It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does our stupidity contribute to the conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"How fortunate for leaders that the masses do not think"- Adolph Hitler

The above is one of my favorite quotes. Not only is it a warning, but it is the truth.

I have been under the impression for quite some time that the majority of the people are unread and ignorant. When I look at the current situation, it only re-affirms my suspicions.

One thing is for sure, either people are walking blindly through life or they just don't care. Perhaps, people are just too self involved to really give a damn. I don't know.

I will say this, that whcih you don't know will be your demise. Look at the current financial situation. Yeah, sure, the governments of the world played a big role in it, but, at least to my mind, much of it rests on the shoulders of individuals in the general populace.

When you have an eighteen year old, single girl who is making maybe 20,000 dollars a year and living in a 150,000 dollar home, you should instinctively know that there is something wrong with the overall picture. It gets back to the whole "living beyond one's means" thing. You know what I mean?

While there is no doubt in my mind that there is a conspiracy by the ruling elite, I don't think that we help our cause much. We live in a society where the more one has, the more he/she wants. It's a sad state of affairs really.

We live in a spiritually bankrupt, materialistic society that only wishes for more. Yet, most never take into consideration the cost of their desires. They just continue to be needy and want more.

The United States housing bubble is an economic bubble in many parts of the United States housing market including areas of California, Florida, New York, Michigan, the Northeast Corridor, and the Southwest markets. On a national level, housing prices peaked in early 2005, began declining in 2006 and have not yet bottomed. Increased foreclosure rates in 2006–2007 by U.S. homeowners led to a crisis in August 2007 for the subprime, Alt-A, CDO, CDX, mortgage, credit, hedge fund, and foreign bank markets.[1] In October 2007 the U.S. Treasury Secretary called the bursting housing bubble "the most significant risk to our economy."[2]

Housing bubbles may occur in local or global real estate markets. They are typically characterized, in their late stages, by rapid increases in the valuations of real property until unsustainable levels are reached relative to incomes, price-to-rent ratios, and other economic indicators of affordability. This may be followed by decreases in home prices that can result in many owners holding negative equity—a mortgage debt higher than the value of the property. The underlying causes of the housing bubble are complex; factors include historically-low interest rates, lax lending standards, and a speculative fever.[1][3][4][5][6] This bubble may be related to the stock market or dot-com bubble of the 1990s.[7][8][9][10][11] This bubble is roughly coincident with real estate bubbles in the United Kingdom, Germany and even South Korea.[citation
Housing Bubble

Also, we have the problem of people paying high interest rates in order to avoid an evaluation of their annual income. How stupid is that??!! So, I can make 25,000 dollars a year and buy a $200,000 dollar home? Yeah, that's real smart.
I think I'll run down and do that now. NOT!!!

We sit and complain about everything going on, yet, we don't change our habits. It is almost like we all expect things to get better or change without any kind of sacrifice. It's both baffling and amazing to me.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

join