It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA test for dogs poo-dunnit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

www.news.com.au

COUNCILS want to DNA-test dog droppings, so they can track down owners who refuse to pick up after their pets and send them a fine.

The hardline approach, being trialled overseas, has won support from councillors in Sydney, North Sydney, Woollahra, Waverley and Ashfield.

Genetic Technologies, Australia's largest canine testing laboratory, wants to implement the DNA testing scheme and is preparing detailed submissions for councils.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
More police state mentality. It's slowly being brought in. First, start microchipping the pets and record their DNA, then use it against them later down the track. One day, we all know it, it's going to happen to humans.

This reminds me of something straight out of the movie Gataca. It's bloody stupid and a waste of resources.

How many DNA crime labs are straining to cope with demand, yet dog turds are going to take priority?

www.news.com.au

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

www.news.com.au

Genetic Technologies, Australia's largest canine testing laboratory, wants to implement the DNA testing scheme and is preparing detailed submissions for councils.

so genetic tech wants to implement the scheme, even going as far as preparing detailed submissions.

therefore its not the governments idea but the idea of big business to find some regular income off your average sucker council.

council(s) merely accepted the proposal. (leech, meet your new hosts)

ka-ching for genetic tech. and no doubt council will then pass on a fine + the expense of testing to you.

Originally posted by tezzajw
More police state mentality. It's slowly being brought in. First, start microchipping the pets and record their DNA, then use it against them later down the track.

my dogs are microchipped and it does not record their dna, its nothing more than a number which is linked to a database (gosh, shock horror) with my home address, mobile, home phone, 2nd contact, pets name, breed, age.

no dna tests, no weights or sizes or any other tests. just MY personal info and basics of the pets identity so they can contact me if he's been lost.

i know this 100% for sure because it was only last monday i was at the vet and requested they test his chip as i recently moved house and wanted to confirm they updated my details as they dont send any confirmation replies.

my vet was all too happy to oblige, and the slack jawed buggers that log the details hadn't even updated my pets details, yet your saying they log my pets dna?
you give the pet micochip database more credit than it deserves.

do you know how expensive it is to have the DNA tests done on every cross bred mongrel or moggy pet that is microchipped for $100. just for a database of pets DNA?

pet microchipping - nothing to see here, move along.

[edit on 22/10/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au

do you know how expensive it is to have the DNA tests done on every cross bred mongrel or moggy pet that is microchipped. just for a database of pets DNA?

Hey, I'm right here!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
tis ok SD, my two beloved labradorable boys are cross breds, as are all my other labradors before them.

its not the lineage, but the quality of the friendship.. .eh?

top topics

join