It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun check points in New York now a reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Gun check points in NY now a reality

www.lohud.com

With the support of the county police, the county probation department, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority police, Yonkers police and the New York City police, officers will stop cars and talk to drivers about antiviolence, the Mount Vernon and county gun programs and even ask if people are carrying illegal firearms,
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 083030p://pmvpm by yenko13]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The New world order is in effect watch you guns now , This is the last step into the Abyss , People on this forum warned about this and here it is , They are up and going people, They say its because of Violent gun crimes , But the FBI says all violent crimes are way down , There are many agencies working on this seems like a test run for a bigger program

www.lohud.com

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I can't imagine the MTA and NYPA or NYPD participating because guns are illegal within NYC limits. The MTA isn't even a law-enforcement agency, it's a public transit department. Aside from the highly questionable legality, asking people if they're packing illegally (unless they specifically state that people are not required to answer) seems to violate the 5th Amendment, which I'm sure many people aren't even aware of. On the other hand it's no secret that if you are carrying illegally and the cop finds out after you denied it, you're in deep s***. So much for the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
5th Amendment is out the window on these stops , When a cop ask you a question and you don't answer that's probable cause, Your noncompliant , This will lead to an arrest

And then they will check your car for what ever, The 2d Amendment is also out the window on these stops if you got a gun your getting hassled no matter what , They any taking no shorts better be 100% legal and your still getting hassled

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yenko13

The New world order is in effect watch you guns now , This is the last step into the Abyss , People on this forum warned about this and here it is , They are up and going people, They say its because of Violent gun crimes , But the FBI says all violent crimes are way down , There are many agencies working on this seems like a test run for a bigger program

www.lohud.com

Yes its much better to have illegal guns on the streets than not.

/retarded.

What does this have to do with the NWO again? Please. You have to register your gun. NOTHING is changing for a legal gun owner. You are already required to register the gun. you are already required to carry your permit to conceal, and you are already required to inform an officer that pulls you over that you are packin' heat as they say.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
They've been running police checkpoints in my state for quite sometime now.

First they got you to accept DUI checkpoints for you own safety and people complied. Now they are looking for drug runners, terrorists & illegal aliens, but along they way their arresting bad criminals (lol) who haven't paid those traffic fines for chatting on the telephone or not wearing a seat belt, so that usually equals a suspended license and maybe even a bench warrant so you're subject to arrest by the king's soldiers until you pay your taxes.

Gun check points don't surprise me at all. Welcome to the NWO - most the population is acting like sheeple. I complained to my Governor.

The reality is they are revenue extortion checkpoints in order to overpay themselves and grow their syndicate - if you don't comply you will be kidnapped, booked, beaten & robbed by their criminal organizations.

People are Protesting about the checkpoints by the feds in my state.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Actually in NY (and most if not all states) only handguns and special restriction weapons have to registered. You can carry rifles and shotguns so long as they're locked up.

I think the issue is more of the fact that you're being stopped without probable cause or reasonable suspicion. The average citizen with no gun will be stopped, which isn't really police work at all, but a dragnet (poor excuse for police work anyway, and a very poor excuse for gun control). It's just like the DUI stops, creating a climate of fear even among the innocent. I don't know about you but I hate getting stopped by cops for any reason, the encounter is never pleasant, whether you're being investigated or not. Any decent lawyer will tell you dealing with cops for any reason is to be avoided at all costs, as anything you say to them and your behavior can be used as evidence against you at any point in the future, but can in no way help you.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This will end as it always does. Someone will take this to the Supreme Court and they will rule it is constittutional and then everyone will be doing it. This is the beginning of the end.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

Yes of course. you dont have to register a rifle. You of course have to follow the laws regarding them either way. Anyone that doesent know the laws regarding them doesent need to be carrying one. laws vary from state to state. In my state you cant have it loaded or in the cockpit.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
What does this have to do with the NWO again? Please. You have to register your gun. NOTHING is changing for a legal gun owner. You are already required to register the gun. you are already required to carry your permit to conceal, and you are already required to inform an officer that pulls you over that you are packing' heat as they say.

You make my point for me , After all those requirements that you mentioned . Now you are required to pull over for no apparent reason and get questioned about you gun activity and maybe get you guns confiscated if you don't have the answer they want , I am a gun owner and travel with one , I don't want the police checking my car because I have a hunting rifle and some shells , They are gonna start taking guns at these check points and some of them will be legit take that to the bank, When they started the seat belt road blocks people got caught up in all kinds of felonies and misdemeanors,Then they went right to DWI and REGISTRATION and INSPECTION, People started getting there car taking away , Now they are up to GUN CHECKS , and they will take the guns away You know whats next PEOPLE CHECKS , And they will take the people away , But first they have to take your guns ,lets go right the heart of the matter that's the NWO connection

[edit on 043030p://amvam by yenko13]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
NYC requires a license for all weapons. A rifle license costs close to 400$.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
UPDATE on ROADBLOCKS

Its on, You don't have to be a genius to figure this one out , they are trying to search every third car , And are making non Gun arrests . Including urine test for marijuana , This is insane

www.lohud.com...

Drivers entering the city from the Bronx via First Avenue last night encountered the first police checkpoint searching for illegal guns.

Amid flashing lights and flares in the roadway, more than a dozen officers were pulling over every third car to ask for permission to search for guns and check for other crimes such as drunken driving.

Within minutes of the checkpoint's opening shortly after 9 p.m., the first arrest was made when a driver failed a field sobriety test.

[edit on 033030p://pmvpm by yenko13]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EtSolveMundi
On the other hand it's no secret that if you are carrying illegally and the cop finds out after you denied it, you're in deep s***. So much for the 2nd Amendment.

Why are they carrying illegally to begin with? Why are they carrying illegally and traveling into Mt Vernon?

It took me four months to get my pistol permit in NY. I guess I could have gone to NYC and bought a .45 in an alley, or better yet, stole it, like the people they are targeting.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Their target is everyone, not just illegal gun owners. Any issue that they find will be fair game. I don't have a problem with that as much as I have a problem with these check points. So now if I go to New York more than likely me and my vehicle will be searched... guess I won't be going to New York anymore to spend my money and donate to their taxes. Like a previous poster said, the next check points will be to check identity... after that who knows...

completely ridiculous, I hope the courts shoot this down after the city gets sued... but i doubt it

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Revenue. It has absolutely nothing to do with guns. Here in Oklahoma they outlawed road blocks, so now the Police and Hwy Patrol do "Saftey Checks". Which is the same thing as a road block only they claim to be checking lights on your car. But they get exactly what they want.

They get to issue tickets, shine their light in your car, and do their sniff search for alcohol or anything else, check your license, insurance etc.... This is all about revenue.

I cannot stress the fact enough that a Police officer is there to HURT you, not help you. They are not there to be your friend, they are trained to get something on you and to mentally intimidate you. Thats their job. If you are ever pulled over dont think for one second about it, that cop wants to make money off of you or put you in jail.

Its like letting the wolf guard the hen house. They are not your friends.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
Revenue. It has absolutely nothing to do with guns. Here in Oklahoma they outlawed road blocks, so now the Police and Hwy Patrol do "Saftey Checks". Which is the same thing as a road block only they claim to be checking lights on your car. But they get exactly what they want.

They get to issue tickets, shine their light in your car, and do their sniff search for alcohol or anything else, check your license, insurance etc.... This is all about revenue.

I cannot stress the fact enough that a Police officer is there to HURT you, not help you. They are not there to be your friend, they are trained to get something on you and to mentally intimidate you. Thats their job. If you are ever pulled over dont think for one second about it, that cop wants to make money off of you or put you in jail.

Its like letting the wolf guard the hen house. They are not your friends.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Memysabu]

I couldnt have said it any better , This is the beginning of a police state , They are checking innocent citizens and and are getting away with it , If they where checking for Illegal aliens there would be a uproar

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

I can't imagine the MTA and NYPA or NYPD participating because guns are illegal within NYC limits.

Um, what? So why wouldn't they participate then? Guns are not outright illegal in NY, just severely restricted. But you can get a permit if you show cause, like if you're a diamond merchant for example, or a guard.

The MTA isn't even a law-enforcement agency, it's a public transit department.

A public transit with their own police department. Transit cops even have authority upstate.

Aside from the highly questionable legality, asking people if they're packing illegally (unless they specifically state that people are not required to answer) seems to violate the 5th Amendment, which I'm sure many people aren't even aware of.

If you don't answer they have probable cause to search you.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

"We are not going to violate anyone's civil rights, but there has to be a very strong and clear message. Law-abiding citizens have nothing to fear,"

Here you go again. If you having nothing to fear you have nothing to hide. It's step by step agenda, one thing at a time.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
UPDATE .............

www.lohud.com.../20080928/NEWS02/809280389/1018

A few blocks away from the Gun roadblock there was another killing with a gun of course IRONIC to say the least if not less , The bad guys know how to get around these roadblocks they have GPS and Nextel walkie talkies you think they are gonna go through a road block ....while the Tax payer who has to go to work will suffer , This is not for bad guys people and that is the proof it wont work but they will do it as a check point on what people are up to and where they are going

MOUNT VERNON - An 18-year-old man was shot and killed early this morning, making him the eighth homicide victim in the city so far this year.

Seven people were killed in the city last year.
Advertisement

City resident Hassan Green-Cane was shot in the chest in the hallway of 463 S. Tenth Ave. shortly after 7 a.m., Police Commissioner David Chong said. He was taken to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, where he died.

Chong said he is frustrated by the increase in homicides.

"We're doing everything we possibly can to try and stem this tide of violence," Chong said, noting that the department has officers at guncheck points on the roads at night.

He added that even though the department routinely arrests shooting suspects and recovers weapons, people are still undeterred.

"I cannot emphasize enough that society can't put this problem on squarely on the shoulders of police," he said. "This has to come from within the family structure."

The last homicide occurred on Aug. 13 when 19-year-old Shomari Knox was found shot to death in a van on South Ninth Avenue near Purdy Park.

Residents say the park attracts rowdy crowds at night, which prompted them get city approval to lock up the park at dusk each night.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The mobile revenue collectors just keep getting bolder all the time. It’s still not efficient enough for the would be gods of this world though. It’ll be electronic monitoring 24/7 and a centrally controlled cashless economy if they get their way.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join