It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Newman died :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
just heard that paul newman died at the age of 83

Legendary film star Paul Newman dies at 83
From the Associated Press | 7:10 a.m.
The stunningly handsome actor maintained his superstar status through nearly 100 Broadway, television and movie roles, evolving into Hollywood's elder statesman. He was 83 and had been diagnosed with cancer

source: LA times

i am always shocked when such heroes suddenly die, although one hasn,t heard anything new of them for a while

to me paul newman was an outstanding great actor, really somebody who will be missed

my thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P. Mr Newman

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
He surely will be missed, although he wasnt actively acting, his name was always front and center with his coffee and his salad dressings. A good actor!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
We shared the same birthday.

Rest in Peace Paul Newman.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a friend just sent me some nice youtube stuff of paul newman

a biography of the biography channel

an interview from 2007 at letterman - amazing he has been together with his wife for 50 years

in his younger days screen test with james dean

cat on a hot tin roof with elizabeth taylor

[edit on 27-9-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow, I had no idea. When I was young I always picked him to be my "movie star husband". I fell in love with his eyes. He will certainly be missed and my thoughts are with his family as well.

Rush

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Paul Newman is a legend of Hollywood and auto racing the world over. Not only was Newman known for his acting, but he was also known for raing automobiles as a hobby. During his time a co-owner of Newman/Hass/Lanigan Racing, his team accumlated 101 total victories since it was founded in 1983. Newman himself was not too shabby of a racer himself. Newman was a common competitor in the Trans Am Series in the 1970s, and a two-time class winner in sports cars.

Newman will be missed

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Wow you just think these guys will live for ever,

I have watched many of his old films and i always thought that if i had been around in those days i would have quite fancyed him lol,

Such a shame but what a legacy he will live on by

top topics

join