It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God as Alien

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I tried to do a search on this, but I couldn't find anything so here goes.

What if God, or what we think of as God, is really an alien civilization who has created us. With all of our advances in cloning and gene manipulation, I could definately see that someone with much more advanced technology could have figured this out long ago and through genetic manipulation formed a new race desgined to fit the environmental factors of another planet. Any thoughts on this?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i don't think you used the search correctly

try putting "god" as the first word
then "alien" in the second bar and just watch and see how many threads pop up relating this issue.

ET3

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well that is kind of what the bible is realy all about, who what and why they and we are here.

But dont take a religious point, jsut take a realist point of view.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
But that negates the fact that GOD is all, an alien race can only be a part of "all" but not be ALL.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by meddled
What if God, or what we think of as God, is really an alien civilization who has created us.

You have to be careful with this line of thought. You still end up with the same questions. If God, as in the creator of human life, is just another life form, who created him. This line of thought is simply putting off the question of who is the creator. It has to start somewhere. You can't have something from nothing.

Eventually you have to end up with a Creator who has no equal. A power that was not created and is beyond understanding. I don't think it's to strange to think that the great Creator personally created people, and gave us some insight into himself in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OK, agreed that I should have been more careful with my wording. My point was to say that an alien civilization could have been the one who created us/. Yes there would have to be a origin of that species though.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ah, yes! The aliens created us. Let's not argue that they did. Let's say that there are super intelligent beings that can create the DNA structure, with error correction mind you. Did they shop for a perfect location, or did they create this one?

You'll need a location in a stable orbit around a stable star. It should have a very large satallite to protect the planet from asteroids. The moon is 1/3 the size of the Earth. No other planet has any thing close to it (In relation to its size). Imagine a moon 1/3 the size of Jupiter orbiting it. How do you stabalize the moon and planet in perfect unison?

It would be nice if there were larger planets orbiting nearby to catch stray comets(Shoemaker Levy, Jupiter) It would be terrible to go to the trouble and then watch a stray comet destroy it all.

This is a very difficult task. Perhaps they are super aliens.

I'm not making fun of your idea. I think this is far more probable than evolution. I've thought this out quite a few times myself. The further I went with this theory, the closer I get to the realization that these aliens would have to be some kind of almighty being to organize all of "this".

I think its great that you are using your brain and not taking the easy way out. ("We just evolved" ) Keep searching and you'll find the truth

Here's a very interesting bit to listen to.Click HERE Listen and let me know what you think.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Personally at the moment i do not think aliens created us and god is just the whole thing the universe etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Ah, yes! The aliens created us. Let's not argue that they did. Let's say that there are super intelligent beings that can create the DNA structure, with error correction mind you. Did they shop for a perfect location, or did they create this one?

Ok, first off, look at the work we have done with genetic engineering. No, we cannot make DNA, but we are about to get to the point where we can actively and purposely affect it. Science may be able to affect our DNA that would allow us to live on another planet using specific DNA and genetic engineering that would allow us to thrive.

If there was not another planet to use, the technology of terraforming a new planet might come into existence. It may seem farfetched now, but I wouldn't put it past us in about 700-800 years. You could even put this new planet in a stable orbit in an exisitng solar system. All of this is admittedly theoretical, but its something to think about.

By the way, i've listened to about half of that lecture or sermon you sent me. He does make some interesting and provacotive points, ones that I've wrestled with before. Don't get me wrong, i do believe in a god, but i do not necessarily think that everything must point to god. Yes, the chances are very slim that DNA and genetic structure would have just happened by chance, but a lot of other things in the universe that "might" have happened did not, such as the formation of any other planet that we know of that has any sort of vegetation or strong variants within the environment like the earth does.

In fact, I believe that if aliens did exist then the proof for a God would be infinitely stronger in that the chances of two or more intelligent beings in the galaxy would have to be astronomical. I've heard Carl Sagan's equation on this, but I still think that intelligent life would be an extremely rare find indeed.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The guy's lecture/sermon is pretty long. Sorry, I forgot about that.
I just remembered that I found it very interesting.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
By the way, who was that and where was he speaking and for whom?

Also, no comments on the other parts of the post?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The speaker was Dr. Mark Eastman. Very interesting to listen to. I don't know where he was speaking at or who the audience was. I like the way he explains things. It's like "O I never thought of it that way". I just went to his site, (marshill.org) but it's down know. We broke it

He has a book out called Alien Encounters: The Secret Behind the UFO Phenomenon
I've been wanting to read it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Terraforming and moving planets? You would need a lot of energy to do that. (Mass X Speed of Planet = serious potential)
Its a long way across just our galaxy. Who knows, but odds are there's no one else out there.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by dbates]

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by dbates]

new topics

top topics

join