It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Network Saying Something With Logo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So as I was going through the channels today, I noticed that a Nickelodeon channel for preschoolers, Noggin, uses an interesting logo.

My first thought was:

You see nothing but what we plant in your head.

So maybe I've been spending too much time reading conspiracies, but they ask for it by covering the eyes and putting a plant in the top of the head. lol

What do you all think?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well, honestly, that is what television is about.

Look at the stupidity that you see on T.V and then go and try to talk to someone and listen to it. Maybe I have a negative outlook, but it's,I believe, a realistic one.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The only thing that sprung to mind was the old:

"See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil"

[edit on 27-9-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Yeah, I had that thought as well. I noticed the ears are missing too, but the mouth has a sort of smile on it. Which kinda says they breed contentment as well. lol Hey.. people love distractions. Might as well get em' while they're young!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This really makes since. Ever notice how dumbed down the scientific subjects are on Discovery channel? Like when they go to try to explain string theory, they only explain the parts that a 6th grader could understand. How are people going to get any smarter after they are out of school if everything on tv is made for idiots?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I always figured it was a "making ideas grow" kinda icon myself.
Noggin used to have some pretty cool programs, dunno about now though.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
that is why your Local Library , and the Internet are your two bets on enlightening yourself

the library and the internet are not Censored, so you can actually make your own choice on the matter

Once the local Library is shut down, or censored, we will have 100% Lost our freedoms
Same goes for the Internet

[edit on 27-9-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snift
This really makes since. Ever notice how dumbed down the scientific subjects are on Discovery channel? Like when they go to try to explain string theory, they only explain the parts that a 6th grader could understand.

Wile I understand what you are saying, I must say that typically, that is about the comprehension level of your average person. When was the last time you even seen annyone read a book, much less try to understand something like the "string theory?" I don't mean to be degrading to anyone, but your average person, in this day and age, is not very intellectual.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Lol its funny cause its true!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I looked at some of their other logos. They have different variations. To me though, the flower was the most interesting. I'm only curious why they have to cover the eyes? People usually have reasons for any logo they choose. Symbols are important. But I agree.. it's funny cause it's true. And yet.. it's also very sad. I had to pretty much force my kids outside today cuz they were totally glued to the television. When I was a kid.. it was a complete opposite. My parents would get upset cause I never wanted to come in. What happened to the world?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
My parents would get upset cause I never wanted to come in. What happened to the world?

Well, for one, desocialization. When was the last time you drove down the block and saw someone having a big cookout? When was the last time did you move into an area and someone just knocked on the door to introduce themself and welcome you to the neighborhood?

I mean, really. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I know you're right.. but it's so sad. I hate knowing my kids are growing up in a world where people don't wave. Where neighbors don't say hi, as you mentioned. Where the playgrounds are always full. I was ALWAYS outside. Riding bikes, playing sports, etc.

Noggin does have some educational programming, but it's still meant to keep their attention. (not that it should be hard.. this channel is made for preschoolers) lol

Granted, we didn't have the internet when I was a kid. We didn't have Playstation 3's or XBOX 360's. We didn't have all the awesome distractions of todays world. Guess the elites are doing what they want...

If anyone has seen the movie Wall-E.. the meaning of that movie is obvious. A world left to waste, while all the humans became lazy and fat. Unable to do anything, including thinking for themselves. lol The kids love it, but I watched it with interest due to the overwhelming meaning.

I wonder... is that the destiny of humanity?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Well, you know, pretty much all of the fears that people had when television first came to be has become reality. They said that it would make people fat, lazy and dumb.... Yep, I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
you want to know why i am scared by this logo?

i was watching nick with my eldest daughter who is 4 years old, and the "big green" initiative advert or what ever they call it came on

who introduced this advert?

David Rothschild

i kid you not, scared me quite a bit, did anyone else see this ad?

he gave the kids in it a task, go to big companies offices and get them to turn the lights out at night

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Interesting thread. Honestly though, Noggin is the least egregious of the TV channels with child/preschool programing. (

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
that is why your Local Library , and the Internet are your two bets on enlightening yourself

the library and the internet are not Censored, so you can actually make your own choice on the matter

Once the local Library is shut down, or censored, we will have 100% Lost our freedoms
Same goes for the Internet

[edit on 27-9-2008 by muzzleflash]

Yeah, I noticed a worrying tendency these past few years in my local library here in the UK - they've massively reduced the number of books that they carry, broadened all the aisles to make lots of empty space on the grounds of making it easier for folk to get around the shelves and increased the number of DVDs and music CDs. I'd say we now have around half the books that were there about 15 years ago if not less. I've also noticed that more of the books that they're getting in are of a much lower standard, more dumbed down stuff than they've had in the past. I've almost given up on the place.

Regarding that logo - I would have thought a lot of pre-school children would find a face without eyes somewhat scary, I'm surprised that they would use something like that - unless their motives really are sinister.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Well, for one, desocialization. When was the last time you drove down the block and saw someone having a big cookout? When was the last time did you move into an area and someone just knocked on the door to introduce themself and welcome you to the neighborhood?

I mean, really. Think about it.

Aye, and then there's all the people who walk around all day with earphones plugged into their ears ostensibly listening to music - I reckon a lot of them are doing it mainly just so's they don't have to interact with people around them - they've forgotten how to, or with the younger ones, never learned in the first place.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I can't remember the source or where i read this from, but isnt Nickelodeon owned by someone who is part of the Elitest Clique? So this symbolism could really make sense. It reminded me of the tree of Knowledge actually, then i realised it was a flower or another plant.

You see nothing but what we plant in your head

That thought becomes more familiar everyday, when i see advertising, and Television.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by The 5th]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis
- I reckon a lot of them are doing it mainly just so's they don't have to interact with people around them - they've forgotten how to, or with the younger ones, never learned in the first place.

True. It is a big problem in today's world. At one time, loners were a rarity, not anymore.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Blah.. I had written a HUGE reply. lol Something happened, and now it's all gone. Ironically, it captured some of the quote I was replying to... guess working for 18 hours has caused me to forget something. lol

Thanks for all your thoughts... keep em coming!

(Edited for the above reason...)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by EagleTalonZ]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join