It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange inscription near entrance to Great pyramid resembles Roswell glyphs? You decide...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

The question is when were the markings found at the Great Pyramid. Do you believe the roswell account, and could it be possible the markings on the I-Beam could have been faked and copied from the Pyramid?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by elohimscience
The question is when were the markings found at the Great Pyramid. Do you believe the roswell account, and could it be possible the markings on the I-Beam could have been faked and copied from the Pyramid?

I personally see no reason to believe the Roswell UFO account.

I doubt that the inscription (or whatever it is) on the pyramid was the inspiration for the so-called "Roswell glyphs," though.

It seems to me that it would be pretty difficult to place that inscription anywhere on the Great Pyramid in modern times. The "Roswell glyphs" were not only unknown, they were unmentioned until the 1960's.

Harte

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have done some research on the translation of the inscription/insignia found on the piece of wreckage and found the following after emailing Dr Richard Boylan who has a photo of the same piece of wreckage on his website....I basically emailed him in 2005 to get his take on the 11:11...which Id begun seeing on clocks all the time a few years prior to that...he sent me a reply stating the following:... " 11:11 has to do with the Elevan Universal Laws and the Elevan Spiritual Laws of the Universe. These are encoded in symbols found amid the wreckage of the UFO that crashed near Roswell, NM. Chief Golden Eagle/Standing Elk with Spirit's help deciphered these laws. You can see his findings at http:www.star-knowledge.net/eleven.htm

hope this helps.....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aron1138

Hello all, here is the method used by the ancients to very accurately measure and map the earth, actually during the Ice Age, also used to survey the dimensions of the Great Pyramid of Giza with the astronomically derived royal cubit length. See article #2 at IceAgeCivilizations.com....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
While I believe that something out of the ordinary did in fact take place at Roswell I can't say with confidence if the pictures of the supposed wreckage of this craft are authentic. I do believe the earliest accounts of what happened there, but subsequent reports and stories have tainted the entire event...maybe this was the point.

Although I'm aware of the autopsy video, I've never actually seen it. And quite frankly it's because I never actually believed it to be real. Does that necessarily mean that the I-beam in that video was a hoax also? One may be inclined to think yes. And maybe that was the point... I prefer to hold an open-minded view when a shadow of a doubt exists... which it does

Now there seems to be two different versions of the I-beam glyphs. Which account is real? I'm not equipped to provide that answer.

I started this topic because :

a) more than anything the inscription at the GP entrance is really very intriguing. Who put them there and why? What does it mean? It's a mystery and deserves some attention.

and b) whether you believe the Roswell glyphs to be authentic or not, the fact of the matter remains that there seems to be a distinct resemblance between both sets of glyphs. Interesting coincidence, I thought, having learned of this resemblance; worthy of theories as to why...

My main interest lies with the inscription at the Great Pyramid entrance, especially because theories seem to indicate a connection to an ancient language of some sort...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
how about

u t ks io

i am utu

thats "dabogete"

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Took this to the Hall of Maat to get some feed back from those guys and some interesting, in depth information regarding the GP inscription was provided.

Most entries compare the symbols to other ancient alphabets with attempts at deciphering the possible meaning. Another member there made an unsolicited reference to Roswell...

Robert Bauval chimed in with a pic he took of the site (below) but he considers it to be rough graffiti... he hasn't elaborated on this.

Image taken by Robert Bauval

[edit on 11-10-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Ok so, although the discussion regarding these inscriptions has seemingly died here (everyone seems to be caught up with those damn 10/14 threads
or was it the Roswell reference...who knows
) it continues on at the Hall of Maat...

It seems other members there have reached out to Collette MacDowell to get her thoughts on these inscriptions. Apparently her and Robert Schoch have discontinued there collaboration.

Here's a close up of the GP inscription. The interesting thing here(which may have been brought up in this thread already) is that the symbols appear to be raised, to me it almost looks as if they were welded on...

More soon...

edit to add:

check out this website put together by a member from the Hall...

lexarithmos.net...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I agree with all this is quite interesting, but the photos of the glyphs themselves are hard to come by, however, look at the face on Mars, this very well COULD tie into the ancient Maya belief system, for example, they had instruments (not musical. Either scientific or holy) to help them communicate with other planets and civilizations, for example look at the face on Mars, that COULD very well be a sort of monument they built, of course believing that there was a civilization on mars, more ancient to any civilization we can trace on earth. The face itself could be a sort of monument equal to the pyramids, but of course, other worldly. That is just something I have thought up doing research about, Maya, Egyptians, and the Universe itself. Now this theory is quite contradicting to my own beliefs of a divine power, I myself am Jewish.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I have studied over 60 lost or dead written languages. Many ancient languages have identical symbols. As an example if one would look at the Mayan calendar and look at very ancient Chinese, there are symbols that are exact, includeing numbers. This is just one example. There are many exact matches for symbols around the world and down through time. Since many symbols are world wide exact matches, it is not out of the ordinary to think that many symbols could be universal here on Earth as well as beyond Earth. We may even have symbols that we have used in languages that do not even originate from Earth. It is a proven fact that we have been visited for longer than people would like to think. I have found evidence that suggests that this planet may have been visited for as long as 2.8 to 3 billion years, not some piddley 50 thousand, 100 thousand, or few million years.

Here is a pic of an artificially crafted object. If you read up on it and know any thing about geology and mineral cration you will know that these spheres are as old as the rocks they came out of and that is 2.8 to 3 billion years.

www.theworldsbestever.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

did anyone see that there is Greek (i think) letters above the symbols?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

Klerksdorp spheres

The item you linked to a is a well known geological item, there are hundreds if not thousand known to rock hounds in SA. The mystery spheres consist of pyrite and goethite. These spheres consist of goethite within the near-surface, weathered pyrophyllite and consist of pyrite in the unweathered pyrophyllite. The pyrite spheres are metamorphic nodules that formed during the alteration of either clay or volcanic ash to pyrophyllite by metamorphism.

Natural

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My friend is into quantum mechanics and physics and he said the symbols mean this.
"Thats a General Physics of angular velocity for slip velocity and lift The Equation is Velocity(Theta) Identical To (Phi)p+ 1/2 (gamma) which back in the day was written roman numaral now a days its phi squared
There for VΘ≡Φ² later on to become to simplified to omega"

Not really sure how it relates to the Great Pyramid or Roswell but I just thought you might be interested in this.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Slip velocity and lift.... interesting

But what does it all mean Basil?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

That the inscription was added in modern times or we've found proof that time travelers have a sense of humor?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's pure mathematics, their legacy to the ones of the past and too us. It's the universal language. Egyptians were mathematicians, almost everything around their ancient culture was expressed trough mathematics. What possible message could you possibly transmit to a primitive race if you were eons away advanced!? i think you have your answer.

Try finding Rosetta stone symbols and their mathematical meaning, more i can not say.

Regards from a traveler of truth

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

A while back I responded to THIS thread about a lady who saw strange symbols in the sky over Las Vegas. I was doing research for my post (which i usually always do) and I found some interesting stuff in my research involving symbols in general. I ran across an old NASA SETI program booklet from 1979 that talked in detail about how signals in the form of symbols would be fundamental to communication with other intelligent civilizations. It's no wonder why NASA put symbols and messages on some of that generation's spacecraft (namely spacecraft like Voyager I,II and Pioneer 10).

You can see all my sources and images of all these symbols in my post in that thread (located HERE )..

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It is sideways, turn photo counterclockwise. and it is pre-archaic sumerian.

In order:
1. Circle with two lines running horizontal: means Mouth, Bridge, Narrow Crossing
2. Three vertical lines: means The Act of Moving, either Ascending, Descending also may mean Several
3. Circle with one vertical line: means After or Behind, in many cultures it is the phonetic sound of RA
4. > pointing to the right: means Escape or Separate

So my interpretation of this inscription would read thus:
The Bridge to the Higher Realms for those left Behind may Escape.

P.S.
Sources:
Ancient Symbology
Summeriean Phaistos Disk
Egyptian Determinatives

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Looks similar to the Oak Island supposed findings:
Link

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Had some time to review the literature and previous discussions on this inscription:

Smyth, Piazzi, Life and Work At The Great Pyramid
1867, Vol. 1, pp. 71-72. Doesn't mention it and he describes in great depth that which is in-scripted at the entrance.

Nor, does it appear (I didn't have time to look thru all 19th century sources) in the most common 19th century sources and due to its resemblance to Greek would have been noted by the Greek loving (Most Europeans learned Greek in school during that era).

Its presence is not noted in Goyon (1944), Les Inscriptions et Graffiti des Voyageurs sur la Grande Pyramide.

It DOES show up in Pochan's book ( A. Pochan. The Mysteries of the Great Pyramids. 1978. Avon Books) with the illustration of them and it was printed in 1971/78.

From this less than full scholarly look I would say the inscription was placed on the pyramid in the late middle 20th century.

How would that be possible?

Easy for many of those years up to the recent past you could easy bribe guards to do as you like. I once spent 100 Egyptian pounds to be allowed (in 1984) to wander over Menkaure's pyramid for several hours with an Egyptologist friend.

One will also note a recent taking of paint from the relieving chambers. Security at the pyramids has always been slack and inept.

Edited to add.....about 20 US dollars back then.

edit on 19/9/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join