It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A Strange Find

page: 3
2
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
That is an excellent point and noted. Its really great getting so much feedback!




posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz
 


You should do a DNA check on the hair sample at your local Crime Scene Investigation Unit. Whether foul play was involved or not, I'm sure the descendants would be more than happy to pay you for a lost treasure. It should at least pay for your CSI examination. You win either way and perhaps some 'closure' if due is finally achieved. I would do this if I were you.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Perseus Apex]



posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   


Hey, Hey,
how much you want to bet that box belonged to some high school girl who was dabbling in the dark arts and yes i believe that dark art is real and people mess with it and shouldn't but you most likely stumbled upon some teenage wackos dark art box..
reply to post by justuserg2
 


You hit the nail on the head....you thought just what I thought before and after seeing the pictures



posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Maybe it was Micheal Jackson. He originally thought of a blue glove. The Glove and Micheal had creative differences and Micheal took to the black arts to rid him of this problem. That's when he introduced the white glove and the rest as they say is history.



Just having a little fun! Interesting find, many thoughts crept into my head. The above being the last, after I read the thread. Lighten things up a little. I must say the first thing that popped into my head was a murderer or serial killer hiding souvenirs of their victims. Morbid I know, too much Criminal Minds I guess.

Later all,

Deez

[edit on 28-9-2008 by DEEZNUTZ]



posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
You should do a DNA check on the hair sample at your local Crime Scene Investigation Unit. Whether foul play was involved or not, I'm sure the descendants would be more than happy to pay you for a lost treasure. It should at least pay for your CSI examination. You win either way and perhaps some 'closure' if due is finally achieved. I would do this if I were you.



Wow, I am amazed at these comments. Some people spend way to much time watching CSI type shows and apparently NEVER bother to read about real crime or real crime investigations. You guys are totally out of touch with modern day reality.

In reality about 65% of murder cases in the U.S. are solved. Most of the time the cases are solved within the first 2 weeks by standard methods, and if they drag on much longer they are ignored (unless it is high profile).

In the U.S. most states only collect dna from convicted criminals, though the feds now collect it from anyone arrested for a federal crime as of a few months ago. But the fact is the U.S. dna database is NOT that good (though if you happen to have relatives in prison the match may be close enough to put suspicion on you).

The fact is usable dna is often not that common (a fair amount of rape victims will NOT have usable dna on them from their attackers) and even if they find good dna at a crime scene there is a very good chance they won't have anything to match it too.

Now in the future it will be a lot trickier, the Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007 and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of 2008 are designed to allow the collection of dna from all newborns. So 30 years from now the DNA database may be pretty darn good, but right now it is not. The world will be more complicated for serial killers in 30 years, but right now dna is still a relatively minor worry when it comes to getting caught.



[edit on 28-9-2008 by Sonya610]



posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You: "Hello Police Officer. I'd like to do a DNA analysis on this lock of hair."
Police: "Why?"
You: "Because I found it in a box and I think someone was murdered."
Police: "Did you witness it?"
You: "No but I found a lock of hair in a box buried on a hill and someone from the internet recommended to do a DNA analysis."
Police: "ummm...yeah...Was there any signs of struggle in or around the box?"
You: "No. The box looked pretty old and I got a weird feeling from it."
Police: "Did you see any weapons in or around the box? Any blood?"
You: "No and no, but I think someone was murdered and you should do a DNA analysis on it as well as take prints from the box, test to see if there was any blood evidence and examine the potential crime scene within a half an hour just like on CSI."
Police: "And are you willing to pay for this?"
You: "......"
Police: "Have you been smoking something? Are you under the influence?"
You: "Oh dang, I forgot to set my tivo to record CSI. I'll be right back."
Police: *sigh* "I'll still be here."



posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz
 


WOW, my jaw hit my desk when i clicked the google maps image and saw that i live literally 1 minute away from the location, In lakewood. my take is given the area that it is with the inhabitants that Austin has, its probably just some hippies leaving a memory box. many eclectic people come and visit the overlook nearby and wouldnt doubt one of them thinking itd be a good place to bury a time capsule. still so interesting to find that it was soo near by.



posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have a couple of questions:

1. Why post them on your Flickr account?

2. Why post the same pictures on your Flickr account, once in 2003, then in 2008?

3. Why is there no Exif data?

4. Why are these pictures taken at the site?

5. Why are there no close up pictures of the items you have found (that are discernable)?

6. Are/Why were these pictures taken at night?

7. Why do you keep trying too lead people towards thinking that these items have either an occult meaning or that they are connected with death/murder?

I have many more questions, hope you get around too explaining the ones asked above.

Cheers, Fox.



posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au
I have a couple of questions:

1. Why post them on your Flickr account?

2. Why post the same pictures on your Flickr account, once in 2003, then in 2008?

3. Why is there no Exif data?

4. Why are these pictures taken at the site?

5. Why are there no close up pictures of the items you have found (that are discernable)?

6. Are/Why were these pictures taken at night?

7. Why do you keep trying too lead people towards thinking that these items have either an occult meaning or that they are connected with death/murder?

I have many more questions, hope you get around too explaining the ones asked above.

Cheers, Fox.


To answer your questions:

1. Why post them on your Flickr account? I don't normally use flickr. I actually use kodak gallery for my personal photos and tried flickr briefly but just don't like the interface. I saw that it did have some abilities that my other account didn't have so I downloaded them from one site to get the original sizes I uploaded.

2. Why post the same pictures on your Flickr account, once in 2003, then in 2008? As I said before I don't really use flickr, but had tried it briefly back in the day. Now I only put things there for ATS and for identification of rocks and minerals I find.

3. Why is there no Exif data? These were the pictures I downloaded from my kodak gallery repository. Perhaps I can find the originals on my network drive to get the Exif data for you.

4. Why are these pictures taken at the site? I brought my camera because the scenery from up there is amazing. The high cliffs, the water and boats and bridge below, and the beautiful sunset. We were actually sitting on the cliffs when I noticed the box half buried behind me.

5. Why are there no close up pictures of the items you have found (that are discernable)? I think its pretty discenable what they were. You can clearly see the tiles, the glove, but my camera wouldn't focus on the hair or chain clearly due to the diminishing light but you can see them if you zoom in. I tried several others that just didn't come out due to the flash washing them out.

6. Are/Why were these pictures taken at night? These were taken at sunset. We were there to watch it.

7. Why do you keep trying too lead people towards thinking that these items have either an occult meaning or that they are connected with death/murder? I'm definitely not which is why in my original post I gave no specific bend on what I thought they were. I do watch CSI and other shows like that quite a bit and didn't want to be swayed. I was just wondering if anyone else saw significance in these objects or a box of this type. Personally like I said it gave me the creeps, but maybe that was just me. To someone else they might have been happy to find it. I don't think we may ever know the answer but its something I felt would be appropriate to ask here in this forum.

Thanks for your questions, I will search for the originals to provide EXIF data.



posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz
 

Thanks for the reply...

I am looking forward too what the rest of ATS thinks.

Hope you find what your seeking.

Cheers, Fox.



posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ok I've located the original pics! Can someone recommend the best way/place to post them so I don't change of obscure the EXIF data?



posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
Ok I've located the original pics! Can someone recommend the best way/place to post them so I don't change of obscure the EXIF data?


I have no clue about how to post pix to prove authenticity. But I believe you are authentic, your attitude is humble and you do not sound like you are trying to manipulate anyone.

Don't worry about skeptical comments. : )



posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex
 


neat idea.. expanding on that it might be cool to contact a local college and let the forensic students run with it



posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   



posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
your post inspired my interest and sent a chill down my spine'''
my intution is the box and momentos are a shrine of some type and all the symbolism is important.
I do believe a young girl was murdered ,, or possiblly killed accidently (becaus of panic) after a sexual encounter... ,,I think he was very much older and very attached to this girl ...watched her grow up.. possibly he was a gardner or worker at her home and close to the family over years.
These possibilities are of course only impressions but going with the facts a couple of things stand out to me..
first the glove apears to be a winter glove and of a femine style..
is that correct?? You live in Austin Texas does it get cold there? If not possibly this was a memento from a trip ..
The other thing that drew my attention was the tiles... can you please desribe what the male and female are doing in your impression.. I really coudnt tell but feel its possibly important
I apologize if I sound crazy but thank you for reading I enjoed reading your posts



posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
your post inspired my interest and sent a chill down my spine'''
my intution is the box and momentos are a shrine of some type and all the symbolism is important.
I do believe a young girl was murdered ,, or possiblly killed accidently (becaus of panic) after a sexual encounter... ,,I think he was very much older and very attached to this girl ...watched her grow up.. possibly he was a gardner or worker at her home and close to the family over years.
These possibilities are of course only impressions but going with the facts a couple of things stand out to me..
first the glove apears to be a winter glove and of a femine style..
is that correct?? You live in Austin Texas does it get cold there? If not possibly this was a memento from a trip ..
The other thing that drew my attention was the tiles... can you please desribe what the male and female are doing in your impression.. I really coudnt tell but feel its possibly important
I apologize if I sound crazy but thank you for reading I enjoed reading your posts



Wow spooky reply. It does get cold here but only for a very brief time during the year. I looked at the tiles closer but its so obscured I honestly have no idea whats going on in that scene. Defintiely a man and a woman in victorian style clothing. Nothing sounds crazy as this is just a forum for ideas so thank you for shaing yours.

[edit on 10/5/2008 by atzmaz]



posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I have no clue about how to post pix to prove authenticity. But I believe you are authentic, your attitude is humble and you do not sound like you are trying to manipulate anyone.

Don't worry about skeptical comments. : )



Thanks for that. I just always want to be forthcoming with information if I actually have it.


[edit on 10/5/2008 by atzmaz]



posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


I'm an active geocacher and I have to say that we tend to use containers that are protected from the enviornment. Also the person who hides the cache is also suppose to maintain it. Meaning they have to continuously check up on the cache to ensure it is good condition. Another point I want to add is that all containers usually have some type of marking stating it is a geocache on the container or it has a sign in log inside with a brief description of the hobby. So, in other words, if the box was not marked or didn't have a log in roster inside it then it is not a geocache.

Maybe it is a time capsule or something of that sort.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join