It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before Adam and Eve? Firstborn?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Certain Apocryphal and Gnostic texts speak of a being created by God, in His own image, before the creation of Adam and Eve; according to legend, this being was abandoned by its own Creator. Called the Firstborn, the creature was a singular being neither male nor female, dark nor light, both beautiful and terrible to behold. God was so disturbed by what He created that He banished it into the Abyss to be forever forsaken, forgotten and unloved. God then started anew and went on to create mankind, giving the species two sexes, intellect, feelings, and love (not to mention a soul). The Firstborn, too powerful for even God to keep from breaking into the mortal world, would make seven attempts to escape, each time taking back a piece of the earth to add to its domain and each time sent back to the Abyss.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Jericho

I’ve been researching on this for a while now, even though I'm not Christian I'm a Buddhist, on a very interesting subject in Christianity. Now, the first thing about this topic is after I played the game Clive Barker's Jericho, lol I know it sounds silly, but the concept seemed wayyy too good to just be made for a game. The whole idea was that there was something "God" created before Adam and Eve that was both beatiuful and terrible to behold, and his first attempt at creation. It was supposedly locked up in a box called the abyss, and was an abomination in God's eyes. But it was too powerful for God to destroy, and it could’ve also have been he had sentimental values about killing his first creation. Is there proof of any of this? or anything that has to do with the subject at all? Or is my imagination running wild? lol I’ve also read about Lilith and the other subjects about the people's created before Adam and eve such as the atlantians. I’m thinking about taking up a study in parapsychology, so I figure this would help.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I read your first thread and the whole wikipedia article and do you honestly believe this to be true?

If so please cut the pc games and tv for at least 6 months

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr.Truthbetold

Simple answer? No.

It's a game with a good story, just because it is a good story does not mean it's true.
I like God of War. Willing to bet Kratos never existed, though.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sounds like Adam's first wife, Lilith . . the weirdo demon women .. or thats how shes depicted ... both beautiful and frightening. She wouldn't serve Adam lol, so he put the smack down on her and said hit teh road if you ain't gonna SERVE MEH. Then YHWH came into the garden did the dayam thing .. know what im sayin..

peace..

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Research everything and hope your soul hears the truth.

www.urantia.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
I read your first thread and the whole wikipedia article and do you honestly believe this to be true?

If so please cut the pc games and tv for at least 6 months

no, i told u @ teh beginning that i didnt believe in ANY of it, but id researched some of the stuff like "firstborn" nd it intriguied me. it just seemed like a good story to add to teh whole bible thing ya noe? something 2 keep me entertained. haha

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Absolutely sounds like Lilith..... Sister of Satan.... Teacher of the Black Arts... Symbol the Evergreen Tree.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Absolutely sounds like Lilith..... Sister of Satan.... Teacher of the Black Arts... Symbol the Evergreen Tree.

Sorry but this cant be, if the first born was neither male nor female then it can not be lilith, she was a female and the first orn was neither, but i would like to know what happend to the first born , were is it ? , lilith was also said to have mated with archangel samauel at the red sea. another thing that i'm wondering about is the point of Adam and eve , if adam was the first man and eve the first woman then we are commiting incest, then im married to my long........last sister, but if adam represents the man form and eve the woman form then that meas adam and eve were just names and there were more created.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Seeing as how this was moved to the Video Games Forum, does anyone who has played Clive Barker's Jericho care to review it? It looks pretty interesting, as FPS's come.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
if anyone can help
adam & eve had children , cain & abel, after cain killed abel he fled to the city of nod, where he took wife.
where did that city come from if adam and eve was the first and also cain's wife ,(gen4 vers 16 & 17)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Exzavier

People these days take everything too literally.

Read "The Science of God" by Gerald L. Schroeder and you'll see Adam and Eve were meant to be taken as metaphors... not literally.

btw, it an interesting read for anyone... Christian or otherwise. Great book.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Falken]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
sweet man
that brings me to the second question
adam then do reprecent the male form and eve the female form
not as one person but several persons then it declare the city of nod
thanx

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I hadn't heard about this idea and find it very intriguing. Could the Creator have created something more powerful than He could contain?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
what if have heard and searched on i found out that adam and lilith was not actualy the first to be created, the firstborn was that was neither man nor woman, what happened to the firstborn no one knows, was it locked in the abyss or what, and adam and lilith was not actualy on man or woman but men and women ,adam represents the man form and lilith the female form , before she split out the garden of eden and eve was created, lilith split to red sea where 2 angels was send after her to bring her back to the garden but she refused, there she was said to have mated with the archangel samual, and made a deal with the angels that if they put a amulet around a firstborn child she will spare them. i'm looking more into this aswell, im also into the rosswell crash ufo

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

this link i found says more about lilith and other topics

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr.Truthbetold

That sounds oddly similar to the StarCraft history. For a timeline summary of what I'm talking about, check out the StarCraft Wiki. Tell me, are they as close as I think they are?

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
[edit on 8/1/2010 by moonwize]

top topics

join