movie as such but more like financial hell at the time I was offered this so called opportunity.

In short thanks for taking the time.

top topics

join