It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Kyle to make landfall in Cape Cod :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Category 1. i guess, Kyle will be stopping by tomorrow am to say hello. My tv is out right now, does anyone know the E.T,A and how strong it will be?

If anyone has any pictures from the weather center could you please post them here?

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hun, it looks like it will be Monday morning before it makes landfall further north properly, and it's east a little bit of where you are. I'm absolutely crap at posting pics, but I will try to find someone who can. Stay safe and prepare the best you can...it's a Cat 1...not too bad, and you will be fine.

Back soon

Cait

[edit on 27-9-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I cant seem to find any warning at all on hurricane Kyle

Its strange because all tropical hurricane, cyclone and typhoon warnings come out on the link below, from the WMO

severe.worldweather.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
mONDAY? Wow, i thought it would be sooner than that! As i said my satellite is gone so i cant watch tv already and last i heard from a neighbor, it was coming tomorrow?

Maybe it will just veer off and go elsewhere. Thanks guys, i feel lost without my tv (information withdrawal)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Strange, i understand

even Maine has a warning. Thanks anyway!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And before anyone claims HAARP, look at the hurricane pattern for the turn of the last century.
I wish I'd made a prediction here that the hurricanes would start heading north...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Caitlin just sent me the link to it

You seriously shouldnt have too much to worry about, its moving away from the warmer tropical waters now, meaning a gradual reduction in severity and its only a cat one. A tad less than the cat 5 supertyphoon with winds of 115 knots south of Japan, lol. Anyway, I would suggest you stay away from the coast and keep a radio handy just in case though

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It's not awfully close just yet but you can sense the change of weather in central MA(about 90 mins from Cape Cod). About a 15 degree rise in temperature and some of the craziest fog i've ever seen. Visibility of only a couple hundred feet IF that.

It's been a good long while since Hurricane Bob made its way up here, and this one looks as if it won't be too damaging. Should be interesting to say the least, though.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hiya DG,

You can get current info on Kyle at Wunderground: www.wunderground.com..., as well as the NHC: www.nhc.noaa.gov...

The SHIPS Intensity Model is forecasting Kyle downgrading to a TS, however, that is, after all a computer model, subject to the same variables and errors as the information input. I see from the NHC that much of the east coast of Main is in a TS warning, and storm surge info there indicates a probability of 3 - 5 feet storm surge. Wind shear seems to be your friend these next couple of days and current windshear is forecast to remain high according to Dr. Jeff Masters @ Wunderground www.wunderground.com...

You be safe friend, and check in with us, okay?

All best

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
www.ssd.noaa.gov... -- IR AVN image www.ssd.noaa.gov... - IR AVN loop (note: clicking on the boxes above the image can show precipitation, winds, gusts, low/mid/high level winds, etc.

NHC Advisory # 11a - (8:00 a.m. est) www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Not to worry dg... it's way out to sea. Gonna go right by us on its way to New Brunswick. It'll be windy and rainy on-Cape but no hurricycle...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yes, i understand its way out now! Interesting after all this rain and wind, i find house circled by 6 chickens this morning!

Runaways!

I just told my husband, we should raise some chickens in the event of a food problem. I'm going to check into it!!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
um, no it isn't going to hit Cape Cod.

More importantly, NOTHING is "in" Cape Cod, FYI. Everything is "on" Cape Cod. Don't mind me, Pet Peeve.

new topics

top topics

join