It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China - First Spacewalk. Congratulations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A massive achievement by any measure.

I think its great to see a nation accomplish such a task, onwards and upwards.... literally.

Tethered to handles attached to the exterior of the Shenzhou-7 spaceship's orbital module, Zhai remained outside for about 20 minutes before returning to the module and closing the hatch behind him.

A fellow astronaut, Liu Boming, also emerged briefly from the capsule to hand Zhai a Chinese flag that he waved before an exterior camera filming the event. The third crew member, Jing Haipeng, monitored the ship from inside the re-entry module.

news.xinhuanet.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
A massive achievement by any measure.

I think its great to see a nation accomplish such a task, onwards and upwards.... literally.

I too believe that this is a good thing for mankind as a whole.

However, at what price to humanity.

China, Like the United States, is under considerable pressure regarding basic human needs versus space flight, and exploration.

Let us hope that the scientific endeavor is matched by a compassion for humanitarian needs as a whole.

Peace

[edit on 27-9-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Congrats! Now if we could just generate some enthusiasm in this country for real space exploration instead of these media flights that we use the shuttle for. The more people that go into space=The more people that CAN go into space.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Totally agree, as with any other nation for that matter.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
An additional link:

www.chinaview.cn...

A lot of information to sift through.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
in a logical world , hypothetically speaking, you would see China partner up with Russa and USA for a combined human effort

The chinese have proven themselves long ago, I think we are way overdue for some formal partnerships in space exploration

top topics

join