It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Custom Avatar 2500 points, help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

What was going on for about 40 or so minutes, ATS was unavailibe for Maintinance. was this True?, or was someone messing with your servers? Because i saw no announcement
/\ old thread question/\

*\/\/\/ new\/\/\/*

I have used the option to get a custom, avatar background costing 2500points,
It is not showing up, its a really good one too, how long until it is displayed?

Also i am hoping my free avatar, picture will show ontop of it?

This is how i want it to work, frog space space space, Background and the lizard will seamlessley repeat

[edit on 27-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I didn't notice that anything was amiss, I'v been on a while.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I haven't had any problems either.

But that's a pretty slick new "ATS down" graphic in the screenshot. I forget what it was we got the other week when ATS was down a couple mornings, but it wasn't that pretty

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
What was going on for about 40 or so minutes, ATS was unavailibe for Maintinance.

The entire site was fully available, we simply disabled the ability for members to create new content while we performed some maintenance on the database. It's much easier with the content/data is static and there are no changes (new posts) and high-load operations (new content) being performed.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks SkepticOverlord, I was wondering for a second if the ATS Servers had been plundered, By Someone,.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ignore this post, testing new, background for avatar

Hmm not working

Ignore

ignore

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

The problem is you don't have 2500 combined points. Try making a podcast for points.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Sorry your wrong on that one Steve, a member does not need to use combined ATS/BTS points to purchase backgrounds. I recommend that members who do not have enough BTS points to not use combined points doing so will result in a negative BTS points value .

The purchase window in the ATS Store is defaulted at combined ATS/BTS points, there is a drop down tab that gives the member the ability to use points from either ATS or BTS or combined. there choice.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys, but it isnt showing up for somereason, does it have to be a certain length, and will it be cut off it it doesnt?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Backgrounds are not my strong suit. I make all my backgrounds to be 180 px wide and 1500px long and under 50k, that way it is not repeated and usually covers a long post.

See Background Image Instructions By kinglizard

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
On the same topic. I spent 2500pts this week. I had a specific avatar in mind. Unfortuantely my puter abilities do not par with a five yr old.

I kept throwing things at it for two days to see if something would stick.

So I'm out 2500pts for no reason. Yes, I saw the disclaimer. If you mess up you lose it.

In the spirit of commanality. I wonder if a mod could look at my case, and perhaps resolve it.

If not, that's ok to.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It is 180px wide, but is slightly longer than the avatar standard

top topics

join