It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Craft & Death Star in San Francisco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just saw this video on Youtube of various craft from Star Wars in San Francisco. Yes, it's fake, but I think it's a good example of how realistic things can be made to look if done properly. They look pretty realistic to my novice eyes anyway.
Neat video though.

Hopefully this isn't a duplicate thread. I did several searches but didn't find anything related to this.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by John_Q_Llama]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yes I saw this on you tube this morning...
and I was impressed the way the star was shown on the day light... and yes it is done neatly

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by communicator

I love the way they put it in the smoggy horizon like it's setting. Pretty slick!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yes, I have seen this before as well.

I must say, I enjoyed it. I wouldnt be able to make a video like this.

fake but fun.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Very impressive!

Kind of sucks when it comes to our love of UFO's though ey? Faking them is getting easier and easier.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That was really cool!

They were spot on with the sounds the looks, they really went above and beyond to make this look 100% realistic. I thought that the video was a lot of fun to watch.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

Thanks for sharing that video! And helping expand the minds of people on here at ATS!!! Its true.. Its very easy to make an hoax these days.
And the vibe of people these days are just to easy to manipulate!
Everyone is jumping at the chance of real aliens!

Project blue beam is getting close at hands folks! The mental level of most people are primed and ready to manipulate on a really big scale!

I hope this can go to show some of you just how easy it is to provide "proof" of things upon this earth that we all know is true.
However the truth lies somewhere between the lines at this point.

Something big is going to happen. And the everyone wants it to happen!
They wait with an egar feeling of knowing what they know! And just want it to happen so they can say.. "SEE"!! I told you they where real!

When the whole time its going to be a hoax.. But a big hoax that will play upon our hearts and our minds! Manipulation at its finest!!!

And its going to happen soon!

Dont be fooled by smoke and mirros, trickery and hoaxes. The truth will surface.. Yet will the truth be another hoax covering up the deeper truths to what is really at foot here?

I dont have the answers.. becasue Im suppose to be helping cleaning my sisters garage up, and Im here on ATS.. becasue Im so damn addicted to this site again!!! LOL I broke free of the ATS grasp for a few months.
And here I am again.. Enthralled as ever!!

I happen to belive ATS is a big part of what will happen.. As I feel ATS will be at the forefront of anything big that happens..
And I feel good knowing we have some of the best minds this world has to offer..
I feel safe knowing that I can come here and get a sense that people are truely looking out, and looking out for our best intrests..
And not looking to become famous or rich by tricking people into thinking they see something that is not there..

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
WOW. Kinda proves that anything can be faked this day in age. I mean, WOW thats realistic.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That was awesome, even though its fake, that was done amazingly well. I love Star Wars. It would be awesome to see a Star Destroyer rolling down the street.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
That's no moon. It's a space station.

That really was well done. Very impressive, and yet, at the same time kind of disappointing. While the quality of this was outstanding, It just goes to show that these things really are starting to look more realistic and believable, making it a lot harder to determine whether a video is fake or not.

Also, I think if I saw an Imperial Star Destroyer rolling down the street... I'd run for the hills.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm personally looking forward to the days when the Empire comes to Los Angeles and lays down the law. A Star Destroyer hovering over the city would be awesome!!!

I could see the video footage of it now. stormtroopers hauling lindsy lohan out of her mercedes for doing god knows what. "but I'm lindsy lohan!!!" she'd exclaim only to get the butt end of a DC-17 by some Stormtrooper cammando. get in the back of the hover wagon, your going to meet some interrogation droids and they are going to find out why you were going 75 in a residential zone.

Would be cool to see AT-STs at busy intersections during rush hour directing traffic.

And of course hanging with drunk stormtroopers when they get leave on sunset blvd would be a blast. well hopefully not a blast, but maybe a lot of fun?

Would love to see the Executor silhouetted against the moon at night.

And watching Tie fighters lasering the crap out of tom cruises house would be satisfying. "Lord Xenu!?! around here we worship Palpetine! looks like you're going to have to be introduced to Lord Vader. he's much more convincing than L Ron Hubbard."

Seriously what would you like the empire to do for your home town?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The only one that looked "real" to me was the half-built DeathStar "moon". The rest had that fake, movie look. I don't know how to quite explain it, but it's just a certain way the outline of the objects look compared to the background. Although, the Star Destroyer cruising over the Golden Gate bridge was pretty cool.

Overall, this clip showed some originality.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
The only one that looked "real" to me was the half-built DeathStar "moon". The rest had that fake, movie look. I don't know how to quite explain it, but it's just a certain way the outline of the objects look compared to the background. Although, the Star Destroyer cruising over the Golden Gate bridge was pretty cool.

Overall, this clip showed some originality.

Yeah I noticed the same thing about the clips of stuff other than the Death Star. Some of the flying ships seemed to shimmer or shake very slightly, which was more noticeable when they are stationary. I'm thinking it is probably the result of how those objects appeared in the original movie footage, but that's just a guess.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

Its an interesting video. I think one hundred years from now, some one will dig this one up and claim: UFOs caught on video!
Thank you for posting this.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Really cool film!

Loved the Death Star! The size was mighty impressive.

Maybe that is the scale that the real ones will have when the time comes!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Felt this needed a bump after seeing this Obvious fake UFO video:

Very Huge Bizzare Anomaly Hovering over Uruguay

Its getting easier to make these videos.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama
Yeah I noticed the same thing about the clips of stuff other than the Death Star. Some of the flying ships seemed to shimmer or shake very slightly, which was more noticeable when they are stationary. I'm thinking it is probably the result of how those objects appeared in the original movie footage, but that's just a guess.

It has to do with motion tracking.

In most digital compositing software you can track the motion of an area of pixels being recorded, which can then be translated to another object so it stays roughly where it "should" in relation to the movement.

In the case of this footage it's tracking the camera shake to all the vehicles shown so everything stays where it should.

Tracking usually requires selecting an area of the footage that has competing contrasts, like the edge of a shadow on a bright white wall; because that's easiest to follow. It will go through every frame and follow the area you've selected as best it can and key in the position. Some frames that are keyed are usually off because the software couldn't follow the areas movements because of a slight color change or whatever, so it gives it a "best guess" which, if it isn't fixed by the person in charge of editing the footage will give the slight "shimmer/shaking/floating" effect that gives away it being fake.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by davion]

top topics

join