It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems, The Obama bashers are bitter, ex bush supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
About 95% of the people I meet, dislike Obama for reasons unknown. There isnt any real logic or reason behind it. After a long discussion and debate, I always end it with one question, "Did you vote for bush for his first term?". I swear, about 2 out of 200 said no. Why cant we trust someone who appears to be honest, but we can trust someone who lies blatantly. Have we become bitter, and did we just adapt the " I cant trust anyone now attitude"? Get over it, lets move on and 'hope' for 'change'.Right? What else can we do. Not vote for a honest man because of his middle name. Come on, we have to be a little more serious than that.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
perhaps they are afraid to say what they really feel deep down and are hiding behind nonsensical, disproven rumors started on conservative shows and radio.
i've noticed that the closer we are to the election, the rise in hate speech directed at obama in several forums.
its almost "rabid like" they way some people are talking about obama.
i know america is a long way off from racial equality and tolerance.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
My reasons are quite simple... I like neither candidate and will vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

origin.barackobama.com...-and-law-enforcement

Obama's Global Poverty Act: Hell No!

The 0.7 percent of GDP amounts to $845 billion over the specified time period above what the United States is already spending on foreign aid.

Obama's proposal would enable the United Nations to mandate how much foreign aid the U.S. invests each year. As it stands now, the president and Congress must reach an agreement based on budgetary and fiscal situations. Jeffery Sachs, who runs the U.N.'s Millennium Project, says that the only way to raise the $65 billion dollar annual U.S. payment would be "through a global tax," according to "Accuracy in the Media."

media.www.thepncvoice.com...

" Obama supports the U.N. Millennium Declaration, which declares the U.N as the "indispensable common house of the entire human family," and would collect foreign aid from sovereign nations and distribute that aid accordingly. The U.N. would have the power to increase this rate of taxation.
The U.S. would be required to surrender some of its sovereignty over foreign aid by putting it under UN control. The bill would force the U.S. to sign onto the U.N.'s Millennium Declaration, which would commit us not only to "banning small arms and light weapons" but also to adhere to the International Criminal Court Treaty and the Kyoto Protocol.

www.globalpolicy.org...

Ya know, we have a bad enough time with corrupt politicians here in America let alone the massive corruption of the UN, I would not delegate one ounce of our sovereignty to that organization let alone a bunch of unelected foreign judges!

This is enough for me.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just one of the reasons infolurker mentioned is enough for me to dislike Obama and that's his support of the AWB. One look at HR6257 shows me I cant trust the Repubs either.

I'll admit that Bush had me early on when he was running and talking about how disgusting the bloated fed was and how we should never be running around the world "nation building" so I guess you can count me an ex-Bush supporter but my reasons for disliking Obama certainly aren't illogical. The man seeks to butt into my life and jam government crap down my throat even more than Bush has (if that's possible) and I wont stand for it.

If I weren't in a state that was so close to going to Obama I'd be voting for Bob or Chuck but since NH is a close call I'll cast for the other guy and hope the chick keeps his hands off my guns. I know Joey B wont be sticking up for me when B.O. goes stinking around my cabinet. Hell, Joey would be leading the charge.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Akin, Please take me out of the 95 percentile.

About 95% of the people I meet, dislike Obama for reasons unknown.

Perhaps dislike is too harsh a word, but I'll give you a couple of reasons I personally do not trust him. The man spent 20 years in a church that preached hatred for our great country, only when pressed in the throws of his presidential bid, did he denounce his pastor. He has aligned himself with a known unrepentant (murderer) terrorist. Used his sphere of influence to negotiate a $195052 pay raise for his wife and in return earmarked a million dollars for her employer.
And last but not least, Tony Rezko... Need I say more? The facts are out there and the MSM has turned a blind eye to them... and you think that 95% of the people who do not support this man do so because he has a funny middle name?

Why cant we trust someone who appears to be honest, but we can trust someone who lies blatantly.

Not only does Barack Obama not "appear honest", you have to be in the depths of denial to ignore the mounting evidence supporting the contrary.
Did you know his campaign has received countless millions through the internet from overseas, $500,000 of it coming in via "not employed" people, these donations are virtually impossible for the FEC to accurately trace?

Did you know it is unlawful to receive campaign donations from non-US citizens? Did you know that BHO received over $33,000 in campaign donations from two Palistinian brothers who reside in a Hamas controlled Gaza refugee camp? Did you know that as recently as August of this year, the men maintain they have still not received the money they illegally gave to his campaign?

Do you think the 95% of the people you're meeting who "dislike Obama for reasons unknown" actually have a very good reason for not liking him, but perhaps out of respect for your feelings choose not to voice them?

edited for some lame math, thanks BT. Go Bruins!

[edit on 9/28/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I agree with you all, even though I am voting for this man.

Well said heather.

Truthfully I never really like any candidate, because they refuse to focus on prominent issues that have held us back forever. It seems like we 'bandaid' our problems and when the wounds resurface bigger than ever, we like to act like they were never there.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge about the U.N. Millenium Declaration and other sights and stuff. I really appreaciate that. I wish everyone could provide facts.

The Rooster, I will take you out (of that group)because you can actually provide proof and an understanding of why you believe so. I respect that. I can handle whatever they have to say, trust me, im an adult. Maybe they are afraid that there logic isnt concrete enough. For example not liking him because of his ancestory. If I were in those shoes, I would be afraid to say that too. You would be suprise how many people say that about his name, its amazing.

So with all you provided, about B.O., who will you vote for because of course it isnt a walk in the park with the opposition. They are all hiding something, it would go against tradition.
Thank you people for voicing and not bashing. I look foward to your reply.
Peace and Love

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

He supports a Vietnam style draft.
He supports NAFTA
He supports FISA
He supports the Patriot Act
He supports gun bans

He lied about his uncle liberating Auschwitz.
He lied about being on food stamps.
He lied about troop withdrawal.

Other than lying about ridiculous things to sway a vote, implementing a draft, spying on the citizens, and condoning NAFTA's modern day slave trade, I'd say he's one hell of a guy! Thank god we have people like you who'll go out on a limb for him.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I don't know why you find it surprising that Bush supporters would not like Obama. Partisans are...well....partisans.

Incidentally, I do not support Obama for the office of the Presidency and I think DeadFlagBlues expresses cleanly, in part, why.

I'm also a REAL conservative who NEVER voted for Bush.

Apparently, I should have my own TV show.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Oh really now? As i recall Obama never changed his policy on Iraq, get your facts straight. Simply because rightwingers hear this different tone from him on this matter, its assumed that he changed his mind about the withdrawal, but he didnt so either get your facts straight or cut the lying.

Now if you want to go comparing the candidates Im happy to do so:

McCain:

-Supported Nafta, most for free trade reasons,
www.ontheissues.org...

McCain voted for the Patriot act,

Supported the war of lies in Iraq, he STILL supports it,
-He was WRONG about the in fighting between the Iraqi islamic factions,
-He was WRONG about WMDs in Iraq like Bush,
-He totally FLIP FLOPPED over his experience talk by choosing Palin,
-He voted 17 times against bills in which to increase the minimum wage,
-He voted against the GI bill,
-He is no Maverick, he voted 95% of the time with the Bush administration,
-He has had 50 or so lobbyists who have been running his campaign over time,
-He supports the old no diplomacy, just attack Bush tactic that has driven the name of this nation down of the last 8years,
-McCain has accepted over $1 million from the oil and gas industry
mccainsource.com...
-He LIED about having "leadership in fighting global warming", the man scored a 0 in the environment scorecard.
environment.about.com...
-For a foreign policy expert, McCain certain sticks to Bush tactics, he didnt know who the prime minister of spain was and as to whether he would meet with him due to spains policy against Iraq, I mean honestly now...
-McCain denied there was any financial crises before he admitted so, he has repeatedly stated that the economy is "fundamentally sound",
-McCain flip flopped over his decision on the AIG bail out,
-McCain has to be desperate and low enough to hire the same people from Bush who smeared him back 2000 on his adopted daughter fro Bangladesh,
-When McCain was blasting congress for taking off, he was ranked the most absent member of the senate,
thinkprogress.org...
-McCain earned a 0 percent rating from NARAL ProChoice America, he knows nothing of gender equality and he is hypocritical for accusing his opponent of such.
-McCain has the nerve to call Obama and elitist when he cant count howmany homes and cars he has, when he is ranked the 13th wealthiest congressman in the US, when his wealth is estimated at over $25 million as to compared to Obamas $4million, and as to the fact he is married to a $100 million heiress.
And lastly but not least, its evident McCain knows the least of the economy as compared to everybody else, he got blasted by the Wall street journal for claiming that he will fire the SEC chair.

You know I could go on, but I mean really now, who wants to go on about mccains hypocrisy? It will take all day.

And by the way obama does not support a gun ban, thats a LIE, he supports gun regulation, that doesnt mean your guns will be stripped away and you cant get one, he means there are better regulations to keep these weapons from getting into the wrong hands.

Get your facts straight before you go posting, make sure you provide evidence if your going to make such assumptions over the candidates.

If anything, these last few weeks over August and September have only strengthened my support for Barack Obama.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I didnt ask for sarcasm. Children stay at home please, this one is for the adults. Dead Flag, I hope you study both sides of the table because that is minute compared to Mccains outrage for attention.

Other than lying about ridiculous things to sway a vote, implementing a draft, spying on the citizens, and condoning NAFTA's modern day slave trade, I'd say he's one hell of a guy!

I bet those reasons above are the same reasons you voted for bush. That is the point I am trying to make. I didnt make this thread to bash anyone, I am trying to establish a connection between ex-Bush supporters, and B.O. bashers. You can take those same reasons above and add a mega-ton worth of other facts about our last president and yet some people voted for him twice.
Loam, I know bush supporters will bash B.O., most of those are blind to the facts on how people really can play 'the game'. Im specificly talking about the bitter people who did support bush and now they support mccain because of the same 'blindness'. Our those your only reasons for not voting for him. Are you voting for mccain, or are you just going to not going to vote at all. Thats my real point, which president hasnt done what he is doing, its about the lesser of two evils.

Im not going out on a limb for noone. I am just trying to get people to think more, and in events like this use less of the primal instincts, more reasoning.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
As in reply to the OP, why is it surprising that Bush supporters would make any excuse not to vote for Obama? Some Liberals do the same to mccain, we all do it. You cant satisfy everybody and we live in a nation of diverse political ideologies, people aint ganna like every candidate, for all kinds of reasons.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thanks alot southern guardian. Well said

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

As a bitter ex Bush supporter, I have no reason to bash Obama or McCain for that matter. I just don't trust either one of them. I have become completely jaded as to our political system. Change? Yeah right.
Obama is no more about changing the status quo than McCain is. Both are tools and servants for an economic and political system that is completely broken. There is really nothing to get over here. Either you understand this or you don't.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tmbandt

Im sorry you dont have much faith in our politicians anymore although cant blame you to an extent, I mean these last 8years have made many americans feel betrayed. Ill disagree with you over labelling Obama as the same but i understand your negativity to our political system, these last 8years have been just unacceptable.

Will you be voting third party or writing in any candidate? I hope you will still vote... its out patriotic duty to still vote, regardless.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

I'll definitely be voting my friend. I have yet to decide who I will vote for as POTUS. I'm narrowing down my State and locals though.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Flip flopping Obama on the Iraq war, in his own words.

That's just on the Iraq war alone. He wants to go around pointing fingers at everybody, but he continues to vote for funding. How are you supposed to cure an addiction, if you're giving them the drug?

I'm not going to get tied up in this partisan bull#ting with either of you guys.

Your guy is a liar!
Your guy is back and forth on everything.
Your guy is as empty as "their" guy.

I despised Bush in the first election.
I despised Bush in the second election.

This isn't some pipe dream partisan issue. You can't fight me or refute me. This is an invincible argument, because your man has lied to you, and you accept that because "their guy did it too."

Very... "Tool'ish"

Do you support a draft?
Do you support FISA?
Do you support NAFTA?
Do you support the Patriot Act?

Maybe more importantly...

What do you think about men with no integrity?
What do you think about men who lie to you?
What do you think about men who are indirect?

You guys are latching on to some little partisan pipe dream, just like the McCain camp.

You can't see the flaws in this lying sack of #, but you're up in arms about how many times McCain has lied.

You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

"Deny Ignorance"

or

"Become Ignorant!"

I wonder...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
About 95% of the people I meet, dislike Obama for reasons unknown. There isnt any real logic or reason behind it. After a long discussion and debate, I always end it with one question, "Did you vote for bush for his first term?". I swear, about 2 out of 200 said no. Why cant we trust someone who appears to be honest, but we can trust someone who lies blatantly. Have we become bitter, and did we just adapt the " I cant trust anyone now attitude"? Get over it, lets move on and 'hope' for 'change'.Right? What else can we do. Not vote for a honest man because of his middle name. Come on, we have to be a little more serious than that.

Would real logic be that he's a part of the Council on Foreign Relations? Oh don't forget, he's total bilderberg as well!

Those are only two teensy weensy things you should know about him and take into consideration before voting for him.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Please, spare me.

My facts are straight, guy. Since I've been waiting to move, this is all I do. I've dedicated my life to politics and wouldn't say anything that is not true or backed by the man's own words. In fact, that is all I go on. I wanted Obama to be a decent guy! But, come to find out.. He's just another sneaky, lying, untrustworthy, coward with a suit on...

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, "No, my writing wasn't on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns."

Actually, Obama's writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

Source

Deadflagblues... Hold onto that for a minute.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
So with all you provided, about B.O., who will you vote for because of course it isnt a walk in the park with the opposition. They are all hiding something, it would go against tradition.
Thank you people for voicing and not bashing. I look foward to your reply.
Peace and Love

Akin,

It's another tough call. I've said it before and I'll say it here, this country deserves more than a two party system. To think we've been at it now for almost 2 years and this is the best we can do?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join