It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Spacewalk UFO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hi,

This is my first posting here. I watched the spacewalk earlier today on BBC news and slowed down all the videos as I spotted unusual flying objects in the background. I can't figure out how to get the visual off my V+ box to post it but am providing a link to YouTube as someone posted a bit of it there - the resolution is quite poor on the copy though but I can confirm them to be very clear on the original transmitted version.

I'm not sure how to provide the YouTube link properly in this forum but here it is again:

www.youtube.com...

Hopefully you guys can get to the link ok. If anyone else has a better copy of this please post. Thanks

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sorry, I should also add that the footage on YouTube is in addition to what I saw. That is to say, there are more of these incidences throughout the spacewalk. Specifically those aired on BBC news today. I'll continue to find copies of those online and link them if I can.

I guess it could be "space junk" but I'm not sure so thought you guys would be the best to assess and discuss it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Do you think they could be satellites or stars? I know there are TONS of satellites in orbit.

I found an article that shows a picture of all the space junk in orbit.

Just a thought...after seeing the nasa videos it made me realize there are lots of "unexplained" things flying and floating around out there.

Too bad these images are so low quality, maybe there are some higher res ones out there.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Could be atzmaz. Certainly, it is hard to see it with that vid. As I said, the high res footage I've got on V+ is better. There were three separate times that there was stuff in the background while he was walking.

The first second on the BBC online footage shows something if you watch his hook.

I can't find, online, the other footage that I saw on BBC news and recorded on my V+ box. Hopefully someone will put it up or post it here.

One question - would satelites or stars appear to move that quickly?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AnOther

They do look like the ice crystal phenomena that the UFO Hunters episode on History Channel examined. The objects filmed are acting the same way as the experimental film did. One can Occam's Razor this one.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AnOther

now im confused.. I just got done reading a thread that the whole mission was a fake.. just like the olympics in china.. hmmm... which one do I believe???/ fake space walk.. or flying saucers watching the fake spacewalk.. or was it a real space walk .. with fake flying saucers?? im getting a headache..

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When I saw the "official" China spacewalk video on TV, I immediately thought it was a fake. Just like the rocket launch news were, released some time before any real rocket launch did even happen...

I think the official video of the Chinese spacewalk could as well be CGI. Today's movie industry can very easily produce such nice, clean videos that seem to be filmed with only two cameras pointing at each other. As long as there are no human faces and other easily-recognized-by-us-humans figures to be seen, videos made with CGI can look very realistic. However, sometimes they are just too clean to be realistic.

But about these other videos where the astronauts (sorry... Taikonauts) are not visible, they look like more realistic space videos really taken from the Chinese spacecraft. They look so much different from the spacewalk video. Why? Did they use several different cameras for different purposes? I don't think so.

In the video without the Chinese taikonauts being visible, there are some pulsating lights flying past the spacecraft, which have been claimed to be satellites, just like in the STS-75 and STS-80 footage. But how many satellites are there in the very low earth orbit (LEO) that the space walk was supposed to happen? I believe the pulsating lights are something else, something that is not suitable to be released to the general public. Yet they will be explained away as being satellites.

At the height of just 341 kilometers from the Earth's surface, there are not very many satellites, as they would require refueling every now and then due to the orbital decay which is caused by the slight atmospheric friction that is still noticeable at those heights. This is roughly the same orbit height as the ISS space station has, but ISS is frequently refueled in order to avoid the fate of Skylab and MIR. Without refueling, the satellites and space stations this close to Earth cannot maintain their orbits and will inevitably enter the atmosphere and burn there, just as Skylab and MIR did.

I smell a conspiracy, a propagandist conspiracy -- With some real footage!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
i saw it too! just then!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's hard to believe anything China claims. They haven't been the most honest or forthright nation in a multitude of instances. Many say that the images they submitted a while back from their so called lunar orbiter we old NASA images.

It was funny to see the news coverage. With the sound turned down you would swear that they were the first nation to go on a space walk. However, even if they did achieve it, they have nothing to really be proud about. I mean - they've stolen or copied most of the technology from the US and other first world nations. Quite a hollow achievement!

Looking at the video, it appears to be ice. You see the same thing all the time on Shuttle/ISS missions.

IRM

new topics

top topics

join