It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

www.fmft.net

Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion

Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This article just about rendered me speachless!

It's hard to believe, reading this article, that you are reading something that happened recently and not something that happened a couple thousand years ago in Rome's coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].”

I could hardly believe that a government, in this day and age, allowed this to happen and also benefited from it!

www.fmft.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Pretty sick.. but it is from 2005... I would hope that this isnt a "sport" to this day.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
To the lion- good on ya mate! I hope you weren't hurt.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hoax, though a friggin hilarious one at that.

A friend told me this and showed me the article a while ago. Took us about five minutes of digging to figure out some teenager posted it.

Said teenager's friend bet that 40 midgets couldn't beat one lion in a fair fight. To prove him wrong the poster created a hoax article.

I wonder if his friend saw past it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

OOOPS! Found this on Digg, and just took it for granted this was recent.

My bad!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join